Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LosPoyos
    7 posts

I want to add that there is like 740 replies to this thread and a total absence of care by Ubisoft. Since monthes.

• Arthur.Morgan
    7 posts

Seems like UBI is not a game developer but federal bureau of game investigation.
    I mean soon we'll have this bug anniversary party with all folks from here.
    I fully understand support cannot do much but deliver the messages to the devs and back.
    No hate for you but I believe even you could learn the code and fix it for the last 5 months.
    Make a vote. I bet people here just want to skip this quest and finish the game.
    Please have a mercy 😄

• MGPanda
    2 posts

@LosPoyos @Arthur-Morgan can you guys even read? If you scrolled like... 10 posts? you would see that the support team at Ubi has confirmed that they have already found the fix and it's supposed to come out on the next update (I imagine at the same time as the first big DLC). I understand that this issue is frustrating for all of us, but there's no need to keep on beating a dead horse.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3895 posts

Hello all!

I would like to reach out you all with an update. Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to update you all with the status of the ongoing investigations into "In the Absence of Ealdorman." TU 1.2.0 is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

The following issues are due to be resolved with TU 1.2.0:

• Unable to give the brooch to Hunwald, due to looting it prior to starting the quest
    • Cutscene does not start after finding the Ealdorman in the castle
    • Quest objective marker is missing after a crash / game restart

If you are affected by any of these issues following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows you have TU 1.2.0 installed, as well as the issue still persisting in-game for you following TU 1.2.0.

The following issues are still under investigation by the development team:

• Bodies to investigate in Roaring Meg's Spring / the sewers are missing
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: This issue has been reported by limited players, but the developers have opened an investigation after receiving an affected save file. Additional videos of the issue and save files would be helpful for them to look further into this. I've asked for an update to see if there is any other information that they require as well.
    • Unable to complete the investigation of the three clues
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: This issue remains under investigation, and there are no progress updates to report at the current time. As soon as we receive an update, we'll advise you all of this here.
    • Unable to speak to the hospice NPC with the information you need in order to proceed
      • Status: Could not be reproduced on TU 1.1.1 (need affected save games to continue investigation)
      • Comments: The developers tried to reproduce this issue previously, but could not do so on the previous TU 1.1.1. If you are affected by this issue, they would like to gather your save file for further investigation to take place into this issue.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • meep2meep
    10 posts

Hey all, thanks for getting this fixed for us (super appreciated the patience from forums mods). Quick note I had to actually travel to Lincolnshire to get the objective to appear. Attached is a video proving the marker doesn't just immediately show up.... (sorry for the load times)

• YpsiBrave1965
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Ugh... After installing the 1.1.2 update this morning, I still have no quest marker in Chaper 3 In the Absence of Ealdorman. Attached is a video link showing that I have updated to 1.1.2 and still have no quest marker. I do not have the brooch, so that wasn't the issue. I have completed the following:

• Search the hospice
    • Explore the bathhouse
      • Go to the Secret Entrance
      • Roaring Meg's Spring is NE of Lincoln
    • Investigate the scene
      • Examine the body
      • Examine the clothing
      • Dive down and grab the key, open the door and examine the letter

At this point, I don't remember exactly what happened, but I never had a quest marker showing what to do next. You can see that my video shows I already had the key and opened the door, but now I can't examine the letter anymore.

Let me know if you'd like me to attach or send a save file.

Video link:

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@meep2meep - I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved for you! Thanks for sending a video on how you were able to get the objective to appear as well. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further trouble.

@YpsiBrave1965 - Thanks for updating us so promptly. I'm sorry to hear that you still don't have a quest marker in "In the Absence of an Ealdorman." Your video seems to be set to private, so I'm unable to view it. Could you change it to an unlisted video and share the link with us again so we can take a look?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Harroguk
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

Unable to speak to the hospice NPC with the information you need in order to proceed
    Status: Could not be reproduced on TU 1.1.1 (need affected save games to continue investigation)
    Comments: The developers tried to reproduce this issue previously, but could not do so on the previous TU 1.1.1. If you are affected by this issue, they would like to gather your save file for further investigation to take place into this issue.

Still unable to speak to the hospice NPC in 1.2.0

How do I get save games an pass them to you from my PS5?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Harroguk!

Thanks for taking the time to share your report, as well as a video, in the forums. I'm sorry to hear you're still unable to interact with the NPC within the hospice. I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look. You won't be able to manually collect your saves from PS5, so you won't be able to submit them to us for investigation. If possible, could you ensure that you have a recent cloud save available? We can then see if this can be collected for further investigation.

To check if you save is a cloud save, it should have a little cloud icon next to it.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Harroguk
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

Cool, thanks, the video shows that I do have a cloud save in place when I load the game.

• YpsiBrave1965
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis It should be public now (it looks like it already was). Here's the link:

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

Where is the update on Xbox!? it is now 4pm CET and the update is still not live.

• Ubi-Borealis

@Harroguk - Thanks for confirming that for me! I could see you had cloud saves available, I just wanted to ensure that these were the most up-to-date save files following TU 1.2.0. I'll pass your report to the development team. Thanks for sharing your report with us!

@YpsiBrave1965 - Thanks for setting your video to public. I've now passed this along to the development team so they can investigate this further.

@PoisonAkuto - We're aware that there was a delay to the update deployment on Xbox. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. You should be able to download the update now, though! Would you be able to check if the update is available for you?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • downloadtaky
    17 posts

Just upgraded to the last version (1.2.0) on PC, first start after the upgrade didn't went so well (spoiler, the game crashes before even starting).
    I'm waiting for the verify files procedure to end before give it the 4th try.

• MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@ubi-keo the patch did not fix anything for me. Logged on, still have brooch in my inventory, still no quest marker in Linconlshire or anywhere on map.

I am on the "Find and speak to Ealdorman Hundbeorht" Chapter 3.

• PoisonAkuto
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis Updating now! thanks

• downloadtaky
    17 posts

Update to my latest post (wasn't able to edit it).
    There is a small improvement now the game doesn't automatically shut down.
    It gets stuck in black screen.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@downloadtaky - Thanks for sharing your report with us. Just to confirm, you've been encountering these black screens following the deployment of TU 1.2.0? Thanks for letting me know you've tried verifying your files. If you haven't already, I would also check out the other troubleshooting steps on this support article. If you are still experiencing crashes and black screens after trying these steps, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our support team can take a closer look at your system files. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please include what troubleshooting steps you have tried, as well as a copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag.

@MAGASWAGNAR - Thank you for sharing your report within this thread. Would you be able to share a video with us that shows you have TU 1.2.0 installed, and that you still have no quest marker available? We can then pass this to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • PerfectPeter
    9 posts

@magaswagnar i am stuck on same thing

• downloadtaky
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis I finally managed to make it work.
    How? I play on a MSI Laptop (GL75 Leopard 10SFSK-493IT) and just disabled the software overcloking for my CPU and vRAM. After that the game started and I was able to return the brooch.

Suggested Topics