Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@richardt7 Right, I have a wired controller I can use in the meantime, but what's the solution here? And why us?

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@semperfi2894
    I'm having this problem on Xbox One. Can't use my Wireless controller to play Valhalla but it's fine for the rest of my games.

• COZ201667
    1 posts

Same. Returning the game. Lots of glitches!!!! Last two were great. This one, not so much.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello everyone!

Let's try to put our brains together, to understand why you're facing this issue.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant?
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

Quite a lot of questions but this should help us find a solution for you.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • RhysTheBold
    1 posts

Hello, i have the new xbox controller playing on an xbox one. The controller works fine on all other games but on AC Valhalla it just constantly disconnects and reconnects, obviously making the game impossible to play! I have seen several other people having this issue but it doesnt seem to have been recognised by Ubisoft from what i can see.
    Can you help?

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@ubi-raziel It's an Xbox One system with an Xbox One controller from Microsoft. It only doesn't work when playing Assassin's Creed. It occurs anytime I try to play your broke-[censored] game. And I'm offended you're pretending the problem is the Xbox profile I'm using. If the employees of Ubisoft think it's cute, helpful or endearing to act dumb as [censored] when they contact customers they're wrong. I've been waiting a [censored] week for this bull [censored] to be addressed and fixed, but all I get is a mouth-breathing intern asking me if I did my due-diligence.

• Sharazar74
    1 posts

@hulikrayse Same issue with the Robot White controller. I tested on 3 different AC games and couple no ubi soft games not issues until i try to use it for Valhalla.
    Then disconnect reconnect about every 1-2 sec.
    Tried resyncing, restart console no luck

• SearPeach
    1 posts

@ubi-raziel

These details are available at Shock Blue Xbox Series X Controller disconnecting during gameplay | Ubisoft Forums.

But to recap, I'm playing on an Xbox One and it is the new Xbox One controllers with the "share button" that seem to have the issue. It also only occurs during Valhalla as far as I can tell as I tested it on Odyssey for an hour with no issues.

It is only when playing or in the loading menu that it disconnects then reconnects. It is an issue that occurs on both of my profiles. A supposed "quick fix" is if it is attached via the USB connection but A) sort of defeats the purpose of having a wireless controller and B) is a USB C connection, so most people don't have one lying around.

I know you don't actually care, but now, rather than spending money during the Black Friday sale with YOU, I have to buy a new cord to play the game I already purchased. It wasn't address or taken seriously in the 11/26 patch, despite it being verified to be in your ticket system for SIXTEEN DAYS so far!

But at least now dogs don't glitch when you pet them! ... priorities?

• annsarah1234
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • tiedde
    2 posts

I have the exact same problem with the disconnection only on AC Valhalla.
    I restarted it tonight and there was an update to the game. It worked fine. FOR TWENTY MINUTES!!!
    Please fix this!

• DarkLordDashie
    1 posts

I have the same exact issue on my end, Shock Blue Xbox Series X controller as well. Very annoying to say the least.

• guest-fZbUfZSJ
    1 posts

I recently just got a new controller the robot white one and ever since getting that controller it consistently loses the connection keeps saying to reconnect controller and this only happens to the Valhalla game and I’m able to play any other game and not have any kind of issues and only happens with assassin’s creed Valhalla but I am able to use my old controller and it works completely fine

• guest-po5313qH
    3 posts

I am having the exact same issue with my Shock Blue Xbox controller which I also bought to replace my prior controller which worked fine except it drifted in Valhalla. Both controllers work great aside from in Valhalla. I hope they fix it soon.

• guest-po5313qH
    3 posts

I am having the exact same issue. Had a drift on my Xbox one controller (only in Valhalla) then bought a shock blue xbox series x controller (which keeps disconnecting. Only in Valhalla). I hope they fix this soon

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hello everyone,

I have performed a thread merge between two threads, and am now treating this as a megathread for issues with the Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S controllers disconnecting while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox One consoles. If you are a PC player using an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller, you should head over to this twin thread as that is now for disconnection issues specifically on PC with these controllers.

My colleague Ubi-Raziel previously posted a set of questions which you can find pasted below, and it would be helpful if you could all answer these questions in this format so we can pass all of this to the developers for their review and investigation. Issues with the controllers disconnecting are already on their radar however they require some additional details to fully understand what is happening. A video of the issue occurring would also be massively appreciated. Here are the questions again:

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer these questions and / or submit a video to us. In the meantime while our investigation is ongoing, a known workaround is to use the controllers wired using a Micro USB or USB-C cable as appropriate for the type of controller you have and are using.

@RhysTheBold Just to make sure we have the right information, is the "new xbox controller" you refer to the new generation of wireless controller released with the Series X and S? Can you also please clarify the exact model of Xbox One you're playing on - is it the original, the S, or the X? Finally, if you could confirm whether you were able to test on another Xbox profile, and provide a video showing the issue, that would be greatly appreciated so that we can pass this to the developers for review.

@illMac99 Upfront, I'd like to ask that you bear in mind our forum rules and adjust your tone and language accordingly. Support staff such as myself and my colleague Ubi-Raziel are here to help, and while the questions posted above may seem inconsequential to you, the answers are actually incredibly important for the developers to understand! 🙂 I'm seeing several reports of issues with Xbox controllers disconnecting, however there are multiple configurations and scenarios at hand; some players are using the new generation controller on an Xbox One, some are using the traditional Xbox One controller on Xbox One, and some are using the Xbox One controller on PC - so it's important that we establish the facts, the exact scenario, and what the issue could be caused by. This is why you were also asked if it would be possible to test an alternative profile. It would be appreciated if you could answer the remaining questions and also, if possible, provide a video showing that the controller disconnects without cause.

@SearPeach Thank you for answering my colleague's questions. If possible, can you also please confirm if you tried another profile, and provide a video of the issue?

Official Response
  • guest-55b9H22U
    1 posts

Why does my xbox 1 controller keep disconnecting and reconnecting all the time, the game play is awful. I have spent my hard worked money on this game for it to be appalling sort this immediately!

• papboy2014
    4 posts

Hey there! Hope this helps from my experience:

Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)
    Xbox one

Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    Xbox shock blue controller

This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    just gameplay

Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

• illMac99
    Original poster 43 posts

@ubi-woofer I love that you think policing tone and attitude is the most important job you do on this forum. Not, you know, offering support.

But since you're pretending to care for the time being: I am using an Xbox One and the the controller in question is the Xbox One Robot Core controller. It only functions if you use a USB-C cable to connect it directly to the system. I have changed batteries, purchased different controllers in this same model, changed the power set up for my Xbox. None of these steps mattered because the obvious and inescapable truth is that this game doesn't work with this controller.

Also, if you would like to understand my tone instead of discounting it, please allow me to explain. For the weeks that this game has been out I've bought 4 different controllers and had to return 3 of them. I've dealt with Microsoft customer support which takes hours of effort, multiple days a week to accomplish anything... all to accomplish absolutely nothing in the end! I have tried and failed to get customer support from your company literally since the day the game was released. Even now, I have an open ticket in which Ubisoft representatives refuse to acknowledge that I have a legitimate issue. They've instead passed it off to another team which apparently doesn't need to contact customers at all.

If Ubisoft didn't treat customers like infants and actually took the time to read their tickets it would be a lot easier to do the job of customer support. I suspect your job prioritizes avoiding guilt and downplaying or outright confusing legitimate issues based on technicalities and doublespeak, which is why we players must offer each other support.

• HolierThanAll
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer hello, I am having the same issue. I have copied and will paste your questions below so I can answer those to the best of my knowledge. But first I am going to tell a bit about the situation.

I recently purchased two of these, one white, the other shock blue (I think that is what it was called) from Walmart on Cyber Monday. 20 bucks off each, and as you are well aware, xbox controllers are notorious for controller drift. It was near time to replace ours, so why not, right? We have literally probably 10 controllers between the two xboxes that are all sitting useless because of controller drift. But I keep them for spare parts in case a bumper or something breaks. Lol.

Anyway, my wife booted up Roblox, as she was playing with our kid. It worked fine. But when she started her Valhalla game, it was immediately plagued by the disconnect issue spoken here. After like 3 times of trying to pair, it worked. But she immediately noticed that none of the bumpers or triggers were registering, as well as the dash button. She pressed all the buttons, and only one seemed to work as intended was the b button to crouch. But nothing was close by to try to pick up with Y, so we don't know if it was not working or not either. Then it started disconnecting again.

So we were like, "we got a bad controller. Let's try the other one." Same thing. Both of these were brand new out of the box from Walmart, in store pickup. So no third party seller that could have tampered with, or sold us broken used ones. After seeing this thread, it is apparent that this is an issue with your game's compatibility. Please work on a fix soon, as using these wired just defeats the purpose. Luckily we both are 80+ hours into the game, so hopefully we won't come across another game that has this flaw.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)...................,...........................................I am using the original xbox one.
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite).....................,...........................................the new model 1914 xbox one controller.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?....................,... ......................... Yes
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing ...................,.....................I'm not sure. Definitely while playing. But I didnt really try to pay attention to the in game menu as I was quite upset about this issue.
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile? ..,,..,......... ............. ............ ................. .......Yes, it happened on our other profile as well.

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

Can confirm this has happened a few times. Series X elite 2 controller.

Suggested Topics