Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• StaplePort2478
    23 posts

Unable to progress. I got the brooch, now the top left corner just has the quest title, no instructions. I went back to give the son the brooch anyway and he doesnt respond. See my other thread i also cant progress in essex bc i can't speak to Rollo which is why i started lincolnshire.

• Emazon_95
    4 posts

@stapleport2478 a lot of players have this bug, it's happened to me 2 weeks ago.
    Up until now there isn't an official response from Unisoft regarding the problem and many players just can't finish the game

• Jamie002020
    8 posts

@justecliptic that's good hopefully it gets solved because at the moment I can't do anything else

• GrimReefer6769
    7 posts

Cant post vid, so posting SS pt 1 of 3undefined

• GrimReefer6769
    7 posts

Cant post vid, so posting SS pt 2 of 3 undefined

• GrimReefer6769
    7 posts

Cant post vid, so posting SS pt 3 of 3undefined

• DAZPAZ101
    3 posts

@ubikobold no crash I looted the broach days before I took the eldorman quest I just thought it was loot whilst I was exploring. So when I did the quest I found his body and was stuck at the point where it says search for proof. But I already have it in my inventory but the game won't let me progress past this point. I'm now unable to move forward and complete the game. This is a game breaking bug

• Pkdelos
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent I experience my bug on PS4. I have free roamed previously to the area and have looted the quest item, without any knoweledge of it at the time. When I followed the quest arc and reached the point that I should loot the item, the item was already in my inventory under the quest items tab. The game wont recognize I have it and does not progress nor displays any objective, as many printscreen here display. I even tried to find the NPC that I would normaly return the item to but nothing happens. Obviously a trigger is not working because the item is already in the inventory.

This is part of the main quest, not being able to finish the main quest line due to a technical issue means that your product does not offer a functional exprerience of what it promised during the sale.

I do realize you are doing your best but not even sharing the next milestone from your side for the issue makes me, a 10 year and 5 games customer, not only negative on repurchasing any of your products but wanting to ask for a refund in this one.

Please do consider an official request and treat it as such.

Best,
    P

• Trickster_Plays
    4 posts

Main story line bug for quest : In absence of Ealdorman 
    Issue: not able to continue the quest
    cause: missing loot chest or the item which is required as proof to show to the ealdormans son

I kept it short and sweet now please fix this quest story line soon the borche is not found in that sewer and also the loot chest or something thats supposed to hold this broche is not present there either.

Have already verified files and and even restart whole quest twice to check.

If anyone know a fix for this or a way around it please lemme know.

• JamesBong88245
    5 posts

Hey Team,

i have looted the quest item [Hundbeorht's Brooch] before the main quest [In the Absence of an Ealdorman] was started. Now after 50h i came back because i wanted to finish the quest.
    Sadly i can not loot the Brooch next to the table, and there is no sign that i can do something. The Brooch is in my inventory but the quest does not continue and i cant give it to Hunwald.
    I reloaded the game alot but i think i can not continue other than going back when i looted the Brooch and this is not an option because it has been 50h.
    Please help me 😃

• JamesBong88245
    5 posts

@trickster_plays Hey, i have the same problem. I think i know why this happens. I was there earlier to get the skill and looted the Brooch already (its in my inventory). Therefore the game thinks the Brooch is not there and it will not continue the questline. Problem solve would be to load the state before i looted the Brooch, but in my case this was about 50h ago so this is not an option... Hope they will fix this soon...

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

Hey all! Thanks for reaching out about this. Our team is currently aware of this issue affecting 'In absence of Ealdorman'. They're currently investigating a solution. The team may need some more information to assist with this investigation. If you'd like to assist with this, you can use this FAQ to locate your save game files. After you have, please create a case with our dedicated support team, and upload your save game to this case!

Official Response
  • JamesBong88245
    5 posts

@ubiwan okay sure will do. Thanks and hopefully this is solved soon 😃

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@jamesbong88245 Hello there! Thanks for reaching out about this. Our teams are currently investigating this issue, and would like more information. If you'd like to assist in this investigation, please create a new case with our dedicated support team, then attach your game's save files to the case!

Official Response
  • JamesBong88245
    5 posts

@ubiwan Already did 😃 Here is the link https://support.ubisoft.com/de-DE/Cases/13494947#documents

• KillerBee4321
    4 posts

I picked up the brooch before I started the mission, when exploring, and I have it in my inventory. However the game doesn't seem to recognize that I already have the item and doesn't let me progress, as if I never picked up the brooch.

• LoudAssassin410
    10 posts

Just like the majority of everyone here, I picked up the brooch while exploring prior to accepting this quest, the quest doesnt recognize that the brooch is in my possession and will not update leaving me unable to progress in this integral main story line,Im over 100 hours in and would rather not have to start a new game over this bug, attached is a screenshot of the situation. 1 of 2undefined

• LoudAssassin410
    10 posts

attaching screenshot 2 of 2
    undefined

• Cougur
    4 posts

I have the bug too. Picked up the brooch before the quest so stuck and unable to progress.

• Cougur
    4 posts

I picked up the brooch before the quest so mot at the point I should pick it up and so it wont proceed despite my having the quest item in inventory.

Suggested Topics