ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• WeaselMilkerSTC
    Original poster 4 posts

Devs, I do not understand this hill you’ve decided to die on. Your players just want to be able to put their hood up and down easily. No “only hood up while crouching” or “no removing hood automatically during cutscenes” or no “can only wear hood in dangerous areas” or no “has to wear hood at all times”. Please stop making these decisions for us. This is my least favorite hood aspect so far because you get to wear it and run around until the fighting starts and then you take it off. And you can swing your weapons with hood up while not in combat, so the animation and such is there. Just let us keep it up and choose to take it off if we want to! Have you guys never played an RPG? RPG means choose what you want, not let us choose for you because we know better! All the NPCs can fight with hoods up which is even more of a middle finger to us! I am really trying to stick with the franchise because of the brilliant premise, but these types of decisions are self destructive. Please allow us to keep hood up, and I’d appreciate it if we got to chose to cover ourselves with the cloak or not. Cloak and hood should be separate mechanics. I’ve seen so many people in forums and Reddit, etc that this is immersion breaking and it totally is! Why not just give people what they want and earn yourselves good reviews and more money! People won’t buy your dlc if the game drives them crazy.

and yes, I understand that historically Vikings didn’t use one handed swords. But they also didn’t speak English and had no way of communicating with Britons. Eivor simply could just reach down and pick up a sword from a guard and keep it. It’s not like they had no access to them. Just let us choose! Let us make the decision on how we want to play! I want to fight with a hood up and a sword like a traditional assassin. I don’t understand why you’re betraying your roots. Please stop stealing options from us and let us play the way we like.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@weaselmilkerstc Because Ubisoft set the rules for AC games. The end. 🙄

• uFamas
    25 posts

@sofajockey EA set the rules for Command&Conquer and look how that played out for them 😊

• Max18400
    411 posts

@weaselmilkerstc I mean...Vikings and Anglo-Saxons did use one handed swords. They were rarer but were the chosen weapons of warriors and leaders. Which makes it even worse they're not in the game.

• Jagglenutts
    14 posts

@weaselmilkerstc
    I agree, I really hope they add the ability to wear the hood and cloak or just the hood at all times, including during combat. It seems to be a pretty popular request so if enough people keep asking for it maybe it will happen.

• aldrichm8
    23 posts

@max18400 ikr, also people keep saying "oh one handed swords were heirlooms and expensive and only the wealthy had them" i call this BS because we are not playing some peasant who cant afford a sword. Even if that was the case, we could just pick up a sword from a saxon wielding one or loot from a place of interest. Is there an official explanation as to why theyve decided not to include 1h swords in-game ?

• Max18400
    411 posts

@aldrichm8 those arguments simply do not work 😂 I could talk for hours as to why they don't work. Ubisoft have responded to a thread on the forum saying it has passed to the dev team for review, so there is hope they'll add them in

• Falconswift
    24 posts

I have grown to like using the long sword, despite it looking too big for Eivor. I would still like one handed swords in the game though.

The hood and cloak are the biggest deal breakers for me. I like the idea behind the cloak and how it works, 100% has a place in the game. I agree it should be a separate slot though. The hood needs to be player choice! Arguably it is one of the main features of AC and not being able to wear it in combat is very disappointing.

The screenshots released for the Paris DLC give me confidence though as you see an Assassin’s with hood up and no cloak.

• speedynl21
    79 posts

the funny thing is his/her grave show a shield/1h sword, but both are not able to wield 1 ingame

• aldrichm8
    23 posts

@falconswift The screenshot you mentioned is just a concept art, as seen with many concept arts of the main game its not the same but if we keep asking for these features maybe they will implement it.

Suggested Topics