Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

Hey,

I had to look into some spoiler territory to see if this is a bug or not, and some say it is and some say it isn't. So never got a satisfying answer.
    Do you guys know if the Gendered pronouns should change based on what Gender you are playing as? Or if it for narrative reasons will always be "She."

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• geoage095
    39 posts

I dont think it is a bug,because canonically Eivor is ++++++SPOILERS+++++++++++++++++++++ female.Happened to me to since I played with male Eivor and I found it weird,but when i progressed with the story I realized that it was probably intended like that.

Is it weird? Yes.

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@duncanotoole It's not a bug. Eivor is female, regardless of what avatar Layla uses to view the memories through. She is called "she" because she's, well, a she.

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@geoage095 Absolutely weird, and I figured as much, but I hoped. It kinda negates the choice. I hate this.

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@duncanotoole Why does it negate the choice?

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@abeonis
    I think that's a question what the player wanted Valhalla to be, simply put if I played the Witcher as a Female but they kept referring to me as male that in my purview would negate the choice and personally would ruin my purview of the character.
    I play as male Eivor, but I feel it is a reminder that everytime they refer Eivor as a she that I am playing the game wrong even though they gave me the choice of playing as male Eivor.
    It ruins the illusion and that takes away my enjoyment of the game.

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@duncanotoole Using Male Eivor feels about as right as using an AK47 in 873 AD England.

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@duncanotoole You're not playing as male Eivor though. You're playing as female Eivor with a male avatar (there's an in-universe reason for this that I will not spoil here).

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@abeonis Yeah I've read about it, doesn't make me like it any more because of that reasoning, I don't like because of that story reason.
    Personally would have preferred a rehash of Oddyssey's reasoning, alternate timelines, or my personal favorite just ignoring it completely.

• Abeonis
    55 posts

@duncanotoole Yours is a perfectly valid preference, so I won't ignore it. I personally quite like how they've done it this time around.

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@abeonis Well I mean to some degree I am wrong; mainly because I bought the game for the Viking RPG aspect and less so for the Assassin's Creed part. and in the end Valhalla does not fully scratch that itch because of the AC things. Which I am really bummed about, but it's not like I think they ruined their own game, I just creatively disagree.
    Alas, it is what it is, At least Cyberpunk is around the Corner.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@rhylass Played german too and had some occurences where people addressed Eivor as "sie"/she.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    Really, didn't noticed on witch occasion?
    Regards
    Sigurd is thinking he has got himself a Bruder brother and addresses him like one.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@rhylass It was during one of the sagas. Can't remember which one. Whats funny I remember the same characters addressing Eivor as "er"/him later again. Seems like a bug actually.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@souldrinkerlp

The gender agenda of late Ubisoft.

• MrTysta
    2 posts

Why is the coverart of the game male if Eivor is a female?
    Plus Spoiler alert ... isn't Eivor reincarnation of Odin?

• Duncanotoole
    Original poster 8 posts

@rhylass That seems a little unfair.
    Someone sent me some videos where Eivor is referred to as a he though which is rather strange;

at 5:20, beware spoilers but it is early in the game.

• MissM16
    213 posts

If it's not a bug, they should fix it anyway imo. I would be annoyed as well if they called my ginger beast male Eivor a "she".

Curious though... did you let the Animus choose (it always picks the female) or picked the female initially and then switched to the male? Maybe that's why?

I picked the male from the very beginning and thankfully, they've used the right pronouns for him... so far at least : /

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@duncanotoole
    Thanks for the video. Clearly, perhaps UBIsoft wants to comment on the issue?

Suggested Topics