Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Balto22
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have an original xbox one, broke an old controller, decided to buy a new controller that was compatible with the new xbox series X I will eventually buy, and immediately upon playing Valhalla it constantly disconnects every few seconds.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? Original Xbox one.
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller. New Robot White controller that I believe was released for the xbox series X/S.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? Yes, all other games/apps (Netflix etc) work fine.
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing? Only when playing, no problems in a menu, no problems if I go to the map screen.
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile? Yes, and the same issue is occurring on that profile as well.

Thank you for your help with this.

• sradiraju
    1 posts

@richardt7

I have the same issue and its quite annoying and I really love the game and unable to play. Its got to be a hotfix from microsoft and ubi as its happening with other games as well. 😞

• ccekim71
    1 posts

@ubi-raziel Thanks for trying to help. Here are my answers :

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? Original Xbox One

• Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • The new generation Microsoft Carbon Black controller

• This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? Yes

• Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing? Only during game play

• Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?
    • I do not have another profile.

Hope this helps get a solution soon.

• guest-iKP1U96o
    1 posts

Hello there, I just bought the new Valhalla game and it continues to disconnect on me. I was wondering if someone here had an easy fix or if ubisoft can respond back to me with details. looking at the date of these comments it took's like many people have had the same problem as me for a while. I hope ubisoft can fix this. I am disappointed with this so far as it seems to be an amazing game but is unplayable.

• diploidhelix
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer

Can you please provide an update to this issue. It is apparent from all over the internet in various forums this is affecting probably more than Ubi realizes or would like to admit. The latest patch (1.1.0) seemed to address it initially. At least that was my experience. Then as soon as I went back to settlement with the new Yule it started connecting and disconnecting again. I was playing a good 3-4 hours elsewhere and had no issue. I thought Ubi addressed it in latest patch until I loaded Yule festival and now it won’t stop.

• ThreeOx33546681
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

Hi, thank you for helping with this! We got this game for Christmas and have had the same issue while
    trying to play with a new controller (old
    one was drifting so we don’t want to use it unless we have to).

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)
    • Playing on an Original Xbox One
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • Using an Xbox series x|s carbon black controller
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    • Yes
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    • Both in main menu and when playing, particularly when cut scenes are playing
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?
    • Yes and yes again

• HawkeyeFan007
    1 posts

Guys, earlier today I started a chat with Ubi support and apparently the Series X controller is not “officially supported” on Xbox One to play Valhalla.

The support guy sent me this link and said there was nothing they could do to fix it https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Article/000080338/Supported-peripherals-for-Assassins-Creed-Valhalla?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

He said that other controllers “may work, however they are not officially supported and may require third party software to work”

”Once again I apologize for misinforming you - there's nothing we can do to help in this situation unfortunately” - he sent me this, so basically support isn’t helping us the way we need smh.

• MuteUnicorn
    1 posts

Ok, so this is a major issue now. Brand new robot white controller, Xbox one, AC V and together should be amazing. It's not. It's a joke.
    Come on Ubi, you're better than this.

Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Xbox one)
    Are you using an original Xbox One controller, (brand new genuine robot white Xbox controller).
    This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? (Yes, only AC V. all other games and apps are unaffected)
    Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?(As soon as game loads)
    Do you have another Xbox profile? (No, only one profile)

• SniperWorm_xbox
    2 posts

@HawkeyeFan007 - following the link the Series X controller is supported.

Below is a list of officially supported peripherals for each platform:

PC
    Keyboard and mouse.

Xbox One
    Xbox One Controller.

Xbox Series X|S
    Xbox One Controller.
    Xbox Series X|S Controller.

PlayStation 4
    Dualshock 4 Controller.

PlayStation 5
    DualSense Controller.

• diploidhelix
    15 posts

@sniperworm_xbox

Thanks so much for this info. Why they couldn't just announce that on this forum. It would have saved a lot of time.

So, Xbox Controller X not supported on Xbox One. Ridiculous.

• jadeus1
    1 posts

@ubi-raziel

I have an Xbox One and my boyfriend has an Xbox Series X. We collectively have 1 brand new Xbox Series X Blue Shock controller, a Xbox Series X black controller and an Xbox One Halo edition controller.

We tried all three controllers on both Xboxs:
    The Xbox one controller worked perfectly for all tests.
    The blue shock controller did not work on my account for AC Valhalla on the Xbox One, but worked on my account for the Xbox Series X, and worked on my boyfriends account for both the Series X and Xbox One.
    The Xbox Series X black controller worked exactly the same as the blue, did not work on my account for AC Valhalla on the Xbox One but worked everywhere else.

All controllers work perfectly for all other games, including Call of Duty, Skyrim and Ghost Recon.
    When constantly disconnecting it makes the game completely unplayable, and considering Valhalla is the game I play the most, my expensive controller has pretty much been rendered useless. Hope this helps in fixing the issue 🙂 Thank you

• emac2468
    1 posts

So, from what I'm gathering here, Ubisoft have put their hands up and said "We recognise there is a problem, however, it isn't our problem. Therefore, we won't be doing anything about it. Peace oot!"

Sound about right?

For the record, new carbon black controller, original Xbox one, only happens during AC Valhalla and only during gameplay, and I only have the one profile on my Xbox.

Game plays fine if I'm doing it through my phone. Just an issue with the Xbox.

• guest-d6Y4CxaP
    1 posts

To anyone who might find this post.

Apparently, Microsoft has addressed the issue and is supposedly preparing an update for the firmware’s controller. Unfortunately, they did not announce a date yet.

I tried to use an USB cable, but -at least for my experience- this does not work neither. With the cable the controller no longer disconnects, but not all the functions of the controller are available during gameplay; in my case, I couldn’t use the crow to see the location and it also created some rendering issues (Cyberpunk style). Definitely something is happening between the firmware and the structure of the gameplay.

And, this might be off topic, but the update with the Yule’s festivities is kinda broken. There’s not issue in the gameplay but after I dwell in the drunk competition, my character is always dizzy when I start a checkpoint. Obviously, this only last 5 minutes or so, but it is annoying when you’re in a mission.

• MrFrighten
    1 posts

This game is a total disaster. If you have a new xbox controller and an xbox one, it's unplayable when there's any significant number of npcs in the area. Constant controller disconnects, no way of stopping them. The fact that it only happens with this game plays the blame squarely at the feet of Ubisoft, and the fact they haven't done anything to sort such a widespread issue is a total joke.

Just as well Steampunk is out to take all the press for bad game design, eh. Get it fixed!

• Asunder31
    1 posts

How is this not fixed yet? This game is damn near unplayable! Imagine, a viking game where you can't fight. I will not be playing this until it is fixed, and that should have happened two months ago. Hard to believe this game was tested before being released, almost as bad as cyberpunk.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts
  • PaperbackMussel
    3 posts

The controller random disconnect and the only way to reconnect it is to shut down totally the console (I play on Series X, i know there is also a system bug related to this, but it happens only when I play AC Valhalla)

• PaperbackMussel
    3 posts

Hi, I see that sometimes controller randomly disconnect and the only way to make it reconnect again is to totally shut down the console (I play on Series X as the topic says, and I know there is also a system bug that make the controller disconnect but it happens to me only when I play AC Valhalla).

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@paperbackmussel I've experienced this once myself. The Xbox controller light just blinks as though it's trying to connect to the console. I know range is not an issue as I'm only about 8 feet away from the console.

• benzy4792
    30 posts

@paperbackmussel happened on my series S today as well. Hard reset is the only thing that worked

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics