Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

@ubi-woofer I purchased mine in the Ubisoft store, does this mean I am eligible for a refund and how do I go about this? I pre ordered the game from the ubi store, gold edition - and have not been able to finish it due to this broken quest. I am tired of seeing the same ‘investigation’ response being recycled to me when this issue is over 2 months old. How do I get my refund?

• DatKidJayO
    1 posts

Still can’t interact with item to complete this missing. Has been over a month pending a patch.

• wrj95
    1 posts

@colinls17 This is exactly my problem also! When will it get fixed aha

• Pkdelos
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer I have provided specific details here previously... Here it goes again. System is PS4. Looted the brooch while free roaming. Played the quest arch afterwards. Reached the milestone where I should loot the brooch. No brooh to loot obviously. Brooch is already in my inventory. System does not recognize that. Quest indicator on screen does not change. Quest does not progress. Event went to the NPC I was supposed to deliver the brooch but obviously is not responding. System/code (or whatever) should recognize that brooch is in inventory even without the trigger action of picking it up....anyways cant finish the game cause settlement cant reach lvl 6...very dissapointed...any recomendations on how to finish the game without finishing this quest arch?

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

@ubi-woofer would be nice but your horrid company refuses any kind of refund on its broken software. i have been waiting since mid nov for a bloody fix and this is not acceptable. you need to contact higher ups about issuing refunds to us.

• AndyBroon81
    2 posts

I've had this problem since early December - have completed over 80 hours in game, have pledged all areas I'm able to, and am basically unable to continue the game due to this bug.

I'm playing on an XBox Series X - I didn't experience a crash before or after getting the brooch, and I didn't loot the brooch prior to the quest either - I retrieved it during the quest, and it simply doesn't show the quest marker on the map, or in the world. I can stand right next to Hunwald, and it won't prompt him to take the brooch off me.

I've been waiting over a month for this to be fixed in one of the patches or updates, and nothing. Ridiculous considering how much money is charged for the game, and how long I've spent before now playing it.

• cjf3rules2
    7 posts
    Yeah same here I can’t continue the main story quest at all, just stuck here and can’t turn it in as there no objective or turn in place or interaction

Same here. This is ridiculous!

• KAMLiOo10
    11 posts

undefined
    this is a patch notes for update that ubisoft announced 2 hours ago and wil release it after 12 hours from now
    hopefully they will finally fixing our issue by the right way 🙏🏻

here's the link 👇🏻
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/92617/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-1-1

• imcrazyblah0
    17 posts

@kamlioo10 hope so but too little too late. they lost a lot of customer over this [censored] poor customer service.

• LoudAssassin410
    10 posts

@kamlioo10 @imcrazyblah0 I completely agree, they lost a alot of customers over this, Im the type of person that usually buys helix stuff for new playthroughs etc,I dont think I will this time around honestly,why buy extra stuff for a broken game you know?.Its good that they're addressing an issue with this quest but does anyone know which issue it was?There is SOOO many bugs with this quest alone and I really dont have that much faith that its completely fixed and some people may continue waiting for a fix.

• meep2meep
    10 posts

Could someone from Ubisoft please describe EXACTLY what was fixed in the most recent patch with regards to this quest? I've been experiencing the progression glitch from looting the broach early since week 1 of this games release. I've been closely watching this thread and have yet to post as I believed the team was actually working on this. I can't provide my save as I'm playing on Ps5. If you'd like I can upload video of Eivor running around in circles for you (which shows a nonexistent quest marker). Listen, forum moderators, I know this is not your fault and I've seen how belligerent some post have gotten in this forum. This isn't fair and the lack of transparency from the development team and the company is becoming cruel. I've loved this series for 15+ years and this has ruined it for me.

• Harroguk
    11 posts

My check this morning says that it does NOT fix the missing quest marker to "Search the hospice"

Still broken for me, still unable to complete the game, have done EVERYTHING else there is to do 😞

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Todays update 1.1.1 HAS NOT FIXED the almost THREE MONTH long bug of not being able to hand in the brooch if you looted it before the quest started.
    So thats it. Im done waiting.

As previously stated I purchased my game from the Ubisoft Store, I have all my proof of purchase emails etc. So please let me know who to contact to receive the refund you spoke of @ubi-woofer 

I'm done with your broken game.

Thanks for nothing
    A loyal fan.

• nin8220
    9 posts

No change with this New update on Xbox one. [censored]!!@

• pr1nc3ssnix
    2 posts

Also still broken for me, despite the patch notes claiming otherwise. Asking for a refund, this is ridiculous.

• meep2meep
    10 posts

Please forward this to the development team. I doubt this will help but it at least shows the game bugged.

• wjx19910815
    6 posts

After 3 months of waiting, I applied the 1.1.1 patch. The update log shows that the bug has been fixed, but there is no change after I entered the game. I still cannot perform this task and complete the game, so the Ubisoft team Tell me, what did you fix?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of these issues with “In the Absence of an Ealdorman”. First and foremost - I sincerely apologise that today's patch has not addressed all of the issues reported. We’re continuing to investigate the issues which we haven’t yet been able to find a fix for, and I will be continuing to update this thread with the progress of each issue's investigation. I’m pleased to say that TU 1.1.1 has fixed the specific issue with investigating the three clues as part of this quest however, which should allow several of you to progress.

For those of you affected by that issue in particular, after the title update is deployed and you update your game, you should find that you are able to complete the investigation of the clues and proceed with the quest. If you should come across continued issues with this, please let me know here in the thread and I can reopen the relevant investigation with the development team.

I’ll continue to provide updates on the remaining issues as and when they become available; please refer to my previous post if experiencing any of these and provide me with the information stated as needed if at all possible. It would be a massive help to the team and would be much appreciated. Thank you. 🙂

@PoisonAkuto You are welcome to submit a refund request as I have stated, however there is no guarantee that it will be granted if your request does not fall within our digital refund policy. You can find instructions for requesting a refund if eligible in our guide here.

Official Response
  • pr1nc3ssnix
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm also one of the people who picked up the brooch before starting the quest arc, and can confirm that bug remains unchanged.

• Harroguk
    11 posts
    @PoisonAkuto You are welcome to submit a refund request as I have stated, however there is no guarantee that it will be granted if your request does not fall within our digital refund policy. You can find instructions for requesting a refund if eligible in our guide here.

"You can request a refund for a digital order within 14 days of your purchase, as long as the content has not been launched."

Looks like no refund for you.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics