Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

Dear Ubisoft,
    As you're clearly struggling to fix this bug, I'd like to suggest a different way forward. This is to bring forward the release of New Game+. This will allow us to begin a new game, but keep the same save file. We'll know not to pick up the brooch early and be able to finish the game we've all paid for. Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that they have deployed a fix in TU 1.3.1 for the issue wherein players were unable to complete the investigation. This issue should now be resolved.

This means that all ongoing issues with "The Absence of an Ealdorman" should now be resolved, and we will be marking this thread as such. If you are still encountering issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" following TU 1.3.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the main game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue that you are still experiencing in-game when progressing through "In the Absence of an Ealdorman."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Adamberm
    1 posts

I have the same problem of not being able to hand the brooch in. In my case though I didn't loot the brooch early, I did it in the main quest as the game expects. There's no quest marker to hand it over but I found him in Lincoln and there's no option to interact. On xbox one.

• KAMLiOo10
    11 posts

@adamberm
    we all here in the same situation my friend
    while all ubisoft can do is watching us and laughing

• guest-L0EEdhSL
    1 posts

We are having the same issue upon bringing the brooch back to hanwald.... It does not show a quest marker in the city.... When I walk into the room all the characters are just standing there and I cannot interact with hunwald and give him the brooch

• Gudder77
    4 posts

@ubi-raziel Going to echo the other comment to this. It is beyond ridiculous that this isn't fixed yet and that Ubisoft continues to roll out new content that is constantly glitched. I understand that the pandemic has really messed with people working remotely and not being able to collaborate the way they have in the past, but a fix needs to be deployed immediately. Players are unable to progress through their games because of this glitch. I would agree that some kind of remuneration for those impacted would be warranted since you have provided a product that does not do what was advertised, which is basically operate in a proper manner and allow the player to complete the story arc. We aren't talking about side content or additional content. This is main storyline content that is not working.

• Aerial_Arts
    29 posts

@victormelfman at this point in time that would actually be quicker to just go through the game again, than actually waiting for a fix..

although with how horrifyingly hard it is to implement a "check for item - move [censored] along" patch.. can you imagine how many of the ubi staff would have to work themselves into the ground for ng+...

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

lawsuit anyone?

• EQ-Geckoface
    9 posts

@aerial_arts In the december issue of gameinformer they have a big article on ACV that only mentions small issues with the game so you may have a legitimate point here.

• Arcturus52
    1 posts

As everybody here I'm experiencing same issue with picking the brooch before accepting the quest line. here is case num. 13672997
    I hope that it will be fixed soon

• HateYourFace69
    10 posts

Same thing here. Have completed almost everything else, just stuck on this mission. Very irritating considering the ease of the fix and the cost of the game. The very definition of a game breaking glitch. I expect they will wait until there is an update that fixes like 1000 bugs instead of taking 5 minutes to hot fix it. Maybe February?

• HateYourFace69
    10 posts

You don't have to pick up the brooch early to get the glitch. I picked up the brooch as part of the mission and same thing. Actually think everyone is stuck in the same place. No fix this quarter probably. I will think long and hard about purchasing another Ubisoft game. Watchdogs was full of bugs and AC too. Looks like they don't care anymore.

• HateYourFace69
    10 posts

You don't have to pick up the brooch early. Mission is broken and has not been addressed in any fashion. I have a save file right before the mission and no matter how many times I pick up the brooch. the mission fails to advance.
    Expectation: None. They already have your money and don't give a hoot about our complaining. If I could access the code I could hot fix it in like 5 minutes and I'm a novice.

• EQ-Geckoface
    9 posts

Every time I turn on my ps4 the first thing I do is look at the notifications to see if there is a ACV patch to fix 'In the Absence of an Ealdorman'. There are a lot of problems with this game but that one is keeping me from playing it. I sever seen anything worst than Fallout 76 until now.

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

Would be nice for actual responses from ubisoft on this, and yet CDPR is getting sued by their investors. they had 1 bad launch but with ubisoft it is a continuous problem that gets worse every bloody game.

• Pifimifi13
    1 posts

@trickster_plays Same here. Last Arc, 115 hours spent and now waiting for them to fix it. Saw on reddit people posting about it 20 days ago and still nothing has been done about it.

• NightGoblinX
    3 posts

This issue just happened to me after 100+ hours gameplay. Didn't realise I already looted the brooch while exploring. Hope it will be fixed soon so I can finish the game.

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

When are we going to get some sort of timescale on a fix here!?!? THIS IS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE/SUPPORT.

You guys realise this is part of the MAIN QUEST LINE right? We literally can't finish your game until YOU FIX THIS. I am just about at the end of my patience waiting for this fix and I think the communication from Ubi has been absolutely disgusting thus far. "we've passed it along" "under investigation" "upload your saves" "The team are looking at it". Words, words words. It's a simple fix.

FIX YOUR BROKEN GAME.

• jdepaiva
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mrdazo
    2 posts

Will not progress in the game when you already got the quest item in advance

• miszczu_m
    4 posts

They just close my case. They can't sort it so close case. What a joke that ubisoft is.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics