Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• davidl70
    1 posts

While i was gathering the ability books i seem to have pick up a quest item before it was needed and now im at the quest and i wont progress further nothing works so im reporting this to be fixed while i do other alliance areas

• annatomia
    4 posts

@iwajabitw thank you but unfortunately that doesn’t work 😞 I can’t even select the quest, like even though I’m already following the quest it doesn’t show up. I keep getting the message to go to the quest menu to choose one...

• GrimReefer6769
    7 posts

@UbiKobold Any news would be better than no news, so has there been any updates on if this issue is going to be fixed? With nearly 100 hours played and currently sitting at a power level of 248 I'd rather not start over again and HOPE that I don't run into this bug the second time through... We are all waiting for any kind of news or info regarding this major bug being fixed.

• st3v3423
    1 posts
  • waterbrid
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins How long should it take them to respond. I contacted them 7 hours ago but have not gotten a response.

• thewizardhalo
    1 posts

having the same problem i have the brooch in my inventory but can't turn it in hoping there is a fix soon because there is no way i'm starting a new game already have over 100 hours and over 400 skill points.

• RBradigan
    11 posts

Hello,
    I'm on PC and I am experiencing a game breaking bug that physically will not let me progress in the game. I have 70hours in my playthrough, and I am stuck on the "In the absence of an Ealdorman" quest. During this quest, I am required to search the Ealdorman's body for something I can bring back to his son as proof that he is dead. I have already collected the Ealdorman's brooch earlier in my playthrough, and the game doesn't recognize that I already have this item. Now the quest in the top left corner is blank, and there is no quest objective. It only says the quest name, and there are no markers, or anything else for me to do because I cannot collect the brooch again. I picked it up earlier in the story as I was exploring for new items. I have tried verifying my game files but nothing helps. I have already contacted customer support but they have not responded in 24 hours so far and I know many others are experiencing this problem so I hope this post can shed some light on other peoples problems as well. This is the worst type of bug in a game, as it literally disables me from playing anymore. This quest is a part of the main storyline, so I can't do anything until this is resolved. Someone help please.

• CRAZYPSYCHO18
    7 posts

Just ran into this bug, thought I would see if anyone else is having the same issue and yep... seems so ugh
    On all platforms too ... this is EXTREMELY frustrating

• CRAZYPSYCHO18
    7 posts

This mission, “In Absence of the Ealdorman” is still bug, I have the item (Brooch) from the Fathers dead body but after that cannot do/progress any further in this story arc, MANY people on ALL platforms are having the same issue.

• Cm23xTuRnErx
    9 posts

Still haven't heard anything back from ubisoft support on twitter they clearly don't give a [censored] about us... they take the actual [censored].... At this rate I'm going to end up buying call of duty... 😂

• Dayer69
    3 posts

The quest stops tracking when I am supposed to search the area for clues where the Eldorman's boby is.

• Dayer69
    3 posts

In The Absence of the Ealdorman The quest stops tracking when I am supposed to search the area for clues where the Eldorman's boby is.

• Dayer69
    3 posts

The quest stops tracking when I am supposed to search the area for clues where the Eldorman's boby is.

• GrimReaper1979
    2 posts

I picked up the brooch during earlier exploration of the area. The item is in my quest item inventory listed as Hundbeorht’s Brooch but the game does not register this item as being obtained and has halted all progress. I’m 73hours in and won’t be restarting.

no quest objective shows up. The mission just reads In the absence of an Ealdorman with no objectives listed underneath. I can locate Hunwald but he just stands in the building motionless without any prompts to turn in the item. As it is I cannot complete the remaining order missions or progress further into the game as it appears the remaining order members are concealed within missions.

• DonFurinkazan
    10 posts

A little update on my situation here. I first thought i found the problem since I realised this quest was adviced for power level 160 and I was around 120 or so. So I conquered other regions first and came back now that I'm 220, but the bug is still present ... Does this mean I can't finish the game ? It looks like I have to complete every region in order to progress (I don't have any other region left to conquer).

• jokuzzz
    1 posts

I picked up the ealdorman's brooch before the quest started and now when I am supposed to find it by his dead body, I can't. Loading previous autosave saved me, but I los hours of game time due to this game breaking bug. Very annoying.

• Kurfang
    10 posts

[REMOVED - PLEASE DO NOT EXCESSIVELY TAG STAFF]

Ok, Just adding some more folks. I saw today that the mega threads was once again updated and again I see no mention of the issue reported in this thread. There has also been no response to this thread while I see responses in other threads that have been made for other reported issues. Please take a look at my previous post where I mention how this issue is blocking not only us being able to complete the main story line, but also the Hidden ones stuff, and the settlement stuff including reaching level 6. We truly are trying to be patient, but the lack of response from anyone is now at the point of ridiculousness! I am sure this is not on purpose and I know you are busy, but you really need to respond to this thread with something so those who are having this issue, including myself, have some hope that you will actually fix the issue at some point.
    Thank you
    Kurfang

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@ujellynelly Hi everyone! I'm very sorry for any frustration caused by this bug and for any worry caused by it not being added to the Known Issues list or to our Megathread post. These both are non-exhaustive lists, but please rest assured that I have brought this issue to our team's attention to be reviewed further. If those of you who are still experiencing this error can provide the following information as a reply to this comment, that would be extremely helpful for our investigation:

• Did you crash before this issue took place?
    • What platform are you playing on when this happens?
    • If possible, please attach a video link showing the missing quest objective in-game.

Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding while we work to get this issue resolved for everyone!

Official Response
  • luke22008
    3 posts

Ubisoft need to fix ASAP because I’ve now done all other areas but can’t go and do the end game because you have to complete all areas. Why is something like this not fixed in the recent patch it literally breaks the game and stops you from finishing it sort it out

• Kurfang
    10 posts

@UbiExcellent First, a big thank you for replying!! Below are my replies to your questions.

Did you crash before this issue took place? Nope
    What platform are you playing on when this happens? Xbox One
    If possible, please attach a video link showing the missing quest objective in-game. Not sure I can on the XBox One, but will look into it.

I will say that I looted the brooch prior to having the quest, and now I can read the letter from the father but I there is nothing to loot. This is after I say I should find something to take back to the boy.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics