Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hoffmeister_
    Original poster 5 posts

Hi guys,

I ask you if you are interested in a guide for how to not crash and get the most out of ACValhalla and PC gaming in gerneral.

Calling out moderators out there. Is there interest of making it a sticky after approval?

I would only do it then cos it will be a long and detailed guide then with everything you can think of. I read many people got issues and I do believe the most of the problems/ errors or whatever are actually caused by users and not the by the game. I would like to write but only if we sticky this here in the AC forums or UBISOFT forums in general. With your approval I would like to help other people to enjoy PC gaming in the quality I do to get the most out of a setup and make games more fluid and less or simply not crashing at all.

btw:
    ACValhalla does not crash due to the games fault I guess. It certainly is cos most users got their paging file too small or administrated automatically by windows which comes out like the same -> ACValhalla will crash!

All the best and with kind regards,
    Hoffmeister

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

@hoffmeister_

Hallo Hoffmeister, I am on PC, doing fine. On occasions the game crashes, but its an rare incident.
    I welcome your appeal here and wish you all the best. Community will benefit no doubt. Thank you for your efforts!

Regards

• Hoffmeister_
    Original poster 5 posts

The guide would contain topics such as:

paging file
    drivers
    hardware - gpu, ram, cpu, ssd
    nvidia options
    rivatuner
    regedit process prio
    gamemode - on or off
    vsync - in general plus detect Herz of screen for less input lag
    tidy up your system - autostart, daemons, etc
    execute options
    and more

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

The game can definitely crash by the games own fault. Given, within 110 hours of playtime I only had 3 crashes, but I can see it possibly crashing more considering how bug-prone it is. Games crash for a variety of reasons. Hell, I was playing Sekiro the other day, one of the most stable games I can think of, and even that had a crash to desktop once randomly after some sort of glitch with an enemy getting stuck inside of a wall. It can happen to any game regardless of how stable it is.

Also begging for a sticky is definitely not going to endear you to anyone. Plus most of the glitches people are complaining about aren't performance-related as far as I know, the game performs fairly well. It's things like bugs in quest scripting apparently not giving proper flags to progress events/quests and the like. I had a few myself where I had to reload saves to get NPCs to properly progress in certain parts of the game when they randomly seemed to forget what they were doing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics