Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Emeralder376
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-woofer Hello, have you been aware of the issue in the quest "defensive measures"? When you "wake up" during this quest you will take continuous damage when you return to Asgard and die in few seconds, making it unable to proceed the quests in Asgard. So far the issue has not been listed in your known issues or megathreads in the forum, so maybe we can post it here as well? For further information please check: Spawn Killed in Asgard | Ubisoft Forums . Add it to your known issue list at least!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3895 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. I would like to reach out to you all with an update, and with some more information about ongoing investigations taking place for issues encountered in Asgard.

Please note that this thread is specifically for an issue wherein players would spawn into Asgard outside of the Builder's shield. Players would be killed before being able to reach the shield, causing desynchronization. This issue was marked as resolved in TU 1.1.1.

We are aware of an issue wherein enemies are not killed by the Builder's shield, which prevents players from proceeding further with the quest. Players may also spawn within the shield and be able to leave it. You can find the megathread for this here.

If you are encountering issues with battling Fenrir in "Binding Fate," please note that this is also a different issue that's currently under investigation. For future updates, please keep an eye out within our News & Announcements forum.

If you are encountering an issue wherein you are spawn-killed immediately upon entering Asgard, and it is not related to one of the topics discussed above, please don't hesitate to create a new thread about this. A member of the support team will reach out to you as soon as they're able to.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • ErfanHy
    6 posts

I've got the early access version of the game. The first time I got to Asgard I couldn't get past Defensive Measures Quest. When enemies are attacking through the red barrier, it looks like one of them put a spell on me or something like that and I just die instantly. Maybe It's because I exited that Barrier to run away from enemies and it's something for outside of that shield barrier. No matter how many times I heal. It will always turn my health to zero. I tried using dodge roll cause I thought it would go away like fire. And in the I gave up and tried waking up from Asgard dream. Because the game did some autosaves when I was dying and Everytime I would load my game. I would just die instantly. I thought it would be fixed if I come back later. So, I did the Vinland and England Stories and when I came back to asgard I just died again right after the loading. I can't finish the game like this. I can't start over cause I already played 62 hours. I hope you fix this soon.

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

I did the one quest in Asgard where the builder makes the shield and you have to survive the attack. I did that when I was a low level so I went out of Asgard. Now that I am a higher level I tried to do it again but get spawn killed every time because I'm not in the shield. I can't reach the shield in time before I die because its to far

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@erfanhy The same thing is happening to me and I did the same thing as you I'm pretty sure if you are outside of the barrier you get damaged. I spawned on the top near the chair where you first start and cant possibly reach the barrier in time to not die

• ErfanHy
    6 posts

@anonymous_tea exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one. So that the chances of getting this fixed will become higher. I don't why the game did use autosave when I was dying. And know it's impossible to complete the asgard arc. Thanks to this bug 😑

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@erfanhy I have tried pretty much everything even trying to trick autosave to get me closer but won't let me even turning down the difficulty.

• Bill_Provolone
    1 posts

Quest is bugged for me as well. Except what happened is that I killed all of the enemies and no more showed up. The guy kept painting for eternity and the quest never proceeded. I got up, went and had lunch and nothing had happened by the time I came back nearly 30+ minutes later. I said F it and fast traveled to wake up and now I am soft locked since I cant get back to the shield without dying.

I think how they could fix this is maybe putting in a fast travel point to the quest location. Or they could just make the damage over time incredibly small (or remove it).

I think that the Asgard stuff is part of the main quest so I cannot proceed any further until this issue is resolved. I could make a new save but I now have almost 20 hours on this one.

• Da_HALOSHOCK
    2 posts

Yeah i just got this on PC. now i'm stuck inside the shield and can't leave without dying but i'm gonna die anyway cause they just keep spawning and attacking me but i have no objective to complete.

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

The shield disappeared and now I'm stuck dying since there is no sheild

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry that you're having this issue. Do you have any areas you could fast travel to that are closer to the spawn? Could you provide a video of this issue so I can inform the Valhalla team?

Official Response
  • Whops020
    1 posts

I keep going death in asgard of a glitch with a green sprak

fix this pleas

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@ubi-spud Yes I have fast traveled basically everywhere in Asgard and I don't have permission to send a video

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

undefined
    Good news they saw my post but can't send video cause I don't have perms

• ErfanHy
    6 posts

@anonymous_tea that's great.I can Record Video. Is your problem exactly same as mine? also, why don't you have the permission to send videos?

• EOwalking
    1 posts

went into Asgard under leveled, decided it was a good idea to leave but i did it during the quest " defensive measures" and now when i try to return to Asgard i have a debuff that kills me super quick.

• serranopancake
    1 posts

Same issue here. My biggest complaint is that it never told me the recommended strength for Asgard before I went there. I got the quest to pick the thistle for Valka when I was at like strength 40, got to Asgard and was greeted by a bunch of OP blue giants. Made it as far as the Defensive Measures quest to the same point mentioned but didn't stand a chance without Thor by my side. This is a video I uploaded of the issue.

As you can see in the video, I even tried to fast travel to another location but the hits kept coming.

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@Ubi-Spud

here is a video of what is happening me and several others

• SnoopyKetchup
    1 posts

I'm also having this issue. I don't have closer spawn points. I'm dying in about fives seconds anyway so it wouldn't matter. @ubi-spud

• raphaelzoren
    24 posts

The same happened to me only that in my case I was inside the red circle and enemies stopped spawning, I tried teleporting to a viewpoint but I froze. The way I fixed it was by loading a "exclusive quest save". This will reset the current quest's progress from the beginning.

• SHumiPL
    1 posts

Also suffering from this bug. I woke up in the middle of that shield quest as the enemies were on much higher level. Now I've reached the recommended level but when going to Asgard I get killed instantly.

It sucks because the next England region for alliance is way above my level and only quests at my level are in Agard now.

Suggested Topics