hi, @ubi-ginge
    Thank you for contacting us.
    The file is uploaded on the URL below.
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Cases/13572572
    Please confirm.

• ASG7597
    5 posts

the lay of hunwald ac valhalla glitch

It wont let me find the ring of the aldermen so i can give it to hunwald. Can you send a patch asap

• vLuckk
    3 posts

So as far as I'm knowledged this glitch only seems to happen to the older saves before patch and people who had been into Lincolnshire before the patch because what I'd assume is they put a new brooch in place (One that works and triggers the instance) as I've heard a few people who hadn't been into Lincolnshire before patch have their quests working. Or thars what im picking up anyways. Still annoying though.

• IJsco113
    2 posts

@andybroon81 My situation is identical.

• guest-5XSaId0o
    1 posts

Bug: Lincolnshire absence of an Ealdorman quest
    I have found the Ealdorman dead and it says that I need to collect evidence of this to give to Hunwald. I already have the brooch as I must have raided the area before although I have no clue when and so I cannot find the brooch (there is no objective) to continue with the quest and the Lincolnshire arc. I am on ps5.

• Skizm18781
    1 posts

@jin_bambino Same issue.. this patch did not fix a thing with this particular issue... my question is how hard is it to just allow for a "Quest Restart from the beginning" not ideal but still a work around... or "if X (being the Brooch) is in Y (Players Bag) then Z ( Trigger Turn in)...

• downloadtaky
    17 posts

Rumors says that there is a new patch coming. Do we have an ETA and will this quest be fixed?

• Wasley123
    1 posts

Any news on the absence of an elderman fix. Lincolnshire arc... I have nothing left to do???

• Aerial_Arts
    29 posts

@downloadtaky yeah i\ve seen a couple of people reporting on it jorraptor / on yt among others, but so far it doesn't seem to ba an eta for that patch.. though additional fixes for this quest in are in the list of issues being adressed.
    But then again we all know how well that worked last time.. lol

• HateYourFace69
    10 posts

My issue since November, is the mission just dumps. When I reach LIncolnshire my mission icon just disappears. I have not obtained the brooch and going downstairs doesn't activate a cut scene and no investigate markers appear. Just nothing and picking up the brooch doesn't progress the mission. I have tried using an earlier save and reinstalling my game to no avail. Every time I try this mission it just dumps. Update fixed nothing on Xbox one.

• HateYourFace69
    10 posts

@victormelfman I tried playing through again. When I reached Lincolnshire the quest marker for the brooch just disappears like it did the first time. This was after the supposed fix.

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

How hard is it for Ubi to talk to their player base. we NEED a timeframe for this fix. It is beyond a joke.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello all!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you all for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of the issue in-game. As mentioned earlier by Ubi-Woofer, TU 1.1.1 did not resolve all issues regarding this quest. We are sorry to hear that this issue still persists following the update, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. At this moment in time, we are unable to provide an ETA regarding a fix for these issues. Once we have more information to share regarding this, it will be posted within the forums, so please keep an eye out!

I can see that the development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play the game on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for investigation. Once you've done this, please share your ticket number within the thread so we can ensure that this data is passed on to the team. Thank you!

I'm now going to take the time to respond to some specific comments that have been posted in the thread following the last update.

Some of you have mentioned that you would like to request a refund. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to open a submit ticket and make a request. I would recommend taking a look at our digital and physical refund policies prior to this, and please note that there are no guarantees that a refund will be offered if you are not eligible following these.

Additionally, some of you have requested compensation. Please note that this is at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team, and that the player support team has no sway in this. If compensation is to be offered to our players, this will be shared on our official platforms and via a notification in-game.

@SordidMeerkat14 - Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues in other parts of the game. I would recommend checking out our megathread list first, to see if these have already been reported. If you can't find your issue here, please can you open up a new thread? This will allow us to keep the investigations separate, and to avoid loss of information. Thank you!

@Aerial_Arts - I'm sorry to hear you had trouble in opening a support ticket. If you're unable to open one, please note that you can also reach out to the team via live chat, Twitter and Facebook.

@captainjack03 - Thank you for creating a support ticket. I can see that you have been in touch with a member of the support team. I was unable to find a copy of your save file, so would you be able to attach this again for us? Please let us know here once you've done so. Thanks!

@DonFurinkazan - Thanks for uploading your saves as well! I can see that these have been passed to the development team already. Please note that a case will be automatically closed 4 days following the last agent response. This doesn't mean that the investigation has finished, though! You are also welcome to reopen a case at any time if you would like further updates. Apologies for any confusion caused.

@TheZirx - Thank you for submitting your save file! I've now passed this on to the development team.

@BoB_taka1982 - Thank you for taking the time to submit your save file too! I've now passed this on to the development team.

Thanks all!

Official Response
  • KAMLiOo10
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis
    again and again and again 😂😂😂

i just feel that i will get old and die while you keeping send this same message every week and still "investigating"

they already investigated the whole moon in less time than this 😂

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

@hateyourface69 Thanks for sharing. I haven't started again. I'm just playing other more reliable games.

• VictorMelfman
    11 posts

You've said "We are sorry to hear that this issue still persists following the update". So this indicates that you believed you'd fix all of the bugs. So when you tested this yourselves everything worked fine did it? I think not! How do you still require save files; surely you have enough by now? I just can't communicate how strongly I feel let down by your continued avoidance of fixing a game breaking bug and focusing all your efforts on sucking more money from my wallet with new store content. This is short sighted. You might make a few pounds the now, but your risking the long term impact of players not buying any new games from you for years to come. Come on, get your act together Ubisoft.

• captainjack03
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis The support system didn't let me upload my save files (it kept erroring) so I uploaded them to OneDrive which is why you might not be able to see them.

I am uploading them again here, let me know if this doesn't work. Thank you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_O6Cpg5HSZgsalVOtOWoXA_v63iBE?e=DZkFhw

Update: Just tried to submit them to the support case again and I keep getting an HTML error so that is still not possible unfourently.

• SBHeathcote
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis

71 days since UJellyNelly told y'all something was wrong.

I opened a new ticket. attached a save, in zip. ticket # is 13955034.

"PLEASE NOTE that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes. "

No [censored], really? wild.

As for compensation and refunds? Epic told me to go [censored] into the wind despite acknowledging y'all shipped a broken product. so I'm just not going to buy anything else that Ubi touches unless you make this right with your customer base, regardless of platform. There's more than enough games out there that I can literally avoid an entire publisher over this.

• Aerial_Arts
    29 posts

@ubi-borealis Already reached out to your team on other channels, after the initial "Hi how may i help you" they went dark and i haven't gotten a respones in weeks there either....

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hey all!

@VictorMelfman - Please note that several issues are being discussed within this thread. As mentioned by Ubi-Woofer earlier in the thread, we had believed that specific issue in which some clues were unable to be investigated was resolved. Following TU 1.1.1, several players have reported that this issue does still persist for them, so the development team are taking a closer look at this. We apologise for any disappointment caused.

@captainjack03 - Thanks for sharing those! I'm sorry you had trouble opening a support ticket. I've now passed these on to the development team on your behalf.

@SBHeathcote - Thank you for taking the time to submit your save file. I've passed this on for further investigation. Please note that we are unable to have a say in another retailer's refund policy, and that those requests are at Epic's discretion. Regarding compensation, this is at the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team, and is something that the player support team has no sway in. If compensation is to be offered to players, this will be shared on official platforms and via notifications in-game.

@Aerial_Arts - I'm sorry to hear this. I'm aware that, due to contact volumes being high, there has been a delay on response time. Would you be able to update your case for me? This will allow it to be forwarded to the correct team. Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics