ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jackruben24
    1 posts

I am currently at level 77 in the game and every time I travel to Asgard for the mission “defensive measures” I instantly start loosing life and just die. This is very frustrating as I’m not sure what to do and even if I quickly travel to another synchronized location in Asgard I still loose life and die. I just want to enjoy my weekend and play the game. Please help ASAP. I really do not want to start the game all over again.

• Voodooseeker
    1 posts

@ubi-spud I got same issue. The builder has disappeared and I can't progress in Asgard 🙁 I've been trying to wake up and return without any luck 🤞

• Emeralder376
    Original poster 14 posts

@cebiscuit Yes, just the same issue as I have met.

• Emeralder376
    Original poster 14 posts

@citric_volcano Yes, the other explanation is that they have already found a way to fix this issue (the possibility of which is poor in my view). Now I am trying to post the issue here Unable to complete objective "drink the potion to return to Asgard" in "In Dreams" | POST HERE | Ubisoft Forums so that the official staff may be more likely to notice it.

• guest-HaGw796F
    1 posts

Been experiencing a bug when going to the In Dreams arc of the quests. After drinking the potion and get to Valhalla I immediately start losing health and die. Making this quest line arc unplayable. is there any fix for this?

• EpmKabob
    3 posts

@koobik96 i said [censored] it and used cheat engine to get max hp, then i went over to the bubble and turned it off, singleplayer game so who cares?
    edit: forgot to mention, cheat engine is pc only

• Loken10th
    1 posts

Hello and thanks for reading. I've spent over 90 hours in game and seems now I can not complete the Asgard quest Defensive Measures.

During the quest where I needed to defend the Builder, the npcs would not spawn and flood into the safe area. If I left the area to fish them into the area the quest would not complete. If I kited them into the area it would be an endless task as the quest would not update.

Feeling complet lost I decided to *wake up* in game and went along my way. Now that I am over power level 340 I decided to try it again only to die upon loading into Asgard due to the shield of that quest still up.

Please help with making it so you can reset a quest or abandon one so you can restart the quest.

Thank you for reading

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 794 posts

Thank you for the added details.

@Kedari1220 Thank you or that detailed breakdown.

At the moment this issue is still being worked on by the AC Team, unfortunately I don't have an update to share on this at the moment.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Nateedward2496
    1 posts

@ubi-spud just wondering if a fix has been made on this issue as I am having the same issue

• Mnicho36
    1 posts

I am currently in the part of Asgard where you have to fight Fenrir in the end and I left after not being able to complete it at such a low level but now when I go back to Asgard I get a red screen and then it desynchronizes me.

• NickHOH94
    1 posts

I encountered this bug just now playing through for the first time, and managed to fix it too. I will say, this method will not help anyone who left and progressed on somehow (which I was unable to do anyways, not sure how y’all did that) but if you’re stuck here completely like I was, it may fix the issue for you.

After killing the Jotnar, I could not leave nor did the next step of the quest trigger. The Builder just kept painting and I stood around unable to progress or leave the bubble, as I assume most people here did. I couldn’t even access the Atlas to leave Asgard either, so I was in bad shape. Thought my game was full-broke.

What I ended up having to do was I reloaded my earliest save of the quest, which was an auto-save from right when he was originally putting the bubble up. At first, I was hoping for something before this quest so I could just avoid it entirely and come back after a patch, as these forums looked dismal for an outcome. But this was all I had, and when I saw it was right when he was putting the bubble up, I thought this would just end me up in the same loop again. Nothing else had worked, from dying, to luring in more Jotnar, etc, and I thought I was screwed.

But, when I fought the giants this time, The Builder queued another line of dialogue midway through me killing some Jotnar while the shield was failing, and the next step of the quest, “Survive the Attack” was available now, so I just had to fight all the Jotnar like you normally would and the shield gets fixed again, Ta-da.

This worked for me, and I hope it works for some of you who may have gotten completely stuck here and haven’t progressed far ahead outside of this quest after it glitched. Pretty ridiculous Ubisoft hasn’t addressed this yet and fixed it, I must say.

Key differences to note in my play through of when I got glitched and when I didn’t -

1. I pulled a different pack of Jotnar to start. First time when I got glitched, I went straight back and pulled the two at the little campfire behind from the pillar where you watched the Builder set the shield up. The second time where it worked, I went the same direction, but then to the right when I came out of the valley that the shield area is in. There was two wandering packs of Jotnar there and I pulled the nearest one to the portal.
    2. I opted to not use any special adrenaline abilities and fight these Jotnar the old fashioned way. I fancy the “Bullet-Time Bow” as I like to call it a lot, but I’ve noticed it’s a little funky at times. So while I was just beating them down regularly, including the powerful teleporting Jotun, somewhere in the middle of that, The Builder queued his second line of dialogue about holding them off while he fixes the shield.

I hope this helps.

• BroNM4rK
    1 posts

Same issue, bulider just kept on painting. I tried dying, i killed everyone, i reloaded an earlier save but nothing works and eventually i had to leave by waking up.

Now i can't return to asgard without dying and so i can't progress the story anymore.

• Ubi-Baron

@guest-HaGw796F Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of this issue occurring, and it's currently being looked into by the AC team.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

Official Response
  • malnoufr
    1 posts

Hell yeah. Love ubisoft. But they got to fix that bug. I'm too powerful to finish defensive measure. But not powerful enough for the rest of the game. Crazy.🤣

• JAKEOMAC
    6 posts

Not only do I have this bug in asgard, still no option for the free ps5 upgrade. It's like ubisoft are trolling us

• FeintX
    3 posts

People have been bringing up this issue for over a week and it still hasn't been added to the known issues list. I would like to be able to continue to play the game, but won't until the issue has been corrected. With the number of quest related issues this game has, they really just need to implement a way to reset a quest back to the beginning.

• birdeh89
    3 posts

Whilst doing the Defensive measures quest, the enemys eventually stopped attacking and i could not progress, after spending a while trying to get it to continue i gave up and returned to england to continue there!

Now every time i return to asgard i spawn in and immediately start taking damage because i am not within the shield, and its completely impossible to get back to the shield without dying
    so until this is fixed somehow i am unable to continue with the asgard questline! which is a crying shame since i was thoroughly enjoying it!!

Upon a quick google i found i am not the only one experiencing this bug, and id rather not have to restart the game 50 hours in just so i can do the asgard bits 😞

• Bananafacejoe
    1 posts

I cannot complete the quest defensive measures as when I did it the first time I had used the option to wake up as I was to low a power level and now every time I go into Asgard I lose health very quickly and die please help as I can’t finish the game now

• boondox83
    10 posts

@skill_u101

Because they dont care they ignore this problem i ve the same bug hèee and they Do nothing

• Ubi-Baron

@andibasket3 We are aware of reports of that issue, and it's been passed on to the team to be looked into.

Official Response

Suggested Topics