Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1029 posts

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you an update on the issues we're aware of with "In The Absence of an Ealdorman". I am aware that more than one of these issues has been ongoing for a while, and I sincerely apologise for the time it is taking for these issues to be resolved. The developers are working hard to isolate the causes and implement fixes as soon as possible. I'm continually passing information forward regarding these issues alongside my colleagues as well, and any additional reports, save files and images/videos are as ever, much appreciated. Please find the latest updates I have right now below:

• Unable to proceed as the brooch has been looted prior
      • Comments: I've reached out to the developers to get more information about the current status of the investigation, as we have not received an update ourselves in a little while. lf any further information is needed, I wil reply again to request this. I hope to be able to share some further insight soon, and sincerely apologise for the delay in resolving this particular issue, as I know it is the oldest recognised issue with this quest.

• Body for investigation in Roaring Meg's Spring is missing
      • Comments: As above, I've prompted the developers for an update on this. Of all the reported issues this one has seen the fewest reports, and I do not believe they were able to reproduce it yet, so it may be that further information is required. If so, I will let you all know.

• Cutscene does not play after finding the Ealdorman's body
      • Status: Affected save file required for further investigation
      • Comments: The developers require a save file to investigate this issue further; @Buddhess1975, I reported this following your post - if you play on PC or PS4, could you possibly send over your save files for further investigation if this is still an issue for you? If anyone else is affected and could provide a save file, that would be fantastic as well.

• No quest objective available after a crash in-game / log out
      • Status: Fix scheduled for an upcoming patch (date not confirmed)
      • Comments: I'm pleased to say that the developers have confirmed that a fix is coming for this issue in a future update! I don't yet know the full contents of that update or when it will become available, however I will keep you all updated.

• Unable to complete the investigation of the three clues
      • Comments: I've requested an update from the developers about this issue as well, as while it could not be reproduced, we've received multiple reports both here on the forums and via support cases. I hope to share additional information soon.
      • Edit 14:30 GMT: The development team have advised that they are still working on the issue at the moment and have not yet identified a fix. They will keep me updated. I apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 😞

• Unable to speak with the hospice nurse / nun
      • Comments: This issue, reported via a support case, was unable to be reproduced by the development team. If you are experiencing a similar issue, please provide a video and, if possible, your save file, so that this investigation can be reopened and fresh reproduction attempted. Thank you!

@LoudAssassin410 - Please refrain from working around our censorship filter, as this is punishable in the exact same way as using the abusive / offensive language directly. I have manually censored your post and would ask that you do not repeat this behaviour as sanctions will be imposed as appropriate. Thank you.

@rustynailz121 - Please do not open multiple cases for the same issue. If your support case closes due to no response on your side (they automatically close after four days after we reply to you, if you do not reply to us) a reply to that case will reopen it for you. You are welcome to update the same case, but please do not create multiple, as this does not help us to help you effectively.

@ShrillSmile - If your first issue is related somewhat to the issue with the bodies in Roaring Meg's Spring / the sewers, please refer to my update above for this. I have not seen an issue with the key however, so if you can provide a video showing that you do not have this in your inventory and that one is needed to progress, that would be great. Your second issue (B) is not one I recognise from your description so if you could give me the quest name and the region it is in in a separate thread for that individual issue, that would be ideal. Thanks!

@RBradigan - The developers are working hard to resolve the issues with this quest and I am keeping everyone here as updated as possible with the latest developments in their investigation. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Please refer to my updates above as well as each previous update provided by myself and my colleagues for more guidance on the progression.

@Maybe2Maybe3 - It sounds like you may be affected by the issue which is now scheduled to be fixed in a future update, whereby a new objective does not appear for the quest. Please keep an eye on this thread as I'll post details of when the fix is due to be implemented when this information becomes available.

@HateYourFace69 - These issues are very much still being investigated and the developers are working hard to find fixes if they can. Please do not lose hope! I'll keep everyone updated here as best I can.

@hamburglar1968 - If you're still experiencing issues with opening a ticket or reaching out via Live Chat, please let me know and I can manually open a case for you if you need.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that they have deployed a fix in TU 1.3.1 for the issue wherein players were unable to complete the investigation. This issue should now be resolved.

This means that all ongoing issues with "The Absence of an Ealdorman" should now be resolved, and we will be marking this thread as such. If you are still encountering issues with "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" following TU 1.3.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the main game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue that you are still experiencing in-game when progressing through "In the Absence of an Ealdorman."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • zimpirate1
    9 posts

@ubi-woofer So there's a patch coming out tomorrow but yet this quest isn't on the patch list how long do we have to wait until we can continue with the game like I've been been able to play in like 3 months

• rustynailz121
    18 posts

Seriously three months and we still can’t finish the game because of these bugs? What will this take for us to get this matter resolved? A class action suit?

• LosPoyos
    7 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    Unable to proceed as the brooch has been looted priorStatus: Under InvestigationComments: I've reached out to the developers to get more information about the current status of the investigation, as we have not received an update ourselves in a little while. lf any further information is needed, I wil reply again to request this. I hope to be able to share some further insight soon, and sincerely apologise for the delay in resolving this particular issue, as I know it is the oldest recognised issue with this quest.
    ==>
    I'm in this situation. i don't know if that happened before or after 1.1.1. I have no previous saves. I'm stuck rigth after the hospice nun, the game still tells me to check for the hospice.

Is there a possiibility to access to next step of that quest with a simple
    IF (*normal conditions*) OR (*the game is bugged conditions*) THEN GOTO NEXT STEP.

Next step:
    IF (*normal conditions*) OR (*the game is bugged conditions*) THEN GOTO THE NEXT NEXT STEP.

Etc until the end of that quest.

From a programmer point of view, 3 month for this fix isn't professional. You have to learn to debug states machines and use minmax terms, this is a job for 2 years students in informatics or electronics. That fix is easy.

Thank you. 😕

• PoundedTitan
    6 posts

Still hasn’t been fixed? This is simple and very destructive. Talk about something to give you a bad taste for a game as a whole. I died after finding the brooch, falling, when I reload its like I haven’t done a thing. Way TO WASTE MY TIME

@patentedbugle11 Same for me as well. if this isn’t fixed soon. I’m never buying another creed again. Had ever game since the beginning too. This is it though. 70 hours in and have to restart, nope.

• PoundedTitan
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Lambdouille
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I purchased the game not long ago and really enjoyed it, until I got stuck on this quest few days ago.

I picked up the brooch during the quest line, saved the game because I had to get dinner and closed everything. When I came back, no more quest marker present, so I decided to go see Hunwald directly since I knew where he was, but nothing happens ...

I cleared every other missions I could, and now I can't go any further without completing this quest. I just saw that a patch note is going to be deployed tomorrow, but I don't see anything related to this topic and that's where it's tickling me because I now notice that the issue has been going on for soooooooooo long that I'm wondering if I'll be able to finish the game one day ?

I'm no dev so I don't know what it takes to resolve this kind of issue, but god damn it, what have they been doing for the past 3 months ?

Isn't there just a way to reset this specific quest from 0 for the one that did not complete it ? It's not so long to achieve and would be a relief for must of us ...

In the meantime, I believe I'll farm all the side quests .. But to be honest, I don't see the point of playing a game that can't be finished so I'm not even sure if I'll log in once more or even buy your next game.

Regards,

• T15roclem
    1 posts

83 hours and $100 to purchase the game for a incomplete game with unmotivated developers. They must be all about the money as they have made the most money on this game in their series. Sadly will not be buying any Ubisoft game ever again. Disappointing.

• Lexikotenerife
    4 posts

Is it just me or is it true that the glitch in "in the absence of an ealdorman" is not liated for patch 1.1.2???

I thought I reached the highest level of anger, disappointed and rage! But ubisoft gets me to a place I don't want to be!! You are selling us a game that isn't even 50% ready to be sold and now more than 3 months after buying it you still are not able to fix all glitches?! You have got to be kidding!!!

No comment on me wanting the money back and no comment on when you're fixing your game!!! How do you even dare?! I was friendly all along but now you have gone to far, installing the patch tomorrow and if I still can't finish the game you better get ready for serious damage!!

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!UBISOFT GET LOST AND GIVE ME THE MONEY BACK!!!

• Lexikotenerife
    4 posts

Is it just me or is it true that the glitch in "in the absence of an ealdorman" is not liated for patch 1.1.2???

I thought I reached the highest level of anger, disappointed and rage! But ubisoft gets me to a place I don't want to be!! You are selling us a game that isn't even 50% ready to be sold and now more than 3 months after buying it you still are not able to fix all glitches?! You have got to be kidding!!!

No comment on me wanting the money back and no comment on when you're fixing your game!!! How do you even dare?! I was friendly all along but now you have gone to far, installing the patch tomorrow and if I still can't finish the game you better get ready for serious damage!!

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!UBISOFT GET LOST AND GIVE ME THE MONEY BACK!!!

• guest-bnpX850F
    5 posts

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

THERE IS ACTUALLY NO PATCH NOTES FOR 1.1.2 FOR ABSENCE OF AN EALDORMAN?

BUT YOU HAD TIME TO ADD A NEW RIVER RAID? BEFORE FIXING A PROBLEM THAT WAS ALREADY THERE?

NEVER BUYING UBISOFT EVER AGAIN.

• FreelancerND
    4 posts

Nope, that stupid quest is not in patch notes. That stupid quest PREVENTS story progression and still it's on lower priority that moronic seasonal events.
    I won't target my frustration towards devs, it's not them who prioritize fixes. But UBI management? You people are too far gone into Scrooge department and doubt that I will buy anything from UBI ever again.
    A broken game still can be saved by prioritizing fixes, but UBI only wants money, so let their shareholders play their games, imagine how much revenue that would bring, since UBI is clearly working only to make shareholders happy, not us - gamers.

• wjx19910815
    6 posts

The 1.1.2 patch has no effect, I don’t know what they are doing this month

• billar99
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Harroguk
    11 posts
    I hope everyone connected to ubisoft gets covid and dies coz thats what its like right now

Seriously, Think about what you wrote just there and remember that this is a video game. Yes it sucks that its not be fixed and it has been there since launch but really, you think 10,000 people should die because of it?

• downloadtaky
    17 posts

Seriously, is there at least an expected ETA for this bug fix?

• ovilima
    1 posts

I have the same problem. This quest is broken and prevents further game progress. This MUST be fixed Ubisoft.

• superman1986723
    1 posts

It’s been 3 months and I still can’t finish the game bc I picked the brooch up before starting the quest. I have the brooch in my quest items but now I can’t proceed through the rest of the story.... the objective is blank and I can’t interact with anyone in the story arc.

• Lexikotenerife
    4 posts

@guest-bnpx850f amen!!!! I feel your pain

• Lexikotenerife
    4 posts

Funny how ubisoft is not even able to respond!!! If call of duty has a problem it is fixed with a day, ubisoft just laughs about it and focuses on bonus [censored] that no one asked for instead of fixing a 3 months going bug! IGNORING their community!!! Ubisoft will burn in hell and you know damn well that you are supposed to pay our money back!

Imagine I just pay 60% of the game next time and each months giving you additional 2%, you would ask me for the whole price, the same way we are asking for a 100% game experience!!! Contact me immediately!!!!

The joke is over!!!!!! THREE [censored] MONTH YOU STUPID CRIMINALS, ROBBING MY MONEY FOR [censored]!!!!
    I don't even [censored] care that you are aware of it and still ignoring it!!! "It is under observation" well then fire the people responsible for that!!!

Money back!!! I INSIST!!!!!!!! I didn't buy the game for waiting 3 month till I can finish it and just being annoyed by [censored]!!!

I understand why there is no telephone number to call...criminals!!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics