Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OneCanSpam
    Original poster 1 posts

my game now has 2 mysteries that will not complete. I am pretty positive that it is because the game is stuck in “you must become anonymous” mode. When building the “stoneman” cairn for the little girl in snotinghamscire i have validated the build 50 times and it never completes. Just now i was talking the pregnant lady up the hill in glowecestrescire when wolfs attacked. When we arrived at the ruins it said “you mist become anonymous” and never allowed it to finish. After restarting the game, i went back to the pregnant woman who was back at the start of the mystery and she would not interact at all. I am loading an old saved game to try to at least remedy the pregnant lady but the stoneman little girl is basically frozen in incompletion. I am losing a few hours of gameplay by doing this again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Fum69Case69
    1 posts

Can anyone help??? I keep Getting “you must be anonymous” everytime I go To complete a quest, which in turn doesn’t let me complete the quest!

• Strayngel
    83 posts

I'm having this problem as well. I'm on a daily contract mission, "Reported Missing", and it just keeps saying "You must be anonymous" every few seconds. I've fast travelled after leading the kidnapped well away from the area and it still won't complete and just keeps spamming that message.

Just saved and reloaded and it fixed itself.

• Strayngel
    83 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • StaplePort2478
    23 posts

Keeps popping up, i cant finish quest if not anon. Eivor still repeating internal monologues 100 times. I make sure im anon, even went and did other quests. Eivor also always looking to the right for no reason

• Thegoddesslolth
    3 posts

Keep running into a glitch saying i must be anonymous to continue missions. I have to reload the game every single time, sometimes multiple times, and redo the missions to continue.

• MrsOogit
    1 posts

@thegoddesslolth same with mine too, can't do anything.

• drkon7
    1 posts

I encounter this bug very often lately and I think I've found what causes it. If during the trip from point A to B I touch an animal on horseback and its health bar becomes visible, then this bug happens even if I kill said animal. Only solution is to reload game. Doesn't every enemy has an aggro timer? Seems like the aggro is refreshed indefinitely.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for reporting these issues to us with the anonymity in-game. We're sorry to hear that's been occurring.

Just to confirm, which exact quests or world events are this occurring with? Can you provide a short video that shows the issue?

@drkon7 Does it happen how far you go from the Animal? Does it happen with only hostile animals such as Wolves or Boars?

Official Response
  • DemonI81
    16 posts

Getting this on every mission that requires you to save/kidnap someone. Message spams on the screen even though I'm anonymous and mission can't be completed.

I've solved it each time by reloading and redoing the quest. It's super obnoxious and has cost me hours of re-doing missions. I'm so fed up with this game and the insane amount of bugs, had I not bought the collector's edition I would've snapped the disc in half long ago.

Edit: Just happened while kidnapping Tedmund in Cent, that's what brought me here. Happens every time I do the Reda contract to save the person too.

Edit 2: If you want me to take more time out of my day to capture video, cut it, upload it.... than I've already lost by re-doing missions and then coming here to report the bug, a bug that's so prevalent there's no way QA did not see it, you can hire me Ubi-Baron. Asking people that paid for your product to then basically do QA's job for free is simply disgusting and you should be ashamed. I spent nearly $250 on this game.

• gail8
    2 posts

@ubi-baron Hi! For me it happened four or five times while trying to complete mysteries, with no enemies in sight, mind you. For example during the mysteries « life blood » and « Ledecesterscire Sauce ». Couldn’t complete the quests because the message about getting anonymous keeps popping on the screen and can’t do anything. I tried fast travelling to another place and the message keeps popping up. Had to exit the game and come back.

• Gooby1452
    10 posts

This has been happening to me often too, I've found saving and reloading usually fixes it however its becoming really annoying at this point especially when there's many more bugs to deal with...

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

Ran into this once. Forget the location, but you find a drunk narcoleptic laying next a stone structure and read a note he's laying on top of, which tells you to take him home to his wife.

First attempt, got the anonymous bug. It either happened due to (think it was a wild boar or wolf, can't remember) that chased briefly and I ignored while taking him home OR it was due to people seeing me carry him, and w/o a hood on if that matters.

Reloaded a manual (people, you need to be manually saving in this game like in 15 min. intervals or similar if you want to avoid this stuff as auto-saves often overwrite each other and you are lucky to have anything older than 5 minutes old with them at times) save and this time avoided any animals. His home bordered on the city perimeter AND had a doorless rear entrance, so I crouched while carrying him and dropped down the wall immediately behind his house and ran in and dropped him on the bed w/o anyone seeing me. This time I was able to complete it.

Either people witnessing him being carried or possibly an animal that was still in conflict (but maybe got stuck on something, who knows) might have caused it.

• PaintedAme
    2 posts

@ubi-baron
    I am also having this issue. It occurs on some of the World Event missions, but it happens daily for me with some of Reda's missions. Specifically the ones where you retrieve an associate from a bandit camp. I've found that if I trigger open combat it doesn't matter how far I get from the camp afterwards or how long I wait I will not become anonymous enough for the mission to complete. I've also found that reloading a save will reset the mission and I have to be careful to not enter combat.
    I do not know if killing everyone in the camp before rescuing the associate will make a difference.
    I'm on an original PS4 and I'm using a disc version of the game.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@paintedame
    Had this a few times for no apparent reason on the ps4. The worst was in Essex storyline, during the find old love and the lad hiding in the wood shed. Killed all the soldiers in the village and still had it. Fast travelling made no difference. Ended up restarting whole game not just a save to clear it.

• Saint.Balthazar
    19 posts

Encountered this bug when trying to get the Pregnant lady on the top of the hill

• iHateTimeTravel
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RLMatrimCauthon
    2 posts

@ubi-baron
    I got this bug on Xbox One.

I raided a monastery not too far from Raventhorpe.

Then I went to do two separate activities in the area. The first one, I went to a militia/bandit camp for some wealth off of a murderer. After completing that I went to a world event, where I am guessing the NPC had gotten drunk and was acting invincible. He ran off to the bandit camp I had just taken care of, where he proceeded to collapse of tiredness. I picked him up, walked out of the camp, called for my horse, put him on the horse and rode back to where I first encountered him. I did pass a guard on horseback, but he didn't give pursuit or anything. That is when the you must be anonymous started showing up on my screen. I went back and killed the guard on horseback, that didn't fix. There were other "soldiers" patrolling around, I killed all that I saw, that didn't fix it. I tried hiding the bodies in buses and tall grass, that didn't fix it. I killed a few vipers in the area and a boar, that didn't fix it. I fast traveled back to Raventhorpe and it still said, "You must be anonymous." I haven't tried reloading yet, but this is a bit annoying when you are trying to get some things done and if you run into this bug/glitch and the only way to fix it is to reload, then that is going to be super annoying indeed. Please have whoever it is that looks into these things do so as I know everyone here would appreciate this being fixed. This is a bug, that if not fixed, could make the game unplayable.

• lmonte2014
    2 posts

I also have it now... it is so freaking annoying that I'm ready to just quit.

• IFBBproLynn
    1 posts

I’m now dealing with the same bug. I am Taking a pregnant woman up the hill... finished it and now the same message pops up over and over and over saying “must be Anonymous” and it never lets me finish the mission. There are so many issues with this game! Ive Never been so frustrated with a game in my life!

Suggested Topics