Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • iHolmestark
    Original poster 5 posts

hi! i was very much enjoying Valhalla until i came across a glitched world event in Jorvik called "Deviled Water"
    i hopped onto the boat where the guy was standing, he jumped into the water and swam away and i destroyed the boat he was standing on and burned every other boat in the harbor.. and that was it! the world event is incomplete and nothing else happens when i talk to the priests!
    i looked online with no luck, tried reloading multiple times, leaving the region then coming back, even tried exiting the simulation then getting back in.. all this without any luck!!
    please help! this's something preventing me from getting 100% game completion!

i play on Xbox One X with patch 1.0.4 installed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@iHolmestark Thank you for reporting this to us.

Just to confirm, if you reload to an earlier point it's still stuck as broken or does it break the same way when you repeat.

Official Response
  • iHolmestark
    Original poster 5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • iHolmestark
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-baron sorry to reply so late! unfortunately i don't have an earlier save point.. can't i reset the quest? please any help is very much welcome, this's the only thing preventing me from getting the completionist achievement!

• iHolmestark
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-baron so is there any fix for this? or will it be fixed in the coming patch?
    you do understand that i've unlocked all other achievements except for the "Completionist" one because of this glitch!!

• NanoGoo
    1 posts

Also experiencing the same bug. When I knocked the guy off (the boat actually broke when I swam into it), he swam away. I actually tried following him, as I didn't know what I was supposed to do. He continued running away forever until I finally lost him. Upon returning, the quest was clearly broken and remains so. I unfortunately did not have an earlier save, except for one way back in Norway.

PC v.1.0.4

• Zharni
    1 posts

In trying to complete the event (on xbox), the boat was destroyed, and the unbaptised man jumped in the water, however the event did not complete.
    Have gone to other zones, and quit/relaunched the game and the boat has not respawned for the event to be completed.
    This is the only mystery remaining in Jorvik, so would like to complete it.
    Thanks!

• jtwolph
    1 posts

Same issue here.
    Hope a fix happens. I didn't realize I broke this until much much later so going back to an old save is not possible.

• Vryolaka
    4 posts

same issue here, I climbed onto the boat from the water, got my torch out thinking that the threat of burning the boat might make him jump, he did, and swam off, then I dropped the torch, the boat burned and the quest remains active, he is long gone and the monks are just standing around repeating the same lines if I talk to them. Again can’t roll back to an earlier save as I figured I’d come back later, 20 or so hours afterwards I ended up back there and still can’t complete the mystery. It’s likely to end up the last thing left to do come the end of this week.

• sicplagu3
    32 posts

Is this problem addressed to the dev team by now? Can't find anything about it in the 1.1.0 patch nodes.

• veovis77
    4 posts

The man in the boat required to complete the Deviled Water World Event is not there. He was there at some point - I did knock him off the boat and he floated off down the river, but I'm not sure if that was before or after I'd talked to the quest starter NPCs. Either I triggered the quest and it didn't register the guy falling in the river as a completion, or I sent him bobbing off down the river and now he won't respawn to continue the quest. Ultimately, the game is in a state where the quest can't be completed. It was so long ago I don't have a save game old enough to restore (I've completed the rest of the game since then).

Is there any way to get the quest to reset?

• mullhead
    1 posts

@kaje1980 Got it too, I swam to the boat, climbed up and then shot it with a narrow. Bloke complained about the cold, swam away and now I'm stuck 😞

• Deanouk
    1 posts

@iholmestark i have the same problem and with the talking pig in cent

• Vryolaka
    4 posts

I fixed it in the end, look across the water to the right, there’s scaffolding. I found the guy behind the scaffolding near a wealth chest hidden in a small cave. He said his dialog, i shot him a bunch with exploding arrows, chased him around a bunch the. Swam back to the priests and they said “at last I now baptise you etc etc” and it completed. Maybe I got lucky buts that’s where I found him and if you use odins sight he still highlighted in blue. Hope that helps someone else.

• jdmedlo
    1 posts

@iholmestark I know it’s been a long while since this post but I had the same glitch today. I played for another few hours thinking it was a lost cause when I found the guy who disappeared. He was on the other side of the river further south by the bridge that is being constructed. I had to shoot a few arrows at him but once he was done being frightened the quest completed. Hope this helps if anyone else comes across the glitch.

• Vryolaka
    4 posts

@jdmedlo seems quite likely that's where he goes for everyone then, as I said in my post he was in the cave just on the other side of that bridge when I found him and that's the direction I had seen him swimming in when it first glitched. Fair enough, two of us isn't exactly 100% confirmation on how to fix it but it seems likely it will work for others too, perhaps he is supposed to head to the cave then de-spawn once the quest completes but as it's still incomplete he just hangs around indefinitely.

• sicplagu3
    32 posts

@vryolaka
    I'm happy for you.

In my case he never was on a Boat, he just stands there and crying about the cold water (as seen in my screenshot above). When i shoot some arrows near him he runs away and when i found him he babbles the same stuff like before.

I hope this will be fixed till 2022 🙄

• sicplagu3
    32 posts

Patch 1.1.1 is out, but Quest is still bugged...

Now that we have Achievements on PC i can't complete "Completionist all the Way" because i'm not be able to complete the last territory.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey everyone, please accept my apologies for the delay since our last reply.

Thank you for your continued reports of this issue with the world event "Deviled Water", and for confirming that it persists even after the game's TU 1.1.1 update. The development team are still investigating the issue, and have requested the save files of affected players (possible for PC and PS4 players to provide) in order to try and reproduce it accurately. Unfortunately, during their previous testing, they did not encounter this issue, so it is one they require affected save files for to look into further.

@iHolmestark Leaving the area of the world event and returning after a time should reset it, however if this is not the case, this is something the team will investigate as part of the overall issue. I appreciate that you are keen to get this world event done in order to fully complete all of the regions for the "Completionist All The Way!" achievement, and I'll do everything I can to get the information the team needs in order for them to try and find a fix. 🙂

@NanoGoo Hey there! Could you possibly confirm whether you're still experiencing this issue following the game's TU 1.1.1 update? If so, as you're on PC, would you consider sending us your save files in a support case? I'd be happy to open one on your account for you if so. Thank you!

@Vryolaka @jdmedlo Thank you both for letting us know that you were able to resolve this issue, and even more so for posting your workarounds / solutions! I hope that these have been helpful to another player in the same or a similar situation. If either of you need additional support in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

@sicplagu3 Hey! I moved most of your posts into a separate thread here for the NPC / boat for this quest being missing. If you're still having trouble with this issue, please reply there and I'll do everything I can to assist!

@jtwolph @mullhead @Deanouk @veovis77 Hello to you all! If still experiencing this issue with "Deviled Water", could you possibly advise me of the platform(s) you are playing on and also provide a video of the issue if possible? If any of you are on PC or PS4, it would be amazing if you could submit your save files to us in a support case as well so that these can be passed to the developers for analysis. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Aurdon76
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer I am having the same issue on Xbox Series X, this is the only thing I need to get 100%. I've been all over the map for over 100hrs since I first did this and there is only one priest remaining... the one standing on the ledge... er, was killed accidently. I pushed the guy off the boat, he said his rant but I don't recall the priest saying anything further. I only have one save file so I can't go back, and I have over 180hrs in this so...
    undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics