Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-d6Y4CxaP
    1 posts

To anyone who might find this post.

Apparently, Microsoft has addressed the issue and is supposedly preparing an update for the firmware’s controller. Unfortunately, they did not announce a date yet.

I tried to use an USB cable, but -at least for my experience- this does not work neither. With the cable the controller no longer disconnects, but not all the functions of the controller are available during gameplay; in my case, I couldn’t use the crow to see the location and it also created some rendering issues (Cyberpunk style). Definitely something is happening between the firmware and the structure of the gameplay.

And, this might be off topic, but the update with the Yule’s festivities is kinda broken. There’s not issue in the gameplay but after I dwell in the drunk competition, my character is always dizzy when I start a checkpoint. Obviously, this only last 5 minutes or so, but it is annoying when you’re in a mission.

• MrFrighten
    1 posts

This game is a total disaster. If you have a new xbox controller and an xbox one, it's unplayable when there's any significant number of npcs in the area. Constant controller disconnects, no way of stopping them. The fact that it only happens with this game plays the blame squarely at the feet of Ubisoft, and the fact they haven't done anything to sort such a widespread issue is a total joke.

Just as well Steampunk is out to take all the press for bad game design, eh. Get it fixed!

• Asunder31
    1 posts

How is this not fixed yet? This game is damn near unplayable! Imagine, a viking game where you can't fight. I will not be playing this until it is fixed, and that should have happened two months ago. Hard to believe this game was tested before being released, almost as bad as cyberpunk.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts
  • PaperbackMussel
    3 posts

The controller random disconnect and the only way to reconnect it is to shut down totally the console (I play on Series X, i know there is also a system bug related to this, but it happens only when I play AC Valhalla)

• PaperbackMussel
    3 posts

Hi, I see that sometimes controller randomly disconnect and the only way to make it reconnect again is to totally shut down the console (I play on Series X as the topic says, and I know there is also a system bug that make the controller disconnect but it happens to me only when I play AC Valhalla).

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@paperbackmussel I've experienced this once myself. The Xbox controller light just blinks as though it's trying to connect to the console. I know range is not an issue as I'm only about 8 feet away from the console.

• benzy4792
    30 posts

@paperbackmussel happened on my series S today as well. Hard reset is the only thing that worked

• Kyle461
    1 posts
    Ok, so this is a major issue now. Brand new robot white controller, Xbox one, AC V and together should be amazing. It's not. It's a joke.
    Come on Ubi, you're better than this.

Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Xbox one)
    Are you using an original Xbox One controller, (brand new genuine robot white Xbox controller).
    This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla? (Yes, only AC V. all other games and apps are unaffected)
    Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?(As soon as game loads)
    Do you have another Xbox profile? (No, only one profile)

Ditto on this with the Xbox robot white controller

• benzy4792
    30 posts

Experiencing this very often since 1.1.1 on my xbox series S

• benzy4792
    30 posts

Since last patch experiencing this very often. Only work around is a hard console reset. As in pull the plug wait a minute restart.

• carigun
    2 posts
    Hello everyone!

Let's try to put our brains together, to understand why you're facing this issue.

• Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant? (Please specify the exact Xbox One model you are using)
    • Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    • This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    • Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

Quite a lot of questions but this should help us find a solution for you.

Thanks!

I have the same issue.
    2013/14 Xbox One, using a new controller brought about 2-3 weeks ago (previous one two broken buttons).
    out of the games played since new controller this is the only one with the issue. WD Leigon, FH4, SW Jedi Fallen Order and BL3 are fine (I know only one of those is to do with Ubisoft).
    It occurs during game play which makes combat relatively difficult.
    I only have one xbox account.

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@PaperbackMussel @TheeElf Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this problem when playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and I apologize for the annoyance it may have caused. For full clarification, can both of you please confirm the exact controller you are using? Also, if you're using the controller wirelessly, do you experience similar problems when using it wired? Thanks!

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    262 posts

@ubikoality Using the Xbox Series X controller that came with the system. Using it wirelessly and I don't play wired just because of the inconvenience with the controller attached. I would be only a couple feet away from the TV and it would be hard to verify if the issue exists. I've only had it happen twice now though in the hundreds of hours played on AC. It is more than likely system-related rather than game-related though.

• beatdownXnoki
    2 posts

So I recently started playing AC: Valhalla on my Series X. I transferred my old PS4 save via Ubisoft cloud and resumed playing after receiving update 1.1.1.

Sometimes - and so far only while I'm in the menu - the controller just disconnects. It'll just turn off and give me the "please reconnect your controller" pop-up.

The problem is that the controller won't just reconnect. I usually had to remove the batteries for the controller and console to resync.
    The last time it happened - I just took a break of 5 minutes because I had to take a phone call - not even that worked. Neither did a cable connection or (obviously) the pairing buttons. I actually had to power cycle the console, forcing a reset via the power button to resync the controller.

It ONLY happens while playing Valhalla and in the 15 or so hours I've been playing on Series X has happened 4 or 5 times to me. In the dozens of hours of playing other games this issue didn't come up even once.

This is an absolute travesty and needs to be fixed immediately.

• bamboozled04
    1 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I'm having the same issue while using a Microsoft xbox one carbon black controller Model#: 1914 S/N: 09712501405028.

Q:Are you all playing on Xbox One, or a different Xbox variant?
    A: Xbox one

Q:Are you using an original Xbox One controller, or an alternative? Examples include third party controller, or an Xbox One Elite controller.
    A: Microsoft Xbox one carbon black.

Q: This this issue only seem to occur in AC Valhalla?
    A: Yes, however, I'm not currently play other ubisoft games

Q: Does this issue occur in the main menu, or only when playing?
    A: Have not had it disconnect yet while in the menus of the game.

Q: Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?
    A: No other profiles. 

• carigun
    2 posts

Just in case a video may help with finding a solution. FYI my gamer tag is TinyCJ95

• uKMrBlondeuK
    3 posts

For me the controller disconnects from the console if I'm not pressing anything for about 30-60 seconds. So to prevent it I have to keep pressing buttons during cutscenes or if I need a quick break, I have to go back to the Xbox homepage. When it happens the only fix is to unplug my Xbox, and remove the controller batteries, it will then connect again.

I had this issue all the way through Valhalla and am posting this now because the same thing has just happened while playing the immortals - Fenyx rising demo, another Ubisoft game.
    I'm playing on Xbox series X with the standard series X controller and haven't had this issue with any other games.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 664 posts

@beatdownxnoki Hello and thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this issue! I am very sorry for my delay and for any trouble that these controller disconnections have caused. This is currently under investigation, and we have a Megathread about this as well. I have a couple of questions that we have asked other players on that thread, if you would not mind providing your answers (unless you have provided them on that Megathread already). Then I will forward up your information to the Game team to be included with the investigation.

• Are you using the standard Xbox Series X controller?
    • You mentioned it only happens in the main menu. Has this ever occurred during gameplay?
    • Do you have another Xbox profile? If so, does the same issue occur for that profile?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics