Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@rhylass It was during one of the sagas. Can't remember which one. Whats funny I remember the same characters addressing Eivor as "er"/him later again. Seems like a bug actually.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@souldrinkerlp

The gender agenda of late Ubisoft.

• MrTysta
    2 posts

Why is the coverart of the game male if Eivor is a female?
    Plus Spoiler alert ... isn't Eivor reincarnation of Odin?

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@rhylass That seems a little unfair.
    Someone sent me some videos where Eivor is referred to as a he though which is rather strange;

at 5:20, beware spoilers but it is early in the game.

• MissM16
    165 posts

If it's not a bug, they should fix it anyway imo. I would be annoyed as well if they called my ginger beast male Eivor a "she".

Curious though... did you let the Animus choose (it always picks the female) or picked the female initially and then switched to the male? Maybe that's why?

I picked the male from the very beginning and thankfully, they've used the right pronouns for him... so far at least : /

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@duncanotoole
    Thanks for the video. Clearly, perhaps UBIsoft wants to comment on the issue?

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@missm16 Me too. I choosed the male version right from the start, switched to female for a minute out of curiosity to see how she looked and switched back to male.
    Now Eivor is and remains a male. speech is, at least in the German version always "he".
    Regards

• Patricia81994
    113 posts

Yes that is indeed weird because how on earth can you say she to someone that looks like this 😕

Clearly am male right.

If this was the other way around so female Eivor would be called a he then i could at least agree with that.

Yeah she still looks more like a man then a woman ... to me at least. 😒

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 73 posts

It's worth raising and I have addressed this back to the team.
    Please however refrain from any transphobic commentary as this will likely end in a ban from the forums.
    There is no need for hatred here in the forums.
    Be good to one another ❤

Official Response
  • SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

I play male exclusively so I'm hoping this doesn't happen. I really don't understand the reasoning for it if it is intended. It invalidates your choice. Not a good look.

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubit00n

Yes, for goodness sake, I think it is fair game to talk about it as a creative choice from the Ubisoft and whether you like it or not, because of story reasons.
    But please let us not delve into hateful rhetoric. The intention wasn't that at all.

• MissM16
    165 posts

@rhylass

Good to hear 😊

I'm playing the English version and no "she"-bugs for me either. Maybe it does have something to do with picking him from the start.

• MissM16
    165 posts

@patricia81994

Same reason I picked the male : /

It doesn't help the female giving her the same hairstyles and bulky armor as the male. Can't play dress-up with her and pretty her up so I chose the male. We can at least give him a glorious Viking beard. lol

• Mordule
    35 posts

The old man in Sussex that needs help moving crates thinks you are his daughter. Uhm old man you said you are sight impaired but not deaf. Also my male Eivor makes female grunting sounds when breaking things and sometimes when climbing.

• Mordule
    35 posts

@missm16

I am glad there is no melon (they censored my word for female chest) armor or typical female only hairstyles. This is not a dress-up game.

• Mordule
    35 posts

@ubit00n

Wut? I have seen nothing of the sort in this thread. I think that being overly PC brings more hatred than people that just want an open discussion. Remember we are talking about a game that centers on people from the dark ages. You and I need to stop emphasizing that our correctness should reflect on someone from 1200 years ago (real or video game character). Stop apologizing and accusing. The people here are only commenting on potential bugs between male and female Eivor.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Fimbulthulur
    64 posts

@ubit00n yes, pls fix this. It is really annyoing. Same thing, like with end cutscene where Basim sits and has a bleeding effect, seeing female Eivor, although I played with male character. Seeing another person appear deminishes all the effort, I have put into the game, because this particular scene is important and touching.
    Also Ubisoft representatives pre-release mentioned that both genders will be canon.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994

Same reason I picked the male : /

It doesn't help the female giving her the same hairstyles and bulky armor as the male. Can't play dress-up with her and pretty her up so I chose the male. We can at least give him a glorious Viking beard. lol

Oh i still play as female Eivor and i do like her but if she would look and act a little more like a woman i would at least like her more i can't help it. And the reason why i do not like to play as male Eivor ... . There is a simple reason for that i just cannot relate to a male protagonist i love to play as myself or at least as much as possible.

The only male character that i actually liked was Kratos in the last GoW game. 😊

But if i could wish something then i wish that i could choose gender in every game out there and still coming. 😏

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @duncanotoole It's not a bug. Eivor is female, regardless of what avatar Layla uses to view the memories through. She is called "she" because she's, well, a she.

I know i've read it somewhere else that Eivor is female no matter what gender you choose but still that's weird because Ubi is normally so pro male.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics