Community Manager 73 posts

@mordule It was deleted so my comments were a gentle reminder to others 🙂

Official Response
  • s0n0fthecreed
    5 posts

@ubit00n Is it a bug? Just would like to know

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@duncanotoole I finished the game and my male Eivor was randomly referred to as "she" throughout the game, usually by NPC's talking about Eivor. It's clearly a bug, else he would always be referred to as she. Also, if we are canonically female, why is there a picture of male Eivor on the cover? I played Odyssey as Alexios and don't recall being referred to as she in that. Anyway, if we are really supposed to be female, then I'd rather not have the choice at all than this immersion-breaking rubbish which some people seem to think is intentional. xD

• THORINORIN
    1 posts

Honestly it has to be a bug, and if it isn't then they should change it in a patch because the player should decide if they want their eivor (female or male) to be referred to as he or she. Personally it breaks the immersion of the game and also not fond of playing as male eivor having everyone refer to me as a she. If other players want a trans, female, male or whatever viking cool but make it an option for the player.

• nuclearpanda31
    4 posts

Was this ever like...said, straight up, to be a bug? Or was it an intentional design choice?

It's very jarring to hear so much misgendering sometimes. Don't get me wrong; I'm not mad about it , but like...I picked male for a reason, is it too much as to want to be referred as he and not she? I fully respect that female Eivor is canon, but this did not happen in Odyssey, even with Kassandra as the canon character.

It's immersion breaking, IMO, even if it's something so trivial - one of my friends also has this issue with female Eivor being referred to as he by some NPCs, though by the sounds of it not nearly as often.

• kirk1701007
    19 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kirk1701007
    19 posts

UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff
     UbiKobold 225 posts
    Jan 2, 2021, 4:29 PM Hey everyone, and thank you all for your patience! Thanks for contacting us about this issue of being referred to as 'he' or 'she', when you are playing as the opposite gender. The Game team is currently investigating this. Please keep an eye out for any future updates!

• kirk1701007
    19 posts

@abeonis from theUbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff
     UbiKobold 225 posts
    Jan 2, 2021, 4:29 PM Hey everyone, and thank you all for your patience! Thanks for contacting us about this issue of being referred to as 'he' or 'she', when you are playing as the opposite gender. The Game team is currently investigating this. Please keep an eye out for any future updates!
    It is a bug and there's the proof

• Dioman80
    5 posts

I'm glad Ubisoft is aware of this issue. I know some people don't think it's a bug because of the endgame twist but It clearly is a bug. A friend of mine plays a female Eivor and he claims that the npcs were calling her a he at the start of the game and my male Eivor is being called a she in Essex and Snotinghamshire, these are the only two places were my Eivor is referred to as a she. So there's clearly gendered dialog in the game that matches your Eivor's gender but it's seems to be broken.

spoiler

• nuclearpanda31
    4 posts

@dioman80

I actually just did the Essex arc; was surprised that I hadn't heard all of the misgendering that I'd read about...and then I got to a quest (Childhood Sweetheart) and my male Eivor is referred to as a she. I really wish it didn't bother me but...it did.

They definitely should have just gone the twin route or something. Hopefully they fix this soon.

• kirk1701007
    19 posts

@nuclearpanda31 I reported this bug last November to them under bug reports they told me they needed pics of the bug . Just letting you know if you report the bug just be ready to show them the pics of them referring to male Eivor as she/her instead if he/him when making the report . I totally agree with you that they should fix this bug soon .

• nuclearpanda31
    4 posts

@kirk1701007

I made a gameplay support case thingy on the cases thing, so hopefully I get a response there.

Only thing that bugs me is that this isn't listed on any known issues lists they've come out with.

• Dioman80
    5 posts

@nuclearpanda31
    This bug seems to pop up in random places. From reading through different forum post about this issue the most common places Male Eivor is bugged is Essex and Snotinghamshire. For Female Eivor it's seems to be the Norway portions of the game. So I'm guessing this bug is due to some code in the dialog not registering your Eivor's chosen gender and defaulting to the opposite one instead.

To be clear this bug isn't a dealbreaker (this is one of my favorite Assassins creeds yet and I've already suck a hundred hours in it) it's just a little annoying. I want my characters to be referred to by the gender I picked for them regardless if they're female or male. It kinda takes you out of the role playing aspect of the game when your badass viking shield maiden is referred to as a dude or your burly bearded berserker is called a chick.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

I like when male eivor get called she, because my male eivor romance all dudes and is always the passiv part in the black out scene
    Please more of this feature

• nuclearpanda31
    4 posts

@raski0611

What?

No. Less please, lol. It'd be amazing if this was fixed tomorrow.

• kirk1701007
    19 posts

@nuclearpanda31 I totally agree with less is best ! the Bug that calls Male Eivor by female pronouns has got to go .

• Silenthero66
    7 posts

@geoage095 You can't say its not a mistake when the story cutscene dialogue will correctly refer to your male character as "he" but all the open world ambient dialogue refers to male Eivor as "she". Its stupid, lazy, and destroys the immersion.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics