Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@papboy2014 Thank you for your answers, I have forwarded these to the development team 🙂 It looks like the one regarding trying on a secondary profile was cut off, so would you mind confirming if you did try this or not?

@illMac99 My role here on the forums is to both offer support and to moderate, and this is why I am politely asking that you mind your tone and keep your language appropriate. 🙂 I reserve the right to refuse support if needed, so I would like to ask again that you do reply with courtesy and respect, so that we can get this issue investigated properly and hopefully get you all back to playing without issue! As such - I appreciate the answers provided in the rest of your post and have forwarded them to the developers now. It sounds like you've been having a difficult time with controllers and I do fully appreciate the annoyance of this, so rest assured that as soon as I have an update to share I'll post it here. You mentioned a support case - if you can quote the reference number here I can check in there and add some information about the issue under investigation so that my colleagues are aware of your contributions in this thread as well. Thank you!

@HolierThanAll Thank you for your explanation and answers to my questions, I've forwarded all of this information to the developers for them to review!

@SaintlyStorms Thanks for your report! Could you please answer the list of questions previously posted in order to give us a better overview of your experience?

@ThaRealCuber Thank you for your answers and for confirming that the workaround to use the controller wired works for you. I've forwarded these details to the developers now.

I'll let you all know as soon as I hear anything more back! 🙂

Official Response
  • SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@ubi-woofer Apologies.

1. I am using the Xbox Series X

2. I'm using the Elite 2 controller although I have used the series x controller and have the same results.

3. The issue only seems to be with Valhalla. I've played various games since and have no problem with them except for random disconnections while playing Valhalla.

4. I haven't encountered the issue while in the menus. Certainly during gameplay.

5. My little brother has a profile on my Series x and I can confirm that it is happening there too.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@saintlystorms Many thanks, I've sent your answers off now as well! 🙂

Official Response
  • MrRiboflavin328
    1 posts
    • Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

I'm playing on Xbox One.

I am using a Microsoft Carbon Black controller

This only occurs while playing Valhalla.

This happens only when playing

This is my only profile.

It does it so much, I can't even get through the opening cutscene where the main character is a child.

• Pelikansvans
    1 posts

Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant?
    Xbox one the og

Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative?
    Xbox one Blue shock series x

This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    Only in Valhalla

Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    Only during gameplay

Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?
    Only opne profile, works fine with old controller though.

• IVB3ARXI
    2 posts
    • Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)

Xbox One, first model

• Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.

Xbox Core Controller - Carbon Black

Only happens on AC Valhalla

Just noticed it on game play

• Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

No

Mine started last week. Before that it was fine. The controller(see above) is new.

• IVB3ARXI
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

Where/how do you want video evidence sent?

• Hulin2112
    1 posts

Also having this problem. Picked up a new series X controller bc my old Xbox one controller was starting to drift. Works fine with every other game, including other games optimized for the next gen. Bug comes and goes, but when it happens the game is completely unplayable. Not to mention I also have never been able to connect to the Ubisoft servers. This is ridiculously frustrating since the games been out for a month now and this issue still has not been resolved. I appreciate the efforts being put in by the support team. It’s the dev team and the rest of Ubisoft that continues to [censored] me off. The game is badass, but has so many ridiculous bugs. Not to mention, this isn’t the first time Ubisoft has release a game that was virtually unplayable due to bugs.

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

At what point does Ubisoft stop bundling things into a patch and start hotfixing?

It's been over a month and there haven't been any significant fixes to this absolutely broken game. I'm getting angrier every day I'm not able to finish this stupid [censored] game.

What is it going to take to get you motherfuckers to do something???

• diploidhelix
    14 posts

I’m having the same issue. I thought it was the controller so I had it replaced. Still same issue. But when I play every other game I have there is no issue even prior AC games. This is obviously a Ubi issue. One thing worth mentioning is that most of the time it will work until the loading screen comes on. As soon as a cutscene begins or fast travel it starts up. It reconnects and disconnects constantly. Hopefully they address this in the next patch. They have a lot of issues to work out. Overall I am enjoying the game but not as much as Odyssey. I thought that felt more like and adventure.

• diploidhelix
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer

okay, so here you go:

1. Just Xbox One (original, not X or S)
    2. Original Xbox One controller (M1106909-004)
    3. Only AC Valhalla, no other game
    4. Only when playing. In fact the initial load is okay until a cutscene, fast travel, or some other load screen comes on. Sometimes the initial load screen it connects/reconnects too, but it is okay until another load screen comes on, which usually isn’t long. That renders the game unplayable.
    5. No other profile

One last thing, I bought a new controller because older one is starting to go. The older one, which is also an original Xbox one controller (X913424-003), has no issues with AC Valhalla.

Any idea when this will be addressed? Next patch which could be when? A ton of players are having this controller issue so I would hope it is a priority.

• BobDDstryr
    1 posts

Figured I'd chime in with some more information I hadn't seen mentioned. I haven't played Valhalla yet - but I have been running into this issue with two other Ubisoft games - Immortals: Fenix Uprising, and the Ezio Trilogy: Assins Creed Revelations.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant?

I'm playing on an original day one xbox one.

I'm using the new Shock Blue controller from Microsoft designed for the xbox series x

I haven't played Valhalla yet, but as mentioned above am seeing it in Fenix Uprising and Ezio Trilogy AC: Revelation (havent tried other ezio trilogy games)

I've only seen this while playing

No; my profile is the only profile on my xbox

• topsooner
    1 posts

I’m having the exact same issue: The series x black controller, on an original day one Xbox One.
    It only happens after I’ve started loading into the game at seemingly random times, sometimes as it’s loading and I have to restart immediately, and sometimes it’s just during cutscenes and seems to work fine during gameplay(mostly)- that is, until the patch I just downloaded today. Currently I can’t even get through a raid without it disconnecting every few seconds. This game is getting more and more unplayable by the day!

• Balto22
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Balto22
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have an original xbox one, broke an old controller, decided to buy a new controller that was compatible with the new xbox series X I will eventually buy, and immediately upon playing Valhalla it constantly disconnects every few seconds.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? Original Xbox one.
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller. New Robot White controller that I believe was released for the xbox series X/S.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? Yes, all other games/apps (Netflix etc) work fine.
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing? Only when playing, no problems in a menu, no problems if I go to the map screen.
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile? Yes, and the same issue is occurring on that profile as well.

Thank you for your help with this.

• sradiraju
    1 posts

@richardt7

I have the same issue and its quite annoying and I really love the game and unable to play. Its got to be a hotfix from microsoft and ubi as its happening with other games as well. 😞

• ccekim71
    1 posts

@ubi-raziel Thanks for trying to help. Here are my answers :

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? Original Xbox One

• The new generation Microsoft Carbon Black controller

• This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? Yes

• Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing? Only during game play

• I do not have another profile.

Hope this helps get a solution soon.

• guest-iKP1U96o
    1 posts

Hello there, I just bought the new Valhalla game and it continues to disconnect on me. I was wondering if someone here had an easy fix or if ubisoft can respond back to me with details. looking at the date of these comments it took's like many people have had the same problem as me for a while. I hope ubisoft can fix this. I am disappointed with this so far as it seems to be an amazing game but is unplayable.

• diploidhelix
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer

Can you please provide an update to this issue. It is apparent from all over the internet in various forums this is affecting probably more than Ubi realizes or would like to admit. The latest patch (1.1.0) seemed to address it initially. At least that was my experience. Then as soon as I went back to settlement with the new Yule it started connecting and disconnecting again. I was playing a good 3-4 hours elsewhere and had no issue. I thought Ubi addressed it in latest patch until I loaded Yule festival and now it won’t stop.

• ThreeOx33546681
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

Hi, thank you for helping with this! We got this game for Christmas and have had the same issue while
    trying to play with a new controller (old
    one was drifting so we don’t want to use it unless we have to).

• Playing on an Original Xbox One
    • Using an Xbox series x|s carbon black controller
    • Yes
    • Both in main menu and when playing, particularly when cut scenes are playing
    • Yes and yes again

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics