Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Emeralder376
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-woofer Hello, have you been aware of the issue in the quest "defensive measures"? When you "wake up" during this quest you will take continuous damage when you return to Asgard and die in few seconds, making it unable to proceed the quests in Asgard. So far the issue has not been listed in your known issues or megathreads in the forum, so maybe we can post it here as well? For further information please check: Spawn Killed in Asgard | Ubisoft Forums . Add it to your known issue list at least!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

I did the one quest in Asgard where the builder makes the shield and you have to survive the attack. I did that when I was a low level so I went out of Asgard. Now that I am a higher level I tried to do it again but get spawn killed every time because I'm not in the shield. I can't reach the shield in time before I die because its to far

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 522 posts

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry that you're having this issue. Do you have any areas you could fast travel to that are closer to the spawn? Could you provide a video of this issue so I can inform the Valhalla team?

Official Response
  • Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@ubi-spud Yes I have fast traveled basically everywhere in Asgard and I don't have permission to send a video

• Anonymous_Tea
    8 posts

@Ubi-Spud

here is a video of what is happening me and several others

• SnoopyKetchup
    1 posts

I'm also having this issue. I don't have closer spawn points. I'm dying in about fives seconds anyway so it wouldn't matter. @ubi-spud

• raphaelzoren
    24 posts

The same happened to me only that in my case I was inside the red circle and enemies stopped spawning, I tried teleporting to a viewpoint but I froze. The way I fixed it was by loading a "exclusive quest save". This will reset the current quest's progress from the beginning.

• SHumiPL
    1 posts

Also suffering from this bug. I woke up in the middle of that shield quest as the enemies were on much higher level. Now I've reached the recommended level but when going to Asgard I get killed instantly.

It sucks because the next England region for alliance is way above my level and only quests at my level are in Agard now.

• Koobik96
    1 posts

I am unable to progress through the "Defencive Measures" quest, related to Asgard region, part of "The Fate of the High One" storyline. During the quest, an NPC named The Builder creates a shield, which kills enemies when they try to enter it. If the player character moves outside of the shield, they will also take constant ticking damage. During this quest, I have used the option to "wake up", which teleports the player out of Asgard and back to England area of the game, as I was underleveled by the time this quest unlocked for me. Upon return to Asgard, the player character continues to take constant damage, and as the player is spawned on the other side of the map relative to the quest location, I am unable to reach the quest location under the constant ticking damage without dying. This is a hard progression stopper for this particular story arc and I would very much appreciate if it could be resolved in a patch soon. 

• Ubi-Spud

@anonymous_tea Thank you for this video! I have passed this along to the team as part of the bug report. Rest assured this is getting looked into, and apologies to anyone facing this issue.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud

Hi there! Thank you for the report. The developers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. Any updates to this issue will be communicated in the forums.

Official Response
  • jgallemore1
    1 posts

@ubi-spud also having this issue

• games4good
    3 posts

@ubi-spud it seems to relate to the objective of carrying something from one place to another. I've seen this happen in a few quests and that is the commonality between them.

• R4DAR86
    1 posts

SAME! PLEASE FIX

• EpmKabob
    3 posts

Having this same issue.

• tygaddis
    2 posts

@koobik96 Same here

• GRIM-WildXBuck
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue

• daddyj2010
    1 posts

Also having this issue.

• lakirsch
    1 posts

This is still an issue for the "defensive measures" quest - cannot travel to Asgard - get spawn killed each time.

• brokenpizza
    2 posts

i'm also having this issue. any idea when there will be updates made to fix this?

Community details

Users
Topics