Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Frosthound030
    Original poster 124 posts

Seriously to whoever made the zealot fights.....[censored] is your problem?

assasins creed vet, dark souls vet, and guess what, there’s no actual proper way to fight these guys other then cheap tactics, and cheesing them

Multiple combos that might be yellow with a follow up red attack but wait we may not even light up the attacks, just dodge their attack nope time for them to heal up, rush them, nope fast enough to get shield up again......maybe not every single one needs a shield they never drop?

How about we remove all zealot shields totally or make them breakable if they have one, give zealots different weapons, each time i see think oh great he’s gonna just block the entire fight...... fighting enemy’s that rarely drop guard and are already a sponge are not fun fights, oh and you didn’t fix their healing last patch, they still spam it like a toddler an kool aid, probably like the toddler who made zealot fights.

zealots shouldn’t even be healing!

and this is on hard, so don’t try the get good crap [removed]

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ai_ab
    4 posts

@frosthound030

I am playing on max difficulty.

It is quite easy to defeat any zealot without using any cheap tactics having a proper build to do it, i.e. having weapons and armour fully upgraded as well as right skills, runes, and abilities equipped.

E.g. I had no issues getting Excalibur (which requires killing level 220 Woden, level 250 Heike, who has a shield, and level 280 Hrothgar) being at level 85-93.

Slowing the time with brushing with death skill after the perfect dodge was the crucial skill for me to deal with zealots. It allowed me to hit zealots with shields at least 2 times after the perfect dodge.

Grit skill simplifies fight with zealot even further.

Dive of Valkyries is a perfect skill to interrupt healing.

I always keep 1-2 adrenaline segments either to interrupt healing or to replenish stamina.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@ai_ab Agree. I just got Excalibur and had no problem with the zealots.

Regardless of difficulty go in with a plan, have your adrenaline, and rations maxed before starting fight. Even with little bow skills they can be effective with a couple weak point hits. Or some may just need to get more powerful before taking on the challenge.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

LOL
    You folks you have now clue!

Creating a [censored]!°ng Wiking game and cheating the hell out of your char is stupid.
    OP is right, in so far in char gameplay is damaged by odd design.

Regards

edit

RPG

Not your stupid minmax Theories.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@ OP

+1 nt

• shaiwan43
    54 posts

Speaking for myself, (I play on Drengr), it's possible to defeat a Zealot even if they are much higher level than you; up to a certain point. If you are say level 100, you will struggle to take down a level 220 Zealot. But if you are only a little bit under-level, even on Drengr it is no problem.

The fight is very basic. You have to avoid their Red Power Attacks (by dodging away), and you have to parry their yellow and normal attacks.

Every time you parry, you can strike them at least once. If you do this repeatedly, eventually they will die. The difference in power level only determines how many mistakes you can make before dying. If the Zealot one-shots you, then you can't make any mistakes. If you can survive several hits (and heal up with rations), they are not very difficult.

Of course, if you want the fight to be easier, make sure you have the appropriate abilities, skills learned, armor, and weapon configuration for success. Obviously, certain weapons and armors combos and shields etc paired with correct skills and abilities make the fights much easier.

I personally prefer to fight them toe-to-toe, within melee range, using a heavy shield and hammer. I dodge when I have to, I block/parry when I have to, and I hammer them when I have openings. I like hammers because they stagger the enemy and also can knock-down the enemy more often than other weapons which gives me more opportunities to land additional attacks.

• Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

Lower the difficulty, why are you punishing yourself by playing on hard OP?

Anyway, I had issues when I first ran into a shield zealot, but I enjoyed the challenge of overcoming that difficulty and now they pose no threat at all. Most of them can be defeated by simply follwoing the formula the game provides, weaken them by hitting all weak spots, then utilise dodge/parry to wither them down. This is on max difficulty BTW.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@rhylass RPG does not mean play how you want. Despite what many think you still have to play by the rules set by the game YOU choose to play.

With that said I'm sure I could beat a zealot with any combo of weapons, gear, and skills. Took one on with duel shields, lol. I did have to run but almost got him. If it wasn't my fist time using duel shields I probably could of beat him.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

Kick of Tyr and Missile Reversal are your answer for the shield-wielding Zealots. Kick, Stomp, combo, disengage, throw back all their javelins and projectiles, repeat.

I almost lowered the difficulty while fighting Heike since that was the first shielded one I ran into, but once I figured out the rhythm and his counters it wasn't an issue. You're just not meant to be up in their face because they're protected. The skill that lets you vault over enemies during perilous attacks can be fairly useful against them too since it opens them to melee damage. I think I was around level 150 when I fought him and he's 250(?) I think? That was on Drengr/Very Hard difficulty also.

Kick of Tyr into Stomp over and over is an equally valid strategy too since it's almost an exploit. I'd suggest using dual hammers.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@ai_ab I'd recommend Kick of Tyr over Dive of Valkyries to interrupt the healing since it guarantees a Stomp opening. Dive seems like it just staggers them around without knocking them over a lot of the time.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

Psssht. Feels like these are all the Odyssey Ultrafans who loved Odysseys button mashing combat or totally OP bow which could kill mercenaries at the same level with 3-4 explosive arrow shots. :'>

Didn't you hear the combat is total garbage according to Odyssey fans? They should really go back to Odyssey. It was so great in every regard. /s

On a serious note: I love the combat as it rewards timing. They made the timings for parry and dodge a bit harder to hit I think which I prefer. As your skill and investement as a player is more appreciated by the combat system now. A bit more like Dark Souls actually but not as heavy on dodging. Dunno if shields work like Dark Souls, only had a light shield at first, tried it and instantly switched to dual wielding axes. I played with a fast combat style. Would love to have NG+ to try out a more heavy build.

• Flanker1Six
    164 posts

Dodge roll whack, whack. Repeat endlessly........................................................

Kicked his *** and took his ***! ☠

Nothing says gaming fun and challenge like Dodge roll whack, whack. 😎

Ubi Dev Team: But, it's an RPG and RPG's need mini Bosses and bosses like that................................its' the rules!

• Netspook
    307 posts
    Ubi Dev Team: But, it's an RPG and RPG's need mini Bosses and bosses like that................................its' the rules!

Since when was it a rule in RPGs to add bosses and minibosses that doesn't drop anything?

I must have missed that memo.

Suggested Topics