Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you are not able to progress this quest.

Can you provide us with a video detailing this issue?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that they have deployed a fix in TU 1.3.1 for the issue wherein players were unable to complete the investigation. This issue should now be resolved.

This means that all ongoing issues with "The Absence of an Ealdorman" should now be resolved, and we will be marking this thread as such. If you are still encountering issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" following TU 1.3.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the main game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue that you are still experiencing in-game when progressing through "In the Absence of an Ealdorman."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DonFurinkazan
    10 posts

Hello,

I'm on PC and I have an issue with a quest, but I'm not able to contact the support directly, so I thought I'll post here. Thing is I'm stuck at the step "Discover where the sewers lead" in the "In the absence of an Ealdorman" quest. First of all, the quest doesn't appear in the top left corner of my screen while playing, although it's the quest I'm currently following (see both images below). But that's not really what bothers me.
    The real problem is, when I get through the sewers to Roargin Meg's Spring, there is no dead body to investigate where there should be some ... So I can't continue the quest. (see second image below)
    Of course I already tried meditating or fast travelling out and in again, going back to the beginning of the sewers and make all the way down again. I tried killing everybody, even in the baths up there and around, but nothing made the corpses appear.
    Any help or workaround would be much appreciated if someone already met this issue.

-

• Really_Dazed
    5 posts

I have this same problem and my progress went to a grinding halt. I really hope they fix this in the next patch.

@donfurinkazan Use your Odin's sight to pick up clues in the area.

• Really_Dazed
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Really_Dazed
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DonFurinkazan
    10 posts

@really_dazed Odin's sight sadly doesn't highlight anything in the area. By the way, I tried restrating the game a bunch of time and verifying the files via Uplay too.

• mitche44
    1 posts

I looted the brooch from the chest while exploring before I started the quest line. I am now up to the part in the quest where I need to get the brooch but its already in my inventory and the game does not recognize that I have it or have the chest to loot the item again.

• Kurfang
    10 posts

@ubikobold Another person reporting the issue, can we get an update on if this issue is being looked at?
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84524/unable-to-progress-the-quest-in-the-absence-of-an-ealdorman

@mitche44 Hey there! Gonna add your issue to the below thread in hopes they add it to the list of issues they are looking at.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81837/in-the-absence-of-an-ealdorman-brooch-turn-in-bug/5?_=1606060666479&lang=en-US

• Kurfang
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Cm23xTuRnErx
    9 posts

Alright guys update 1.04 rolled out today for valhalla and I thought I would let you lot know that the game is still broken.... This has not fixed the mission at all....

• SHINOW_FR
    9 posts

Same here and 1.0.4 do nothing.
    Stuck in my progress one week ago.
    Really bored cause i expected patch will solve the problem.
    Obviously not.

• Sazper112
    3 posts

I have the same problem... I have finished everything else, but i cannot progress in the main story because of this bug. really annoying. The patch fixes nothing.

• Sazper112
    3 posts

@perfectpeter I have the exact same problem.

• PerfectPeter
    9 posts

@sazper112 Yes the patch doesn't fix it for me either, but it's ubisoft, so i don't expect a fix anytime soon

• SHINOW_FR
    9 posts

well... they don't.

• Sazper112
    3 posts

@ubikobold The new Patch update did not fix the problem on PC.

• SHINOW_FR
    9 posts

Hi.
    Same problem for me and the 1.0.4 patch do nothing. At less on PC.
    How long do you think it will take to solve the issue cause i'm stuck in my progress and i really want to continu playing despite the other less annoying bug ?
    Thanks.

• Cm23xTuRnErx
    9 posts

@sazper112 it did not fix it on ps4 either just be clear on platforms

• mgamel
    1 posts

Just installed the patch and this is still broken. I can't begin to tell you how disappointing this is.

On PS4
    Restated multiple times
    Restated mission multiple times
    Downloaded patch 1.0.4
    Restated several times after installing patch 1.0.4
    Restated the mission multiple times after installing patch 1.0.4

** if you could just drop the medallion from the order person I need in my inventory then you can take as long as you want fixing this **

• rickytws
    1 posts

@ujellynelly yes same as me. waste my 100 over hrs.
    I have to begin the story mode again

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics