Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Emeralder376
    Original poster 11 posts

In the builder quest in Asgard, I felt too difficult to go through it, so I chose to "wake up" and it works. However, when I try to go back to Asgard after hours of playing, I find myself out of the shield and die very soon. I don't know how to overcome the issue. I have played hours after I first enter Asgard so I would rather refund than restart the game. I believe there is a BUG. Please fix it, make Eivor go back to the correct place of Asgard to make the quest continuable, or make the game reset the builder quest automatically after re-entering Asgard. Thank you.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. I would like to reach out to you all with an update, and with some more information about ongoing investigations taking place for issues encountered in Asgard.

Please note that this thread is specifically for an issue wherein players would spawn into Asgard outside of the Builder's shield. Players would be killed before being able to reach the shield, causing desynchronization. This issue was marked as resolved in TU 1.1.1.

We are aware of an issue wherein enemies are not killed by the Builder's shield, which prevents players from proceeding further with the quest. Players may also spawn within the shield and be able to leave it. You can find the megathread for this here.

If you are encountering issues with battling Fenrir in "Binding Fate," please note that this is also a different issue that's currently under investigation. For future updates, please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum.

If you are encountering an issue wherein you are spawn-killed immediately upon entering Asgard, and it is not related to one of the topics discussed above, please don't hesitate to create a new thread about this. A member of the support team will reach out to you as soon as they're able to.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Emeralder376
    Original poster 11 posts

I've just met the same issue. Maybe you can try to reset this quest each time the player enters Asgard. Some other players also reported that the "defensive measures" quest won't proceed normally (enemies keep coming for half an hour/ the quest won't proceed when enemies are cleared). @ubi-spud

• TealDuchess7549
    3 posts

@ubi-spud I have had the same problem when I fast travel it then freezes and I can’t move

• TealDuchess7549
    3 posts

Anyone else have that bug in Vangard where their character freezes or gets killed by a green spark? Is there anyway to fix it that doesn’t involve me loading an old save and losing hours worth of gameplay? I’ve tried fast travel to another location and it doesn’t help.

• jrains543
    2 posts

Whenever I teleport to Asgard I am continuously hit by a green light until I ultimately die. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix to it?

• KazuhiraMartinz
    2 posts

There's a game breaking bug in when doing the Asgard missions. I got to the second chapter where you're with the builder testing out the rune shield. I needed to leave to level up a bit, so I did. When you return it doesn't put you back into the circle; you're near Heimdall's Tower. On the other side of the Asgard map with the effects of the Rune shield still active, so you start taking the damage over time effect that happens when you exit the shield. This has completely ground the Asgard quest to a halt. There are numerous other issues but this is the one that's stopped progress all together. I can send a video of what's happening if you need it.

• Jaycaldw3ll
    3 posts

is there any update on a fix for this i really want to progress in the story currently stuck with no missions?

• bigfathippo95
    1 posts

So for the mission in asgard "defense measures" i died trying to defend the builder and all the bad guys stop coming so I tried to cohorts them to me to no avail so I decided to fast travel back to England after trying to complete that mission for over 2hrs now when I try to go back to asgard it kills me imminently because im not in that magic barrier any fixes?

• M1kEyMaC
    1 posts

must have did something wrong during the shield defense quest in asgard. if i leave the shield i die, if wake up and go back i die.

• Yukiyoroi
    9 posts

Workaround for bug:

As so many other people have found, the only way to resolve this problem seems to be to drop the quest and restart it from an earlier save.

• spurkumies
    3 posts

Ps4 and same problem here.. Hope this get fix soon

• bjd2983
    3 posts

@ubi-spud still an issue over 24hrs in and I can’t progress in the main story. Any update yet?

• thornh
    18 posts

Yes, same issue PS4/PS5. Please fix this. I have 56 hours into the game and really do not want to start over for this. Thank you!

• Lewistbrown1509
    1 posts

i woke up halfway through the builders quest when he builds the dome as I wasn’t a high enough level, I returned to Asgard after levelling up and now I just keep on dying because I’m outside of the dome and the quest is still ongoing. Is there any way around this and is anyone else experiencing this?

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! We have reported this issue to the developers who are working on it at the moment. Any updates will be shared in the forum when an update is available. Your patience is appreciated until then! 🙂

Official Response
  • lil_luke1010
    1 posts

same is happening to me now I have to go back to an old save like 15 hours back and play it over rip I knew I shouldn’t have trusted that damn builder screwed my game up with his damn red circle of death.!.! Lol

• Jaycaldw3ll
    3 posts

@thornh yeh same i can progress i’m stuck really annoying bc i’m enjoying the game a lot

• Platypus_power
    12 posts

Same here and it’s the same with a lot of people I know we can’t progress because of the big and don’t want to restart because I have spent too long on the game. I have been waiting ages for this to be fixed plz get to it soon @ubi-spud

• Platypus_power
    12 posts

@ubi-spud
    I’ve been waiting a few days how long approximately do you think it will take to fix

• Doctor267
    1 posts

Decided to 'wake up' as the game wouldn't let me progress for some reason. Upon returning you are no longer in the 'survive the attack area' and start dying instantly as you aren't in the protective barrier.

Hope this gets fixed soon

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics