Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved “Must be barred from the other side” A.K.A. The open world of Valhalla is committed to wasting your time.

9 Likes/34 Replies/581 Views
    JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 You see, I am far from a fan boy. I will admit the game has issues, but I don't need a twenty paragraph post to say so. When someone posts a long post, as the OP is apt to do quite often, it is generally to whine about what they don't like about the game. OP did the exact same thing in the Odyssey forums.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 180 posts

@jcar4327 Um, I loved Odyssey. You'll find far more posts from me defending that game than criticising it.

• AnimusLover

@souldrinkerlp The issue with puzzles has nothing to do with difficulty but with how excessive and lazy they are. Theyre not even difficult. The animus anomalies is how to do puzzles right. I'm also playing Immortals Fenix Rising right now (I swore I wouldn't but fan feeback was good). The puzzles in it are very good.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@animuslover Still a difficulty slider for puzzles would solve this problem for most people. If you are able to remove the puzzles if you want to.
    As I liked them. I won't buy any games from Ubisoft Quebec 😄

• AnimusLover

@souldrinkerlp A difficulty slider is not going to change the fact that the "barred from the other side" puzzles are lame and excessive.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@animuslover I like them so your statement is not objective. It's subjective. A slider will change this greatly as you can play as you want and I can play as I want. Having 0 puzzles like Odyssey is lame and excessive for me as the best way to free the map of markers is to just run into camp, loot the 2 chests, burn 3 crates with fire arrows and run away as the AI has no chance of countering this. You don't have to fight a single NPC to clear the map of Odyssey and you can do so without even being hit once. It's way harder to pull off in Valhalla.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@animuslover It's not about defending or criticizing the game; it's about the whinging. By all means criticize the game as it deserves some criticism, but keep it objective. Probably 75% of your post is full of subjective whinging about how the game isn't what you want. Developers don't make games for a select audience, they make games for a wide ranging audience. The changes they made to Odyssey were to satisfy the fans that they knew would stick around for the long haul, the mostly hardcore fans. Those changes were made after the majority of other players had beaten the game and moved on.

Secondly, you discuss more than five different topics in a roughly 18 - 20 paragraph post, a wall of text that most people look at and say, "I'm not reading all that." Break it up. Keep it on point. Criticize, but keep in mind you, as your earlier post complained about, are now the vocal minority.

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@animuslover I meant to mention that if you go into options AFTER you load into the game there is an option under the "Exploration" category that lets you turn off the nearest opportunity; it eliminates a lot of stuff from your compass, but you will still see objectives that are within 300 meters of your character.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

@jcar4327
    The last I heard Ubisoft wants peoples thoughts and feelings about their experiences playing Valhalla, That is precisely the entire idea of this forum,They want to know what people like and dislike about the game so they can improve future games more in line with what people want.It's not Animus who has this backwards it's you, being objective applies to being a referee,or companies who rate games,or announcers yes they should be objective, but in a forum where people are asked to put down things they like and dislike about a game we're expected to be subjective.Just because you think his posts are too long doesn't make him a whiner especially since he's right by your own admission.
    personally I've always found Animus to be concise, accurate and descriptive when he writes his thoughts on a topic,and isn't that what you'd want him to be.The fact that you reduce everything he says to mere whining shows me you don't have a lot of respect for people or what this forum was intended for, or for Ubisoft since this is precisely why they made the forum.Ask the Ubisoft representatives in the forum if you don't believe me.And for your information read back some of Animus' posts in Odyssey, he was always fair about his opinions and gave credit when it was due What use would forums be to Ubisoft or anyone if we were all just robotic about our responses.They could extract the same programmable uselessness from objective opinions with a yes/no questionnaire.
    I don't know jcar I guess in your case the best thing to do the next time you come across a long post would be to skip it altogether to spare yourself the long thought process, and maybe learn the difference between people who are truly trying to help the games future,and those who truly are whining!

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 Or perhaps you should learn to stay out of things that you clearly do not understand what's going on. But I can see from your history that you are not that type of individual because you most often turn to insults when people disagree with you. I am sure Animus understood the point I was making, but you clearly didn't.

• MetroGlobal
    5 posts

@animuslover This is my preferred way to play as well. But in Valhalla, it's suboptimal. I am way, waaaayyyy overpowered at this point. By the time I left Norway, I completely cleared the map and was over level 50. But the first region in England is only 20. I've done 4 of the regions' campaigns so far, while also clearing their maps. I'm at level 300, but the next region is level 160. Yikes!

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

Does that mean you're ordering me not to comment on anything in this forum.....well yes sir I'll get right on that,you just tell me what I'm allowed to comment on and not make comments to. And I'll be sure to check-in from time to time with you to make sure I understand exactly what you're saying,providing it's ok with you that I place a comment ! Oh and please Jcar do be sure to let me know if I'm saying anything to offend anybody or if it sounds insulting I wouldn't want to get you mad at me again.By the way is it ok with you if I place this comment if not just leave a note and I'll be sure to delete it.Gosh I think I've said too much,do you want me to shorten this?

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@duskdragon56496 Thank you for making my point.

• DuskDragon56496
    382 posts

What point isn't that exactly what you just told me? Boy no pleasing you at all is there?

Suggested Topics