Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Unable to progress "A Bloody Welcome" - NPC dead on table, no quest objective listed in top left - Xbox Series X

0 Likes/6 Replies/33 Views
    xliqu1dx
    Original poster 10 posts

Hi - I have logged a Ubisoft support case as well, 13485121, but thought I'd report the issue in this forum as well. Not sure if others have experienced this issue, but I am aware from the megathread that there are several other quests that seem to be stuck.

I am particularly stuck on "A Bloody Welcome". I attended the meeting with Fulke and dead Cynebert, she left and I survived the ambushed. Since then, no other objective has been listed, I killed everyone in area, and nothing to go on. I know I need to go to Canterbury, and I did go there but am stuck as well. At the priory, there's a "dead" Cynebert on the table, but an "alive" Cynebert showing in what seems to be scripted places, and he just mumbles whatever words I cannot understand. No signs of Basim either, which from my understanding I have to do a horse ride with to Canterbury... but again he's no where to be found.

Issue occurred after "surviving ambush", but since then I moved on to do several side quests and explored other regions. Since I cannot proceed with Cent, I went with Jutenheimr and others.
    I've troubleshot everything I can think of, including re-installing game.
    I do not have a save game to back to and have invested probably 10 hours + since this issue, over 60h total.

If someone has an idea and/or confirmation this is a bug which will be addressed in a patch, this would be greatly appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xliqu1dx
    Original poster 10 posts

Hi - would anyone be able to offer support for this issue?

• xliqu1dx
    Original poster 10 posts

@xliqu1dx Just to clarify, my quest tracker is showing no objective - just quest title. I can't progress with story until this is done. Not sure what else to do and deleting my 70h gameplay does not look like a great option...

• lesmiff
    7 posts

@xliqu1dx I am also suffering from this issue, Basim is down the road but after talking to him I receive no quest objective .

• UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@xliqu1dx Hello there! I'm incredibly sorry to hear that you're experiencing this bug in Valhalla. Thank you for taking the time to write this post and get it reported! You had mentioned completing some troubleshooting, but have you tried clearing your console's cache to see if that helps correct this issue? To do this, please turn off your console and unplug it from the wall, wait at least two minutes, then plug it back in and restart the game. Please let me know if that makes any improvements!

Official Response
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

@lesmiff Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this bug. Have you tried completing our technical troubleshooting guide for PC to see if those steps make any improvements with this? If not, please do so and let me know if they help! Aside from that, it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload your save files in a case at support.ubi.com! This would be really helpful for the development team's investigation on the issue. Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics