Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• elemento8
    2 posts

No crash, nothing. Just doesn't work. Got the clues, got the brooch, no one to give it to. I can't even find Hunwald. This is ridiculous. Actually, what's more ridiculous is how long it's taking to get a fix for this. We all paid way too much money for this game to not be able to play it.

I'm on Xbox Series X. Do better!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that they have deployed a fix in TU 1.3.1 for the issue wherein players were unable to complete the investigation. This issue should now be resolved.

This means that all ongoing issues with "The Absence of an Ealdorman" should now be resolved, and we will be marking this thread as such. If you are still encountering issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" following TU 1.3.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the main game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue that you are still experiencing in-game when progressing through "In the Absence of an Ealdorman."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RamirezPlayer1
    3 posts

@elemento8 same! I’m just going around doing wealth mysteries and atifacts. Sucks because I can’t finish and get the end game loot too

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

@ramirezplayer1 You just need to wait for Ubisoft to get round to fixing the quest. This has been broken since day 1. Find something else to play and come back in a month. Welcome to the frustration.

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

@esmeralda1458 Thanks for your reply. There's so many bugs in this quest and others, that I was very wary of starting again. I'm just going to play other games and check back periodically.

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

This is the last time I pre-order a game from anyone. Between this and Cyberpunk 2077, game companies are going to have to prove themselves to me before I part with my hard-earned cash.

• BoB_taka1982
    2 posts

The next destination disappears and I can't proceed, before quest that get a brooch.

• downloadtaky
    17 posts

It seams that Stadia version of this game is not affected by this bug so why Ubisoft doesn't give us a code to unlock this game on stadia? In this way we'll be able to complete the mission and go on.

• DTL_55
    2 posts
    @ubiexcellent i have the same problem in my PS4. Please do something, its have passed  several month now

• DTL_55
    2 posts

Wouldnt it be an idea to makeup IT possible to Restart a Quest..

• Arthur.Morgan
    7 posts

@dtl_55 At least I managed to complete the whole Cyberpunk and all side quests 2 times with some weird glitches but you can finish the game. Valhalla Ultimate Bundle has 2 times higher price and nobody gives a [censored] since December 7th saying that my problem is under investigation. Although they have plenty of time for new sets, some NY events, boosters and other staff. While people just cannot complete this 100 hours rush for nothing. We cannot even refund this garbage.

• FreelancerND
    4 posts

Niiice. Has 3 regions left and decided to take on Lincoln before the rest. And what do I get? I get punished for me liking to EXPLORE the open world game, how neat is that?
    So I was in the castle before the quest, took the brooch and now I am stuck as everyone else. Because it's a focking Schrödinger's brooch, it's in my inventory and at the same time it does not.
    And there I was thinking about getting a season pass, uhuh, no way.

• KendrickJet
    1 posts

I’m on Xbox one. I started Lincolscire by chatting to hunwald on my home dock. But then I changed to go do Vinland. Came back and started Linconscire from the next step as it remembered I’d already met him on the dock. I got all the way to the sewers and found the brooch. I was sailing around the coast to give it to hunwald. Raided a military camp. Then at some point the quest marker disappeared. I think it was when I hit the left d pad from pause to go to the main menu to make a save, but it crashed before it showed the save load buttons stating ‘loading’. I had to hard reset to make it work again. But I can’t get my quest marker back and it’s also missing from older saves. Please sort this.

• AmyyNoell13
    1 posts

even After the most recent update (1/14/2021), I still can’t see the quest marker on the map or while running around. I have the quest selected and everything and I’ve cleared that stupid castle probably 4 times in hopes that it will just magically start working again. I can’t talk to the random woman in the cellar or interact with anything for the quest step. I’m assuming the guy in question is the dead guy, but how would I know because I can’t progress at all.

this is literally the last part of the game I need to complete. Can you please fix this, I love all assassins creed games and have beaten every single one of them and I’m going to get extremely frustrated if a “bug” is going to keep me from completing this one.

• Jin_Bambino
    6 posts

I am having this problem even after the update to fix the “in absence of an ealdorman” issue.
    I previously explored the whole world map long before the story to include the town of Lincoln.
    my game did not crash. I found Hundwald’s father and I’m stuck at the point where I have to show/give Hundwald the item. It won’t let me speak to him. Please help. I cannot throw away 270+ hours. Thank you and regards!

also, since I first ran into this issue, I’ve done many other arcs so my temp saves would just equal loss in time either way.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

Hi @BoB_taka1982
    This is currently being investigated by the dev team. To help with the investigation, would you be able to share your save file with us?

Official Response
  • BoB_taka1982
    2 posts

hi, @ubi-ginge
    Thank you for contacting us.
    The file is uploaded on the URL below.
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Cases/13572572
    Please confirm.

• ASG7597
    5 posts

the lay of hunwald ac valhalla glitch

It wont let me find the ring of the aldermen so i can give it to hunwald. Can you send a patch asap

• vLuckk
    3 posts

So as far as I'm knowledged this glitch only seems to happen to the older saves before patch and people who had been into Lincolnshire before the patch because what I'd assume is they put a new brooch in place (One that works and triggers the instance) as I've heard a few people who hadn't been into Lincolnshire before patch have their quests working. Or thars what im picking up anyways. Still annoying though.

• IJsco113
    2 posts

@andybroon81 My situation is identical.

• guest-5XSaId0o
    1 posts

Bug: Lincolnshire absence of an Ealdorman quest
    I have found the Ealdorman dead and it says that I need to collect evidence of this to give to Hunwald. I already have the brooch as I must have raided the area before although I have no clue when and so I cannot find the brooch (there is no objective) to continue with the quest and the Lincolnshire arc. I am on ps5.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics