Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] Unable to progress with "The Demon Odour at the Tithe" as the NPC does not spawn | POST HERE

1 Likes/144 Replies/5345 Views
    Lost_Logic
    8 posts

Have an issue with this mystery as well. No NPC inside the warehouse. I'm on XBox Series X.

• jodeci112b
    1 posts

@chemical053 I have the same bug where the NPC is either not there or he won't follow once I clear the path. A workaround to fix the movable crate is to kill a random NPC outside, carry him/her to the crate and toss the corpse at the crate to move it back on the rail.

• blacksanta1101
    1 posts

Hello, I am playing the PS5 version and there is a bug in the Lundun mystery, "The Demon Odour" where I seemed to have cleared everything in the room before actually talking to the NPC that is supposed to escape out of the warehouse. I didn't know how to complete the mission so I came back later and now the man is nowhere to be found when I returned and it still says I need to complete the mystery. FYI my PSN is: "HurtWave".

Thank you.

• Fronzizzle
    4 posts

I have the same issue - the NPC never spawned so I can't complete this side quest. Like others, I've fast traveled, reloaded, tried day or night, etc. No luck.

• lpexican
    1 posts

I have a similar issue. I was able to get the guy to spawn by exiting the animus and going back into it. The issue is the guy not following when I clear the path I even used the dead body strat to push the objects back into the tracks.

• Fronzizzle
    4 posts

I completed the Lunden section, the NPC in the warehouse generated but then the movable crates were all hovering over the jars so I couldn't move either. I left, came back and the NPC is gone again.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Thank you for the images, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you all.

Can you please try leaving then re-entering the Animus, as Ipexican suggests?

Regarding the shelves being stuck and linked to that, the NPC not following, we don't have any workarounds at this time I'm afraid. You can try throwing a body onto the shelves to break the jars, however the NPC will still likely not follow.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we're still looking into this!

Official Response
  • Lysvander
    68 posts

@ubi-raziel

Leaving / re-entering the Animus does not fix this.

I have Lunden liberated, this is the only thing missing.
    Mystery quest icon is there, jars are to, but NPC is not.

Shelves always load with jars beneath them. Jars do not trigger throwing up when destroyed.
    I did try to throw a body at the shelve, and it moved into a correct manageable position, so for people who have the NPC that could work, alas, i don't even have that.

• Lysvander
    68 posts

ok, so last post still stands , taking a break from the animus does not work.

however, for me, i have this completed now.

little breakdown on the status i had.
    shelves on jars, no npc - he did spawn originally, but did not follow and ultimately disappeared after i left and only came back much later in the game.

i often checked at lunden to see if he (npc) spawned, but he never did.
    this time, i broke nearly all the jars, and placed this shelve to the left. partly closing it up again, i think it's the original state.
    i meditated outside, no npc spawned, i went back outside and saved.

upon loading there was an npc with an option to talk (text balloon) BEHIND the building, coming around the corner.
    have no picture of it, only after i talked to him.

he said something along the lines that he was saved at a cost, but world event "Demon Odour at the Tithe" completed.

undefined

undefined

undefined

• LedoveeeKladivo
    64 posts

I have same issue, no one inside to be saved 😕

Another great quest after "Man of Mystery". Stupid Tarbern still stay next to bakery so I cant follow him to bandit hideout.

I have PC version 1.1.0

Ufff . . . how many bugged quest will come?

• oli1988
    3 posts

I also have an issue with this quest... the NPC isn't spawning...

• larrykop1967
    66 posts

I had this issue when i first arrived in London, the npc wasn't there, i fast traveled out and when i came back, he was there thankfully.

• M9GUK
    3 posts

Same bug here aswell

• jsmcnally22
    2 posts

My problem is i think i completed it prior to finishing the Lunden arc. I finished the task, the guy is gone and the Mystery remains, officially, incomplete. I am NOT going back to a previous save as doing so would backtrack days and days of progress including main story, side quests, etc....

Ubisoft, please QA this stuff a bit more before releasing. There are WAY too many bugs in this game, some game breaking, some more of an annoyance (like the drunken state when you die). This game is easily rivaling Unity in that regard.

• jsmcnally22
    2 posts

My problem is i think i completed it prior to finishing the Lunden arc. I finished the task, the guy is gone and the Mystery remains, officially, incomplete. I am NOT going back to a previous save as doing so would backtrack days and days of progress including main story, side quests, etc....

Ubisoft, please QA this stuff a bit more before releasing. There are WAY too many bugs in this game, some game breaking, some more of an annoyance (like the drunken state when you die). This game is easily rivaling Unity in that regard.

• BBbulge
    3 posts

Hi,
    Can not complete the demon odour at the tithe mysterie, the oxenefordscire hoardmap stays in the inventory and there's no loot @ the location Eurvicscire Hoardmap.

• BBbulge
    3 posts

undefinedundefinedundefined the way is open but the one shelf is not in place

• iKangaWallaFox
    1 posts

@lysvander I tried your solution of moving the block back to its original position, saving and reloading and it worked! Absolute legend, thankyou.
    -for anyone wondering my situation was that I arrived at the location and there was no NPC but continued to move all the pots and blocks as you normally would. I went back, moved the block at the door, saved and reloaded and old mate was outside around the corner and up for a chat, completing the mystery.

• Lysvander
    68 posts

@ikangawallafox Good to hear 🙂

Does not always work for everyone, but no harm in giving it a try, until it gets properly fixed.

• LedoveeeKladivo
    64 posts

@citrusbfbw

I had same issue.

Finish complete LUNDEN STORY ARC and after that, retourn to Lunden to finish this quest. I did this and oleeee....NPC was there and quest worked fine.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics