Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

I can't use a wireless controller to play Valhalla on my Xbox One. The game disconnects it and then reconnects 3 seconds later, only to disconnect again. Does this over and over till I quit. Is no one else experiencing this?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HuliKrayse
    2 posts

Hi, im playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my Xbox One. Using a new Shock Blue Xbox Series X controller. Works fine in other games and in menus. But during gameplay the controller disconnects and reconnects over and over gain but only during gameplay. Ive returned the controller claiming it was faulty. Had a replacement but doing the same thing. Ive swapped the batteries with a charge pack. Same thing. Ive updated the controller. It works fine while connected to the xbox via cord but once i disconnect the cord from controller is loses connection again. Is this a bug from Assassins Creed Valhalla? Or faulty controller or xbox?

Julian

• JudgeKenobi
    5 posts

@hulikrayse Can confirm this is an issue from Ubi's side. I have literally the exact same problem. Replaced my controller due to drift and decided to get the new controller despite not having the new system yet. Same repeating restarts when outside of menus. Basically unplayable on that controller. I'll have to live with the drift for now until they get a patch out for this. Interestingly, the issue isn't happening for people who do have the new system, so it's almost like there's a bit of code that didn't make it in to the Xbox One version because they didn't consider that people would do that. I opened a support ticket about this issue at around 4 PM Eastern today. Watching this post so I can update when they get back to me. I would imagine they'll try to patch this fast as it shouldn't be too hard and it could potentially exclude a pretty large portion of the player base.

• HuliKrayse
    2 posts

@judgekenobi hopefully they update this soon. Spewing i cant use the new controller for the awesome game on my xbox one

• JudgeKenobi
    5 posts

@hulikrayse Sadly, support got back to me but tried to say this needs to be handled through Microsoft. I think they are failing to understand that this isn't limited to just me and my controller. You would think they would want to address something that is keeping the now current generation of controller from working on what must be a big platform for them, xbox one. I'm going to write back to them and tell them I think they misunderstand and this needs to be mentioned to their team.

• ThaRealCuber
    9 posts

@judgekenobi @HuliKrayse

I have the exact same problem.
    Replaced my old drifty controller with a shiney new carbon black version. The new one with sharebutton.

Everything works fine untill I start Valhalla. The controller disconnects every second which makes the game unplayable.
    Dash, apps, other game (Marvel's Avengers), old drifitng controller no problems!!

I will file support complaint as well.

• jylo67
    1 posts

Made an account just to comment on this as I am having the exact same problem. I reported the problem using the Xbox Insider app so maybe that will have some luck.

If it's any use to you it seems to work okay when it is plugged in by a USB cable.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon though!

• papboy2014
    4 posts

Exact same problem here, got anew Shock Blue controller today and it just won’t work wireless. Connected it’s fine but it’s driving me mad (especially as my dog attacked my old controller lol!!) - let’s hope they fix it soon. Where did you all report it to?

• JudgeKenobi
    5 posts

Hey everyone!
    Just updating to let everyone know that is watching this post that support has forwarded this specific issue to the dev team. Here's hoping it's a quick fix.

• kingkilium
    1 posts

Same problem here, playing Watch Dogs 3 on Series X I get the "boring squid" error message. I think it's an xboxlive issue since the console also disconnects my wireless headsed.

• ggreen942020
    2 posts

@hulikrayse yes this is happening with me also! I bought the new shock blue Xbox controller for my Xbox one to play assassins creed Valhalla and it just keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I was going to return the controller to Amazon but after seeing these comments it’s obviously something to do with Ubisoft. Hope they can resolve this issue soon and I don’t like playing with a wire plugged in

• ThaRealCuber
    9 posts

my new play and charge kit arrived today. Can confirm it does seem to work while connected by wire.

• ggreen942020
    2 posts

@tharealcuber yeah I’ve ordered a cheap usb c wire off Amazon to tide me over until this is fixed by the devs or Microsoft

• SashimiTurtle
    1 posts

Can confirm, my wife just bought me a new sonic blue controller because my old ones were getting worn out. Controller works perfectly fine until I start valhalla and it's constantly flashing the Xbox button and the screen says reconnect controller. Hopefully we get a fix soon, not sure when I'll be able to pick up a Series X.

• BlitzSparkz
    12 posts

Same for me too. Bought the blue shock controller yesterday, everything works fine except for Valhalla. I can only get pass the main menu.

• griz801
    1 posts

Restart your console

• SemperFi2894
    1 posts

Hi, im playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on my Xbox One. Using a new Xbox Series X controller. Works fine in other games and in menus. But during gameplay the controller disconnects and reconnects over and over gain but only during gameplay. Ive returned the controller claiming it was faulty. Had a replacement but doing the same thing. Ive swapped the batteries with a charge pack. Same thing. Ive updated the controller. It works fine while connected to the xbox via cord but once i disconnect the cord from controller is loses connection again. Reconnecting the controller only foxes the issue for a couple of minutes before it starts doing the same thing.

• TBlair64
    2 posts

Same here. OG XBO valhalla standard, shock blue controller. Disconnects and re-connects every other second.

• Richardt7
    2 posts

@illmac99 I've got the same issue. The only fix I've found is plugging a USB-C cable into the controller and playing with it connected to my Xbox.

• Richardt7
    2 posts

@ubi-baron I've got the same issue playing on an Xbox. The only solution I've found is connect the controller via a USB-C cable.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics