Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • webjunk1e
    1 posts

@gonsaaa I just ran into this. People have hijacked the thread talking about all kinds of other issues, but this is a straight up Ubisoft Connect issue. I have no problems playing games with my Series X controller from Epic, Steam, etc., but in Ubisoft Connect, constant disconnects.

• alex04634
    2 posts

@gonsaaa I'm having the exact same issue on both ac odyssey and valhalla. Game is pretty much unplayable and it keeps getting more frequent. Now it's happening during game play and not just the menu and skill tree.

• palniok
    3 posts

I have the same issue. I even bought 3rd party bluetooth 5.0 receiver (I thought maybe it's the motherboard's implementation issue), but it still disconnects. AC: Valhalla is the ONLY game it happens and my symptoms are 100% identical to yours.

I would add that it started to disconnect during cut-scenes... like right before a fight with [ xxx ] after conquering Cent.

• palniok
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer , in addition to above, answers to your questions below:

• Which model of controller are you using? Is it an Xbox One controller or an Xbox Series X|S controller?

Xbox Series X controller

• What are the specs of your PC in brief? (CPU, GPU, RAM)

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070, MSI X570 Unify, ASUS USB-BT500 receiver, Windows 10, latest versions of OS and drivers

• Is your control input method set to exclusively controller, or hybrid?

Hybrid, I can switch between K/M and gamepad.

• Do you have any other bluetooth devices or input devices connected at the same time while playing? Have you tested with these disconnected?

No. Only the gamepad.

• If connecting the controller(s) to your PC with a wire, do the issues persist, or are they resolved?

It works like a charm with a wire, but it's very unconvenient for me and I don't want to use the wire.

• Prometheus-CO
    2 posts

This issue was fixed for a bit last week but on Tuesday 3/23/21 it started acting up again. I have tried xbox one x, series X and Elite series 2 controllers and still the same issue. I have opened a ticket with support and they directed me here and told me that the developer team is aware of the issue and there is nothing they can do.

• palniok
    3 posts

Looks like the latest patch to Ubisoft Connect fixed it for the most part. I had only one disconnect in one of the menus. Before that the gamepad disconnected while going into the skill tree - it does not happen now.

• abostaca
    1 posts

Xbox One controler on PC keeps disconnecting, same issue, ONLY in Valhalla game. I just bought to play this game with a controler. Maybe i should have read this before. Trash, been charged twice from the card as well. delete account.

• zaryuta
    1 posts

Mine xbox one and series 2 controllers keeps disconnecting too on Windows 10, only in Valhalla, no other games affected.

• Aajaxx
    1 posts

The X, Y, A, and B buttons will stop working with 2 different XBox Controllers either by BlueTooth or Wired when running River Raids. All the other buttons seem to work, but X, Y, A, & B are by far the most important. This can happen 30 to 60 minutes into the raid.

I have a little different problem with my XBox Controllers used on my PC. Both controllers when used on River Raids in AC Valhalla will surprise me during battles with the X, Y, A, B buttons not functioning. All other buttons work, I can run, watch my allies die around me, but I can't administer aid, I can't defend myself, or attack and the very worst is I can't get away and save my progress in the raid.

After starting three failed raids last night, Jomsvinkings will shy away from joining me, my current ones will mutiny. Worst yet, I can't raise an arm to defend myself.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1426 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports and experiences regarding your Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla on PC. The development team are still investigating this issue further. I've added the reports that have been shared here to the ongoing investigation so the development team can take a closer look at these.

If you haven't already, please can you try these basic PC troubleshooting steps and ensure that your controller drivers are fully up-to-date. This will help to establish that there are no other background causes to the issue (such as conflicting software).

If you are having trouble with connecting your controller to the game, please can you provide us with all of the following information in the following format:

• What's the exact model of the controller you are using?
    • Does the issue only occur on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, or on other games as well?
    • Does the controller only disconnect while in-game or also in the menus?
    • Is your control input method set to exclusively controller, or hybrid?
    • Do you have any other bluetooth devices or input devices connected at the same time while playing? Have you tested with these disconnected?
    • If connecting the controller(s) to your PC with a wire, do the issues persist, or are they resolved?

@Husain-87 - If you're encountering trouble with your controller in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, we'd recommend posting in the dedicated forums for this game.

@abostaca - I'm sorry to hear you've been charged twice. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can investigate this further.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics