Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@martygod12

without random loot there is no need for replayable content.
    After all once everything is upgraded your once more left with nothing to do and nothing to strife for.
    What would be the point to kill zealots of other enemies over and over again if you cant get anything from them thats worth your while??

I reckon once you have upgraded stuff that can be upgraded within this new content frame your pretty soon done for anyway.

Games that revolve around a live service frame and that wants you to keep playing (the ones that are succesfull anyway) all revolve around a good loot system, with random loot in various types: rare, magic, epic, legendaries, legendary sets and uniques.
    Also they have a good skill tree that alows for various builds, which this games doesnt have.

Those games also have many different difficulty settings in which you can progress, again this is where loot comes back into play. For higher difficulty settings you will need better loot.

Anyway i feel like a broken record at this point.

You all want old ac games, but with features that other games have, yet those two arent compatibl.e

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@martygod12 something concrete from Asgard and Jotunheim would be cool too instead of the super dreary grind for skill points.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kreutzgang

You d ont need every skill node in an entire tree. I never use bows and yet every one of the 3 paths has bow skills for example.
    If you coudnt max the entire tree if would also force you to more carefull select your gear set for example.

Now you just dump all your points and it doesnt matter if you wear or use bear, raven or wolf armor and weapons.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 True, same applies for the other weapon slots, but half the time you have to pick them to get the thing after it. But I still think it should ideally be at least 1/3, as you could then at least partially get the perks for the weapons you use from the other trees (which in its current state would require picking other skills from said trees), or they could confine specific weapons to specific trees entirely. As you say, you don't use a bow, and why would a warrior need to? Why would an archer or assassin need to be able to wield some 2-H weapon? A system combining the learning by doing method from Skyrim could also be interesting. I.e. you get good at using x weapon by using it, and not via the skill tree.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@asgardian02 Yes I agree, but random loot is just not going to happen for Valhalla, the would need to rework entire game and the wont do that, I was just trying to make best of the acutall game design present in the game, so at least the gameplay and exploration feel rewarding and fun on first playthrough (second if they implement it I would gladly play the game from beggining if I knew there would be new gear as rewards for various activities). Valhalla is sadly doomed to be the game you only play once I think.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kreutzgang I never got there so I dont know what rewards you can get here, but if you say its just another useless skill points then yeah here too.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@martygod12

well they need to adress the loot at some point especially now that the want to dabble in free to play content and extent their live service for game sover a longer period of time.

Without build diversity and great loot, games like these dont have a longevity.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@asgardian02 I dont argue with you I agree with you, I am just saying that I am afraid random loot is not possible for Valhalla at this point, for other future AC games sure I reallly hope they learn from this mistake and bring back random loot to some extent in future AC games its needed if the want too keep the franchise as an RPG.

• martygod12
    240 posts

In case you wandering about the river raids .... i wathced a youtube stream live for a while .... its not challenging at all just few enemies now and there ... he got one piece of gear in 20 minutes and after raided four locations ... it looks like there be only three new sets .. each for one raid map ... so where is the replayability? after you collect the gear whats the point of doing the raids again?

Most amusing part was when he needed to open a special chest for which he needed the key ... he spend like five minutes finding the key and then the chest contained 70 leather and ore :DDDD omg this game cant be saved I am afraid

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@martygod12 I just started it, and before we could kill even 1 enemy in the first one, the GAME CRASHED. So much for fixing stability lmao

• Max18400
    405 posts

@kreutzgang I thought it goes live in 4 minutes (1pm uk time).

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@max18400 I started the game, it downloaded an update and everything is there, so idk?

• Max18400
    405 posts

@kreutzgang weird. Official statement said it would be released then. I just fired the game up and mine hasnt updated

• martygod12
    240 posts

Apparently only one new set is there lol. But we will get 2215645 more in the store yeeeah

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@max18400 Hmm. I'm in Germany, maybe that makes a diff? I had no idea it was out already and was just gonna do the usual Reda grind 😄 undefined

• martygod12
    240 posts

And the set from river raids just look like a reskin again 😄 omg that is so ridiculous

• Max18400
    405 posts

@martygod12 reskin of which set?

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@max18400

reskin of theng set

• Max18400
    405 posts

@asgardian02 you're joking... F***

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts