Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

Since everyone, including me, seems not to be seeing any players to avenge, I wonder if it's because not enough people have died? I wonder if it's worth a bunch of us picking a spot, say Repton, making a save, and then dying. Hopefully this will generate revenge missions so we can all get this challenge. And maybe it would be worth becoming Ubisoft Connect friends first. Thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@ac_khaos I don't believe it's implemented yet, same with recruiting a friends' Jomsviking. Odyssey had a habit of releasing achievements before DLC came out, so you couldn't complete them until it released.

• OlmerGrey
    53 posts

I really think there are semple not a lot of people dying in Valhalla as intended.
    Besides very beginning of the game, when you unskilled and inexperienced, there isn't much of a challenge anywhere that could end up with your death.
    I do remember that I avenger 1 of the player somewhere at the beginning of my playthrough before 1.0.4 patch, and that's about it.
    We gonna need to find a specific spot where everyone will commit mass "suicide" of enemy hand to check that out.

• Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

@fylkirpanzer You might be right, but I have completed the recruit Jomsviking challenge. They just sort of show up at the barracks or in towns - they have the helmet symbol on the map.

• Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

@olmergrey That's my thought too - nobody is dying. I'd like to give it a try. I forgot to mention I'm on PS4.

• OlmerGrey
    53 posts

@ac_khaos
    I'm on pc so it could become a problem.
    There is no certainty that whole "dying/avenging" activities is a cross platform thing...

• Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

@olmergrey Agreed. But we only really need a dozen from each platform.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

I've completed the game, and I think this is actually an issue because enough people have not reached a certain point in the game. Trying not to spoil anything so it is hard to elaborate more.

• Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

@jcar4327 Oh! Hopefully that's it then, and it will resolve itself in time.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    102 posts

@jcar4327 and do you have unlocked "Stinky, but deadly trophy"? Because I finally get swordfish, but trophy is still locked for me 😠
    So many bugs in this game, it is very disappointing... Ubisoft was so proud how they game went GOLD before release.. but when I see this bugs, game is not finished it is pretty obviously. So how the hell can unfinished game be a GOLD? It makes no sense to me..

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@smrtiak-svk No, I'm on Xbox so there is no way to make the fish appear, and without being able to catch those particular fish it's not possible to unlock the trophy.

• ArkhamStealth
    6 posts

@ac_khaos same deal, but I wonder if it's something to do with their servers too, everytime you try to look at someone's photo on the map I get an error

• Khaos004
    Original poster 18 posts

@arkhamstealth Could be. Hopefully either it's fixed or someone figures it out soon.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@smrtiak-svk where did you get your big flatfish, big mackerel, and big bream from as you have the swordfish?

• ArkhamStealth
    6 posts

@arkhamstealth these posts are supposed to get the developers attention, right?

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@arkhamstealth Yeah, they usually don't. Sometimes a community rep will respond and say they have forwarded it to the dev team, but not as often as one would hope.

• Sam_Boo26
    132 posts

I have 65 hours into the game yet, and I saw only one player I could avenge. Ubisoft's server seems to have a lot of problems (I often have notifications about this), so maybe that's another reason why we don't see them a lot.

• JCar4327
    598 posts

@sam_boo26 Where did you see the player you could avenge?

• MissM16
    163 posts

I volunteer as tribute.

Where do you want me to go die?

• MissM16
    163 posts

@olmergrey

"I really think there are semple not a lot of people dying in Valhalla as intended.
    Besides very beginning of the game, when you unskilled and inexperienced, there isn't much of a challenge anywhere that could end up with your death.
    I do remember that I avenger 1 of the player somewhere at the beginning of my playthrough before 1.0.4 patch, and that's about it.
    We gonna need to find a specific spot where everyone will commit mass "suicide" of enemy hand to check that out."

Was this near the synch point by Valka's hut by any chance?

If so, it might have been me. I got stuck in a rock and died.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics