Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Loki-Jolasveinn
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello, guys,

AC Valhalla handles accessibility really well, and I appreciate it. More games should be like this.
    In the audio section, there are many options. But, for dialog volume, there's only two options, (under Dialog Boost) to either to boost it or not. I actually like this because it makes it clear and simple for those hard of hearing, but I also have an issue with it.
    That simply is that it doesn't allow people to lower the dialog volume.

Now there is an option to lower the master volume, but I'm referring to changing dialog volume individually. This is oddly one of the more limited aspects of the options, since you can only either keep it the same, or boost it to an unspecified amount.

So here, I simply ask if you could give people more control over this option. Maybe so they can lower and raise the volume to certain values, allowing people to customize the audio options even further.
    Now, with the current option, dialog boost, it's not actually necessary with a dialog slider, since if you needed to boost it, you would just lower music and SFX, while increasing your system audio.
    But, despite that, I actually think it's a good idea, since it makes it a lot more simple and easy.

So perhaps, you should keep that option, but also just include a slider for dialog as well, letting you lower it if need be.

Or, if you want to innovate this whole thing, perhaps instead of using sliders that go from 0 to 100, 100 being the default value. Make four sliders (master, SFX, music, dialog) that are in a default value in the middle like 0. And, similar to the brightness setting, if you increase the slider, you increase the volume of that sound option. So increasing the dialog slider from the middle (say 0 to 25) would boost the dialog. And also allowing you to boost it to a more personalized amount that suits you, like 25 or 50.
    And, if you decrease the slider to a negative value, you lower the volume, like -25 or -50. Giving it the same functionality as the previous system (where it's 0 to 100).
    This system seems simple enough, considering that's how the brightness setting works. So it is an idea to consider.

Anyways, thanks to anyone who reads this, especially developers. I bolded and italicized certain words, hoping that it would make it easier to understand. But if it's too much or confusing, let me know and I'll remove them.
    These are just simply ideas to consider. Have a nice day.

In best interests,
    Jólasveinn

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics