Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

Can we get an official response on this please?

The fact it has gone a month now with no fix in todays update is beyond acceptable. We need to know whats going on.

• TheChetu
    3 posts

This should be a generally easy fix, just run the check to see if you have the item in inventory and let the quest proceed to the next part. I had hoped that the quest would be fixed but not listed in the patch notes for some reason but launched today to the same blank quest objective. Glad I'm stuck at 86% completion because of a gamebreaking bug that Ubisoft can't be bothered to fix.

• Symitri
    3 posts

Incredibly disappointed its not fixed with the latest patch but not surprised, given the prelim patch notes and the lack of visibility of this issue in the Known Issues thread. Would be less annoyed if there was some clear visibility of estimated time of a fix for this becoming available, because my expectation at the moment is that it won't be fixed before 2021 given we're leading into the christmas + nye holiday period. Would love to be proven wrong but not particularly hopeful, which is a shame.

• RBradigan
    11 posts

Was hoping to see this get fixed in this patch because its been a known bug for 1 month now. I put 70 hours into this game in just one week because I was enjoying it so much.... Haven't touched the game in almost 3 weeks because of this stupid bug. They keep saying they are looking into it but other bugs that aren't even game breaking are being addressed and this one isn't. This bug literally prevents people from playing the game.. simple as that. Guess we wont be able to play this game until 2021 guys.. Might as well look to refund it if possible. What a shame

• kosrati
    3 posts

I was all happy hearing patch 1.1 coming out just to get disappointed and knowing the quest "in the absence of an ealdormen" still not working. I have around 80 hours in game and can't finish the game just because I picked up the brooch before the quest. I finished everything else that's possible and we deserve a fix for this quest really fast. It's not acceptable for a company to have 2 updates so far and yet have issues with story bugs please Ubisoft fix your issues

• Zunkietiger
    5 posts

Ubi support, I currently have 155 hours (made the most of quarantine, lol) and have done almost every other thing in the game. Could you please at least provide us a time frame as to when we can expect either a patch or hotfix for this?

• Numbr4B0bby0rr
    2 posts

I'm not able to advance to the next part in the mission after picking up the brooch. It shows it in my inventory but nothing is coming up on the map to advance, I have even gone to where the next mission is suppose to tell me to go and still nothing. I've put in over 100 hours of gameplay and this is the only mission I'm still waiting to be fixed so i can finish the game. I noticed this latest update had a lot of other quest fixes but nothing for this one. I hope this is made aware so they can fix it soon. Not to mention ive spent in game money and it really stinks not being able to complete the game.

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

@tetzai good luck. they told me the game was activated so no refund can be issued. I said bs as it activiates the moment you open the application. how am I supposed to know the game is such a buggy mess. law suit anyone?

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

@kosrati don't worry though. we can't complete the story but they made it so that the enemies level with you. important stuff you know.

• Aerial_Arts
    29 posts

@ubiexcellent
    @UbiKobold
    @UbiWan
    any updates on this? it's embarrasing that a game/progression breaking bug doesn't get addressed in such a major patch/update, especially when it's been know for over a month..
    There were many similar issues in other quests that were resolved so it just seems neglegent at this point guys..

• pnoyguy9487
    1 posts

Yall lagging

• miszczu_m
    4 posts

@imcrazyblah0 By te law and EULA you cant demant any refund. They can sell you faulty product if you agree to EULA.

• miszczu_m
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent

@UbiKobold

@UbiWan

My ticket with screenshots and save file: 13590340

• billar99
    2 posts

I have been waiting over 3/4 weeks now not being able to continue this game due to having looting before the quest. This is ridiculous, now 2 updates have been released now and still nothing. Ive had my account with you guys over 6 years and ive been buying and playing your games for alot longer but after this i wont be anymore.

• nickmhp
    4 posts

@UbiExcellent
    @UbiKobold
    @UbiWan

Oh great there's a patch, I can finally finish the game that I paid for and spent nearly 200 hours on, oh wait no I can't because they haven't fixed it. Far as I can see this hasn't even been deemed important enough to make it onto the known issues post. Great work Ubisoft.

• SQB_96
    3 posts

Played over 100 hours of game, cant progress due to quest "in the absence of an ealdorman " all assinated all of the order, legendary animals but still cant progress in the story line.

• Trickster_Plays
    4 posts

The bug where players already collected the brooch from this quest related area is still not fixed.
    Quest - In the absence of ealdorman
    Issue - quest progression stopped which inturn stopped the whole game progression for me & I havent played anything else other than reda's daily opal contracts (dint pay such a high price for game for such a bug).
    Bug - Brooch (quest item) which is in inventory already which was picked up during early game exploration and now which is required for quest but doe not appear during quest cos its already in inventory and also it doesnt count the fact that its in inventory already which should in turn trigger the marker for me to go back to hunwald (son of ealdorman) to whome I need to return the brooch and give the bad news of his father.
    Expectation - expected the fix to have already happened with this update 1.1.0 but even though it says 'addressed issue for quest so n so" it still hasnt fixed anything.
    dilemma - Starting to wonder if this is still the same team that worked on Origins who had a way of restarting quests or resting them which helped resolve such unwanted bugs. What happened.
    Request - Please introduce a reset quest option or restart quest option to help players reset whole quest with its quest items which helps them get quest done easily without having to stop playing completely cos they cant progress in game.

Please fix this issue soon along with other quest related issues cos it literally has stooped my progression in story and also settlement upgrade.
    Thank you.

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

I will continue to post in here until we receive some sort of official word on this issue. It simply is not okay to ignore such a game breaking bug, when it is affecting so many. I don't care about a Yule Festival, I want to be able to finish the game.

• LightSiege
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent Please fix the brooch bug! I still can't complete In the Absence of An Ealdorman, even after this new patch.

• TomCo92
    4 posts

The Absence of an Eddorman (Chapter 3- Return the brooch to Hunwald)

Anyone else having issues with the map marker and being able to speak to hunwald when returning the brooch?

I’ve seen other users have had the issue where they looted the brooch before the mission and it’s caused the game to completely stop mission progression from that point. Mine isn’t the case, I started the mission as normal, followed it as normal, collected the brooch and did a side mission on the way back to drop off the brooch I hunwald and then the map marker disappeared? I tried to go back where I know hunwald is (In his home in Lincoln) but the speak option isn’t showing and they’re just standing around.

I’ve tried reloading, fast travelling and even loading before the side mission but it’s still the same!! Any suggestions would be great?!

Suggested Topics