Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

The game is crashing way too often to the point that it's becoming literally unplayable. Prior to the recent patch, it didn't crash for me at all. However I noticed that after the patch was installed, the game crashes on average once every hour for me. The fan in my PS4 is noticeably making a lot more noise while the game is being played, which is incredibly unusual as it has never happened before with any other game I've played and it's always very quiet, even in the middle of games in general.

I've had about 4 hours of gameplay since the patch was installed and it has crashed four times. The crashes are seemingly random, and I'm doing nothing to trigger it. For instance:

1st crash = immediately after I bought a couple of things in Yanli's shop.
    2nd crash = in the middle of a raid. (Had to reload latest save and do the entire raid again. Fun.)
    3rd crash = in the middle of a fight w/ a zealot.
    4th crash = immediately after speaking to Reda.

Funnily enough, the only other times I've experienced a crash in the middle of a game were on AC Origins and Odyssey – although in these games, crashes didn't happen too often (every 10 hours or so), so it was manageable, despite not being ideal. A crash every 10 hours is something I can live with, but a crash every hour in a game that is already riddled with bugs is just taking the mick at this point.

On the same PS4 I've played Sekiro, GTA 5, FIFA 20, Call of Duty etc. and absolutely NONE of these games have crashed on me. This isn't a surprise as my PS4 is in perfect condition and there are zero problems with it. As such, it's pretty obvious that the fault lies with ubisoft. The crashes need fixing since it's literally a game-breaking issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Daegan87
    16 posts

This is the ONLY game I have ever had crash on my ps4 and now I have started to get other errors. I feel like this game broke my system. I keep getting this error and have had to start over the king maker mission twice and have lost all of my progress in that mission. I can't save ANYWHERE during that mission. I can't quick save or do the other save in the main menu. I've had so many issues I don't even want to play until they patch it at this point. I'm not going to keep playing when I can't progress because it keeps crashing and I can't even save to be able to pick up SOMEWHERE in the middle. I paid $120 for a game I can't even play because it's broken. I still haven't gotten through king maker because I'm scared I'll spend the time to go through it again and it will crash. I don't want to play the same mission 5 times.

• Belcechus
    36 posts

@shyam3010 I have the same problem and I reported this error in the Spanish forum and I was ignored. I even sent a message to technical support with screenshots and was also ignored. At this point, I assume that Ubisoft only cares abaut xbox or pc crashes.

• ZenoTheStranger
    6 posts

I haven't had such problems that severe, but I have noticed increased instability, especially after the last patch. The game will sometimes crash when I'm streaming it, either on YT or Twitch, from my PS4, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be a problem.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@belcechus
    Damn, seems like a lot of people are experiencing this problem. And nah, I don’t think they care at all. We’re almost a month since the game was released and they still have a million bugs to fix. I doubt they did any sort of bug-testing prior to launch because the game is literally unplayable at this stage. What a waste of money.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@zenothestranger
    Good to hear you haven’t experienced any major problems. You’re quite lucky. Hope you continue to have a smooth (enough) experience with it. I haven’t touched the game since I made that post

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@daegan87
    Feel your pain man. My advice would be to swerve the game entirely until they’re actually bothered to fix it. They’ve taken our money and they’re taking FOREVER to fix these bugs that should’ve been fixed months before launch. It’s terrible

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

I just reported the 6th such error, since the November 10th digital pre-order launch. Each error happens at random intervals. It even occurred as I was closing this game: press the PS button, then press the Options button, and then select "Close Application".

I have 1 game on disc, "The Division", and it has caused me far less frustration than virtually any other digital (PS4) Library games that I have access to.

I'm not exactly sure why companies seem to think that they have so much pressure on them to appease the fragile and hurried mindset of some gamers. As I've been gaming, since the mid-80s, it's become apparent that this "push" coincides with a "gotta have it now" consumer approach and mentality. Well, I, for one, am so freaking sick of the developers continuing this lacklustre and lackadaisical effort to lazily grasp the gamers with this practically broken "game". Yeah, it has its moments of decent and even funny scenarios, but when a program is being marred by an almost unknowing (to the consumer) game crashing bug, how does this continue to be acceptable?

• Daegan87
    16 posts

@shyam3010 yeah, I'm definitely not going to play until it's fixed. There's not point since I'd lose everything when it crashes again.

• TheCosmicBob
    73 posts

I have gotten this one several times on the PS4. Many more than usual it seems to me. Other games would occassionally crash, but maybe only once every 25 or more hours. This one crashes almost every four hours and not in predictable/repeatable places.

So far, I haven't played anything else since I started Valhalla. I'm hoping it hasn't corrupted my PS4 system, like others have reported.

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

@shyam3010 im already at 25 crashes in a couple of days,and now the game crashes sometimes randomly,and today during cutscenes,this is getting out of hand,this is terrible,and it means the game was released without fully testing,im done with this game,not gonna bother anymore,i should file a lawsuit.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear

Yeah, I can't understand it at all. They didn't even take the responsibility of delaying its release to ensure the game is as smooth and complete as possible. Obviously the news of a delay wouldn't have been fun to hear in the moment, but at least it communicates to us that the developers have performed thorough bug-testing procedures and that they CARE about the product they put out. I'd have respected the decision of a delay and definitely wouldn't've minded waiting a bit longer. But this? THIS is what we have to deal with? What a joke.

It's also quite worrying that the issue regarding hard crashes hasn't even made it onto the mega-thread of all the bugs they're apparently working on, especially when there have been hundreds of reports about it. As if it wasn't frustrating enough to discover a bug around every corner in-game, we now can't even ACCESS the game we paid £50 (or more) for!

If this is what they perceive as a finished product, then that says it all. My wallet will stay closed regarding any future ubisoft games.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@daegan87 Exactly. I just hope they iron out the major bugs once and for all and that they do it fairly soon. What a joke.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@thecosmicbob
    Yeah, it's definitely a problem on ubisoft's side and not any of our systems. I've even read hundreds of reports from PC players complaining of the same problem.

Is there a way to check whether the PS4 system has corrupted due to this? Just now I started Valhalla but only to check whether my latest manual save was still there – fortunately it was and nothing's deleted or corrupted. My saved game data for all my ps4 games are still there too, so I think it's fine for me.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@guest-optbogsn I know mate, I completely understand how you're feeling. It's an absolute trainwreck of a launch. I'd strongly recommend that you don't start up the game at all until they've announced that they've fixed it, as you'll risk your saved game becoming corrupted (or worse – your system). The best thing to do is just to wait I guess. Don't know how many more weeks they want to take though.

• guest-oPTbogsn
    9 posts

@shyam3010 no problem ,3 more days and then cyberpunk,valhalla is done:D

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@guest-optbogsn The only game I can compare to in regard to the amount of crashing to blue screen is Generation Zero, and that game is made by a small developer team and was released way too early just like AC Valhalla was. Hope they fix a lot with the next patch, but not sure they will....to much too cover I think....

• A-CDN-MTN-BEAR
    14 posts

I'm now on number nine (9), as it's been reported, with the most recent one happening about 10 minutes ago after "redecorating" my longboat in Ravensthorpe. That's, so far, a total of 9 crashes in just over 134 hours of gameplay. Of all of the games that I've played, and as much as I was looking forward to this one (I'm a fan of Vikings, The Last Kingdom, etc.,) this is the most disappointing one of all....

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@balla_jazzuz the next patch is "mid-December" apparently. Not getting my hopes up though.

• shyam3010
    Original poster 84 posts

@a-cdn-mtn-bear I've read loads of posts across these forums, Twitter and Reddit where people are losing their saves in many ways – including because of these crashes, so I'd highly recommend not playing at all until they've fixed this as well as ALL of the other major bugs. No point taking the risk. I've installed a different game on my PS4 instead and it's a breath of fresh air – especially because it isn't crashing!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics