Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Scheckleberg
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TBlair64
    2 posts

@ubi-baron this happens to mine as well. xbox series x blue controller on xb1.

• dcGColts
    12 posts

Steam fix works good I did notice minor issue at times where response would be liked delayed on movement or character would stop running as if controller was disconnecting but it wasn't very rare occurrence though. If these company's are going to go epic exclusive they should really understand what makes steam so popular in the first place and adapter the same/similar features.

• mastafreak87
    2 posts

Just got my carbon black controller today and it's doing the same. The issue is also happening with a PS4 controller so the issue must be related to Ubisoft connect latest update. 😠

• DrowBacks
    1 posts

This is happening with my white Xbox Series X controller on PC, but my PS4 controller works fine. Disconnects every 15-30 seconds or so, but it isn't occuring with any other software.... Just want to invade Britain with my fancy new controller.....

• Scheckleberg
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Thank you for the added reports, we've been made aware of this occurring with other BlueTooth controllers, and so this has been passed on to the team to be looked into.

For the moment to avoid this, where possible, we would advise playing with the controller plugged in.

Official Response
  • bbandor
    3 posts

The same happens with my Xbox Series X controller when I try to use in wireless mode, it just disconnects-connects in 3-5 second intervals, it works perfectly in wired mode

• bbandor
    3 posts

@drowbacks Same thing happens to me too, if I connect it to my PC in wired mode, it works

• Hunterr12
    22 posts

So I am having an issue where using my series x controller on pc the game keeps randomly disconnecting the controller throughout gameplay. Using it via wire so no battery issues, and this is the only game it appears to happen with. I've also noticed that whenever it switches from the gamepad to keyboard the audio glitches out a bit. Like it gets louder when going to the keyboard and quieter when going back to the gamepad

• gonsaaa
    Original poster 4 posts

Glad I found this thread, I was going crazy with this new xbox series x controller.
    I received the new xbox series x controller today, updated the firmware to the latest 5.5.2641.0 and it disconnects only in AC: Valhalla. I play Control and it doesn't disconnect. It's so frustrating.
    This doesn't happen with the previous version of the controller (xbox one with the dongle)

• rainman99
    1 posts

I just experienced this problem. I restarted the game noticed it said "space to start" so I went in to the settings and changed hybrid to just Xbox controller and seems to be working fine for now.

• coleer
    1 posts

30 hours in game no issues. I downloaded the newest patch on PC and now my Xbox controller disconnects randomly. Also the sound drops out of my headset and goes to my speakers. Then everything reconnects. Happens about every 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Lance_Water.SF
    2 posts

same for me, my xbox one series X controller is connect using bluetooth. The controller firmware is up to date and my bluetooth driver is also up to date

I have the same problem when playing valhalla on PC using xbox one series X controller via intel Bluetooth integrated card. bluetooth driver 22.0.0.2 and my controller software on version 5.5.2641.0

• Lance_Water.SF
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Klaus-II
    1 posts

I somehow can't add the game to steam. How'd you guys do that?

• bbandor
    3 posts

I think it's the Ubisoft Connect app that needs to be updated

• H3llioN21
    1 posts

Hello,

In BT mode my controller doesn't work properly either with a TPLink dongle. All buttons are mapped to arrows so I can't even pass through the game launch screen on The Crew 2.
    All updates done (win 20H2 + intel BT drivers).

It's really sad even the window peripherical manager says 'Xbox One' controller no mention of 'Xbox X controller'.
    In my opinion there are 2 problems, the lack of proper support by Microsoft (look at battery stats in BT mode) and maybe an issue with Ubiconnect.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of these issues with your Xbox One / Series X|S controllers disconnecting while playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC. I have elected to form this megathread to try and keep reports of this nature in one place, and to help us to collect the information the developers need to get these issues properly investigated. There is a twin thread available for Xbox One / Series X|S controller disconnection issues on Xbox One if that would suit some of you better, so please be sure to post on the appropriate thread for the platform you are playing on from here on in!

In the first instance, please make sure that you have completed our PC troubleshooting and that the drivers for your controller(s) are fully up-to-date. If, when all this is done, you continue to see your controllers being disconnected, please answer my questions below and provide a short video demonstrating the issue:

• Which model of controller are you using? Is it an Xbox One controller or an Xbox Series X|S controller?
    • What are the specs of your PC in brief? (CPU, GPU, RAM)
    • Is your control input method set to exclusively controller, or hybrid?
    • Do you have any other bluetooth devices or input devices connected at the same time while playing? Have you tested with these disconnected?
    • If connecting the controller(s) to your PC with a wire, do the issues persist, or are they resolved?

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to get back to me with the requested information and videos, and please accept my apologies for these issues. 🙂

Official Response
  • AirborneMaikai
    4 posts

I found this thread by google searching "windows 10 xbox series x controller constantly disconnects". I would like to report here that I do not own or play AC Valhalla or even have ubiconnect installed on my pc. I was trying to play games using Steam and during game play the controller constantly disconnects via bluetooth. Same as everyone else, it works fine while plugged in via usb-c, I even updated the controller firmware as soon as it connected. I do not own a xbox series x and I have so far only tested the controller on my windows 10 pc using steam games. So i guess throw the related to AC Valhalla out the window, but hopefully with Ubi behind this issue MS will fix this problem

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics