Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• NightGoblinX
    3 posts

Finally can continue the story after updating to TU 1.2.0.
    The fix didn't immediately fix the problem though.
    What I did to fix is:

1. Create a new Manual Save
    2. Load the newly saved game
    3. The objective for In the Absence of an Ealdorman finally appear!

Hope this help!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello there!

@downloadtaky - I'm glad to hear you've been able to resolve the issue! Thanks for sharing how you were able to do this as well 🙂

@NightGoblinX - Thanks for letting us know how you were able to get the objective marker to appear! @PerfectPeter, would you be able to try these steps to see if the objective marker in "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" appears for you?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis Yeah, I don't have time for a video but here's my proof.

undefined

• MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@magaswagnar #2undefined
    Also I did try verifying my files after patch was downloaded -> installed -> quest still not working -> quit to desktop -> verify files -> re-open game -> still no quest marker

• YpsiBrave1965
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Just FYI, I tried the manual save and load that @NightGoblinX suggested and it did not work for me....

• Maybe2Maybe3
    9 posts

The new update fixed the problem for me and I just finished the "Ealdorman" quest. After the update downloaded I pledged to Lincolnshire at the table and the quest with the marker and action statement to return the broach to Hunwald was available.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello there!

@MAGASWAGNAR - Thank you for sending those additional images. Just to confirm, were you able to try the other workarounds suggested in the thread, such as creating a new manual save and then loading this new saved game?

@YpsiBrave1965 - Thanks for confirming that you've tried the suggested workaround. I'll add this to your report.

@Maybe2Maybe3 - Thanks for letting us know that you've been able to proceed further in "In the Absence of an Ealdorman."

Thank you all for your continued updates 😊

Official Response
  • MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@maybe2maybe3 I don't have the option to pledge as they are the last territory to pledge - maybe this is why it's not working?

• BlackMumba797
    1 posts

This update fixed the problem for me, I was able to get the brooch and move on in the quest. Thank you for fixing this bug.

• MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis manually saving and then loading new saved did not work. Also, loading old saved games where I could click the different territories to try and trigger the quest again did not work. No quest icons. Brooch still in my inventory.

Bummer.

• Redleader-be
    3 posts
    This update fixed the problem for me, I was able to get the brooch and move on in the quest. Thank you for fixing this bug.

Maybe you don't need to pledge and already plegged, check your quest logs to see if it's in there and to activate it again?

• heathermasons69
    3 posts

I have the update and I'm still not able to finish the quest. I tried the other workarounds so far like making a new manual save and travelling to Lincolnscire, but none of them worked. I'm stuck in chapter 3 after I've found the brooch.

• captainjack03
    12 posts

I am also disappointed to report this has not fixed it for me either. I tried manually saving and loading and going back to a two-month-old save and neither got the quest marker to re-appear on the map and I'm still stuck on trying to find the Elderman step.

Please let me know what next steps I can do to try to resolve this issue.

• captainjack03
    12 posts

@magaswagnar Same for me.

• SBHeathcote
    13 posts

resolved for me (too much early exploration, Brooch already in inventory)

a few seconds of standing around, and then clearly some check triggers and the cutscene fires in.

120 days, and judging by the comments here, 120 days to deploy an incomplete solution.

Genuine sympathy for the Ubi support staff who seem to be trapped in the sisyphean endeavour of servicing this thread.

meanwhile I'll be picking up the plot and trying to remember what the hell I was doing 4 months ago when this game was relevant.

Sorry to y'all who are stuck with this. I hope they sort it out.

• timmypat
    2 posts

I'm still stuck with not being able to progress. Current task is to return the brooch to Hunwald. No marker appears for the quest, I travelled there but nobody is around to interact with, I tried a manual save and load.
    No success.

• MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@sbheathcote could you give me the exact location of where you were standing? What did you eat this morning? What sign are you? Pisces? Aries?

Man, I put out so many positive vibes into the Universe hoping the Devs would get this right. I think I need to change my religion. Buddhism is too patient. Maybe Nihilism? idk

• Hilfyre
    3 posts

It is fixed! Thank you

• guest-6cHoLjaF
    1 posts

Ive never posted on anything like this but dam i need this fixed. The update gave me blue balls today hoping it would be fixed.

• grendelprime54
    1 posts

I was hoping patch 1.2 would fix this as I got stuck, then instead of just dropping the game, did a bunch of side missions and hunted down the order, etc... I'm now 130 hours in, disappointed by patch 1.2 NOT FIXING this glitch, and really dreading that I will either have to drop the game for the time being, or start over. Guys, this is a game breaking glitch! Should be a really high priority... Especially because the mission it's tied to halts all storyline progress. I mean if the player has the brooch and the note in their inventory, then it should trigger the end of mission...

Suggested Topics