Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

I saw a lot of people having this problem but i also saw that Ubi seems to ignore every one of them so i will write it again, maybe if we keep spammig this they will ultimately reach out, for desperation at least.

The problem is that the game start to stutter very badly after some time of playing, and it makes it absolutely unplayable. I'm pretty sure it doesn't depend on the graphic settings cause a lot of people with top PC have this problem. The issue happen sometimes after 1+ hour of playing, sometimes after less than 20 minutes, sometimes only in cutscenes, sometimes totally random. It seem to be often triggered in populated areas, but once it starts, even if you travel in an empty, unpopulated area the stutter keeps growing and the only way to stop it is to close the game.

Now lets talk clearly, i've been playing for 70+ hours and i tried to be patient and optimistic about this, so far it is the only really serious problem i have with the game, but i paid 90€ for this game and being forced to shut it down every time, even after just 15 minutes because of this issue is starting to make me really angry. It's frustrating, and it's even more frustrating to see that nobody at Ubi seems to care about this, it's not even in the "known Issue" thread despite there are lots of reports about the problem and this is getting beyond ridicolous.

Please fix it or at least let us know that you acknowledged the problem..

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kvsh88
    49 posts

@jc-shao make sure you're playing on an ssd and borderless, full screen sometimes work but as of now I do not get stutters. However I do still have some frame drops especially near fire and some populated places. Also remove game bar and ubisoft overlays. And also send a screenshot of the performance graph to ubisoft guys.

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@kvsh88 Already tried everything you mentioned and the issue is still there. In the last couple of days is even getting worse, making the game unplayable after just 15-20 minutes of play. It seems everything can trigger the stutter, even pausing the game for more than a couple of minutes trigger this nightmare. I really don't know what else to do, I'm literally one step from going berserk and destroy everything in my sight. And the worst thing is the ABSOLUTE INDIFFERENCE from Ubisoft Team, it's useless to send them a screenshot if they don't even care of answering on the forum, there are lots of post about this problem and they are ignoring every single one of them..

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@jc-shao dont worry, they will keep ignoring it 😉

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@petteflet88 unfortunately i see that, and it's beyond ridiculous

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@jc-shao I will reply for them! This issue is under investigation. Have a nice day!

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@petteflet88 This is not a joke, if you don't have this problem enjoy your game and shut your mouth

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@jc-shao dude... i have like 10 different problems / bugs. I am stuck on Sons of Ragnar for 28 days now. So NO, I dont enjoy the game

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@petteflet88 Then why being sarcastic about other ones problems?

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@jc-shao i am not. i also have this problem

• NoPhxGvn
    8 posts

@jc-shao are you using a gamepad or mouse/kb?

I had horrible stutter and audio problems when using an XB1 controller on two separate systems. Figured it was just the game and then came across a post in Reddit relating the issues to controllers using bluetooth. Once I switched to a kb/mouse, it completely went away.

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@petteflet88 I thought you were trolling me, sorry for being rude to you then. This situation is really frustrating and annoying

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@jc-shao it is oke! This game is really annoying, it is the worst experience I ever had. I am stuck on Sons of Ragnar now for sooooooo long....

• JC-Shao
    Original poster 10 posts

@nophxgvn I've tried both, nothing changes..

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics