Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • kosta99pav
    1 posts

I have the same issue on PS5 the person has left I’ve managed to trap him the boat has disappeared but I cannot get him to drop in the water near the priests and if I do manage to get him in the water it doesn’t count towards the quest. After fast travelling and moving in for several hours the quest still does not seem to reset

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1887 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thanks for taking the time to continue sharing your experiences with "Deviled Water" within this thread. I've passed these along to the development team so they can be used in the ongoing investigation. Please note that we have a separate megathread for if the NPC or boat is missing from the mystery, which you can check out here.

The development team are still taking a closer look at this mystery further. At this moment in time, we have no new updates to share. Once we have any new information from the investigation to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread or within our News & Announcements forum. Please check out these places regularly for the most up-to-date news.

@guest-3uOTFZaI - Welcome to the forums πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing your own experience. I'm sorry to hear that one of the priest met an untimely end. I'll pass this along to the development team to see if this can help with the investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • benvorbeck
    2 posts

I would also like to report that this event is broken. That guy ran off and could never find him again. Need this for trophy, ps5

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @benvorbeck! Welcome to the forums πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing your report within the thread. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing this mystery. Could you provide me with some more information?

• Could you clarify which "guy" ran off? Was it the NPC being baptised, or another one of the NPCs?
    • Was the NPC present when you started the quest, or were they never available within the area?
    • Would you be able to send us an image or a video that shows the NPC is no longer in the area, and that you're unable to complete the mystery because of this?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • wafu448
    3 posts

When this happened to me I, went left and then crossed the river using a small boat towards the cave, climbed up and then went left until I heard the now baptised fellow talking and then used the small boat near to the voice to cross back to the starting point. Mission complete.

• morphinapg1
    5 posts

@wafu448 if you could post a picture or video of where you found the guy it would be helpful

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @wafu448. I'm glad to hear you've been able to successfully complete the mystery!

@morphinapg1 - Are you having trouble completing this mystery after the NPC enters the water? If the NPC is completely missing from the area for you, I'd recommend posting within this thread instead so we can investigate this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • benvorbeck
    2 posts

When I look towards the river there is a dead guy floating there just down the slope/cliff net to the arrows. As, far as I can remember I killed him and he fell off. One guy is still blabbering where he originally were and the other is walking to the shop and back all the time. They all look like old fat monks. Then if I look at the river and go about 50-100m left there is a guy that turns blue from odins vision. I cannot kill him but he runs away when I try.
    After every update I try this mission but nothing, are you ever going to fix it? I can understand that there are only a few people with this problem, maybe even more that's not bothered, but are we too few to care about and actually write off as fans/customers? I know if the problem went viral you would have sorted it out 3 updates ago. This is not a rant, just use the money you made already and pay someone to fix it.

• Mem90
    3 posts

Hello

I used another boat to try and crash the NPC in the water, however the boat and the man have disappeared. This is my last mystery to get a platinum, I am playing on PS5.

Is there a patch coming out for this?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@benvorbeck - I'm sorry to hear you've encountered trouble in "Deviled Water." Thank you for providing a detailed description of what you're encountering. If possible, would you be able to send us a video? In particular, could you show the NPC highlighted in blue that's appearing away from the world event area? We can then check if this is the right NPC, and pass this to the development team.

Rest assured that the development team are looking into this issue further. I would recommend checking the patch notes for updates (when they are released) in our News & Announcements forum to ensure if this issue is due to be fixed. To my knowledge, this issue has not been included in any previous updates, so this is why it hasn't been fixed yet. As soon as we have more information about a fix, this will be shared in the forums.

@Mem90 - Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that the NPC has now gone missing for you. I would recommend checking out this megathread for further news and updates regarding the missing NPC in "Deviled Water."

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zarifous
    1 posts

I have similar issue even with latest patch on PC. 2 priests are there. Another one that was closer to a cliff edge is no longer there (accidentally burned him while he was getting on a boat). A guy who you suppose to knock down from boat is on a shore on opposite side. He does nothing. Tried to push him with boat back into the water, no results. 3 boats later, same issue 😐 Hope this gets fixed soon. Same as others, 100 + hours into the game without the save prior the event.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Zarifous! Welcome to the forums πŸ™‚

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting the NPC to enter the water. Would you be able to send us a video that shows the location of the world event for you, and that only two of the priests are present? Additionally, please include the location of the NPC who should be getting baptised. We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • DTISeabass89
    2 posts

@zarifous I’m having the same issue, it’s my mystery to get! 😑

• DTISeabass89
    2 posts

I have completed every mystery bar this one and I am having the same issues as the others, the man has disappeared and no completion. Please help!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @DTISeabass89! Welcome to the forums πŸ™‚

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering trouble in "Deviled Water." Thanks for sharing your report with us.

If the NPC is completely missing from the area, I would recommend checking out this megathread for more information and updates from the investigation into this issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • wafu448
    3 posts

this is where im sure the npc was (might have beeen invisible so you have to listen out for the voice).undefined

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing that image with us, @wafu448. I'm going to re-share your original post, so players encountering this issue can know how you were able to bypass this.

When this happened to me I, went left and then crossed the river using a small boat towards the cave, climbed up and then went left until I heard the now baptised fellow talking and then used the small boat near to the voice to cross back to the starting point. Mission complete.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Blue_Angel_PR
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue as most. I accidentally killed 1 of the priest and then shot an arrow at the boat with the NPC. He fell in the water and went swimming to the water doc as seen in the image below. He doesn't initiate a talk dialog or option and the priest just keep repeating the same statement. undefinedundefined

• vonnKCO
    2 posts

@vryolaka thank you bro. I found him. I went to the scaffolding n he was just standing in the water. He did good blue but not until I was pretty close to him. For anyone reading this, if u stand with the 3 guys yelling at where he originally was in look at the scaffolding across the water, it's a bit up river, maybe 50 or 60m. There's a little cave on the opposite side. Vryolaka said he was in the cave, I found him just standing in the water outside the cave. U get close to him and he says his lines then u go back to the 3 dudes and your done.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Blue_Angel_PR - I'm sorry to hear that you're missing one of your priests. Thank you for sharing your experience, as well as some additional images. The development team are intending to release a fix for "Deviled Water" in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this fix. As soon we have more definite information to share, it will be posted within the forums.

@vonnKCO - Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that @Vryolaka's experience helped you to complete the mystery! πŸ˜„

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics