Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Daegan87
    16 posts

@shyam3010 yeah, I'm definitely not going to play until it's fixed. There's not point since I'd lose everything when it crashes again.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

I have gotten this one several times on the PS4. Many more than usual it seems to me. Other games would occassionally crash, but maybe only once every 25 or more hours. This one crashes almost every four hours and not in predictable/repeatable places.

So far, I haven't played anything else since I started Valhalla. I'm hoping it hasn't corrupted my PS4 system, like others have reported.

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

@shyam3010 im already at 25 crashes in a couple of days,and now the game crashes sometimes randomly,and today during cutscenes,this is getting out of hand,this is terrible,and it means the game was released without fully testing,im done with this game,not gonna bother anymore,i should file a lawsuit.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear

Yeah, I can't understand it at all. They didn't even take the responsibility of delaying its release to ensure the game is as smooth and complete as possible. Obviously the news of a delay wouldn't have been fun to hear in the moment, but at least it communicates to us that the developers have performed thorough bug-testing procedures and that they CARE about the product they put out. I'd have respected the decision of a delay and definitely wouldn't've minded waiting a bit longer. But this? THIS is what we have to deal with? What a joke.

It's also quite worrying that the issue regarding hard crashes hasn't even made it onto the mega-thread of all the bugs they're apparently working on, especially when there have been hundreds of reports about it. As if it wasn't frustrating enough to discover a bug around every corner in-game, we now can't even ACCESS the game we paid £50 (or more) for!

If this is what they perceive as a finished product, then that says it all. My wallet will stay closed regarding any future ubisoft games.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@daegan87 Exactly. I just hope they iron out the major bugs once and for all and that they do it fairly soon. What a joke.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@thecosmicbob
    Yeah, it's definitely a problem on ubisoft's side and not any of our systems. I've even read hundreds of reports from PC players complaining of the same problem.

Is there a way to check whether the PS4 system has corrupted due to this? Just now I started Valhalla but only to check whether my latest manual save was still there – fortunately it was and nothing's deleted or corrupted. My saved game data for all my ps4 games are still there too, so I think it's fine for me.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@guest-optbogsn I know mate, I completely understand how you're feeling. It's an absolute trainwreck of a launch. I'd strongly recommend that you don't start up the game at all until they've announced that they've fixed it, as you'll risk your saved game becoming corrupted (or worse – your system). The best thing to do is just to wait I guess. Don't know how many more weeks they want to take though.

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

@shyam3010 no problem ,3 more days and then cyberpunk,valhalla is done:D

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@guest-optbogsn The only game I can compare to in regard to the amount of crashing to blue screen is Generation Zero, and that game is made by a small developer team and was released way too early just like AC Valhalla was. Hope they fix a lot with the next patch, but not sure they will....to much too cover I think....

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

I'm now on number nine (9), as it's been reported, with the most recent one happening about 10 minutes ago after "redecorating" my longboat in Ravensthorpe. That's, so far, a total of 9 crashes in just over 134 hours of gameplay. Of all of the games that I've played, and as much as I was looking forward to this one (I'm a fan of Vikings, The Last Kingdom, etc.,) this is the most disappointing one of all....

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@balla_jazzuz the next patch is "mid-December" apparently. Not getting my hopes up though.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear I've read loads of posts across these forums, Twitter and Reddit where people are losing their saves in many ways – including because of these crashes, so I'd highly recommend not playing at all until they've fixed this as well as ALL of the other major bugs. No point taking the risk. I've installed a different game on my PS4 instead and it's a breath of fresh air – especially because it isn't crashing!!

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I have seen plenty of posts similar to mine where people are complaining about the constant crashes. Why isn't mine, or anybody else's, included in the Reported Issues Megathread?

It's pretty worrying.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 636 posts

Hey there, and thank you all for your patience during these busier times. I hope you all are having a good day! I am sorry that each of you are experiencing this CE-34878-0 error! This is specifically a console error for PS4. I encourage all of you to check out our site here and restore your licenses. Then, if you continue to see crashes with this error, please try un-linking your PSN account from your Ubisoft account and then re-link the PSN right back to your same Ubisoft account. You don't have to worry about losing any content or saved progress since it will be the same two accounts that you are re-linking.

Official Response
  • shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@ubikobold
    Hello.

Even though it is displayed as a ‘console error’ it is overwhelmingly likely that nothing is wrong with our consoles, and that this is an error on Ubisoft’s side instead. As stated in my post, I’ve played many other major titles and none of them have ever crashed on me, but running AC Valhalla gives myself and hundreds of other customers a hard time. In fact, after making that post, I decided I’m going to swerve Valhalla until the crashing issues and all the major bugs are resolved. I’ve since installed Skyrim on my PS4 and have been playing that instead. 10 hours in and no crashing whatsoever. Not even a stutter. My fan is back to being as quiet as ever too.
    It’s worth noting that this isn’t just exclusive to PS4 users either. From the many, many recent posts I’ve read about this issue, it seems to also be affecting PS5 and PC users. I personally haven’t come across any reports from Xbox users but that doesn’t rule out the possibility that they are affected too. I can assure you, our consoles ARE NOT the problem. That much is certain.

I appreciate you providing for us a possible workaround to (temporarily?) resolve the crashing issues but, with all respect, I’m not going to perform that. From what I’ve read, a lot of users are having their saved data corrupted and/or deleted due to the crashes. Sometimes it happens even if there hasn’t been any crash. Fortunately, my 50-55 hours worth of progress is still safe, but I’m not going to take the risk of starting the game up again, experiencing a crash, but then also not being so lucky with my saved progress. I don’t just have an extra 50 hours to take such risks. Us gamers shouldn’t have to take a chance with workarounds either, especially with an AAA title. Also as I’ve said, there isn’t any problems on my side. If there was, then I’d experience crashing in the other games I’ve played too. Sekiro has some of the best and most intricate combat animations I’ve ever seen. GTA and Skyrim are huge open world games with a million things to do, and yet, all these games continue to run flawlessly on my system.

The plethora of bugs left a sour taste in my mouth with Ubisoft, but the fact that I can’t play the game for an hour without it crashing may have just been the limit for me. I hope this is being actively worked on and that it’ll be fixed in this “mid-December patch”. In the meantime, I’ll continue to avoid this game.

• Azurephoenix123
    2 posts

57 crashes so far. 110 hours played. 6 different bugs, multiple audio clips missing, and poor rendering.

I mean..... come on. I've never. NEVER had a console game crash. It seems to happen most often during the main scenario quest which I gotta say, that should have been the main priority in coding and development. How are you going to release a game when you can't play the game itself. I've had little to no issue with exploration (some but only one game breaker). If I worked on this project I would be extremely ashamed with myself.

Pro tip ubisoft: instead of cranking out a hot steaming pile of garbage every year, try taking your time and, oh I don't know, BUG TEST YOUR GAME.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

BUMP

Anything? Any mods want to update me on this? I’ll ask again, why isn’t there any acknowledgement of the game constantly crashing on any of your issues/bugs threads? It’s painfully obvious that our systems aren’t the problem. Why are you pushing out Yule content (which, surprise surprise, is bugged too lmfao), when the CORE OF THE GAME is still broken, 5 weeks since release?

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME. I PAID £50 AND I CAN’T EVEN PLAY WITHOUT IT CONSTANTLY CRASHING.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JSRG1840
    80 posts

This happens every other playing session. It is daft that it's happening on a AAA title in 2020

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics