Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1493 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of "In the Absence of an Ealdorman following TU 1.2.0. I would like to provide you all with an update with the ongoing investigations into this quest:

• Quest objective/marker is missing
      • Comments: If you are still missing the quest marker following TU 1.2.0, please would you be able to provide us with a video that shows this. Additionally, if you play on PC/PS4, please could you open a support ticket/start a live chat and submit your save for further investigation.
    • Bodies to investigate in Roaring Meg's Spring / the sewers are missing
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: This issue has been reported by limited players, but the developers have opened an investigation after receiving an affected save file. Additional videos of the issue and save files would be helpful for them to look further into this.
    • Unable to complete the investigation of the three clues
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: This issue remains under investigation, and there are no progress updates to report at the current time. As soon as we receive an update, we'll advise you all of this here.
    • Unable to speak to the hospice NPC with the information you need in order to proceed
      • Comments: If you are affected by this issue, please could you submit your save file for further investigation using the instructions linked above.

I have passed on the reports that have been made within this thread following my last update to the development team. If you're able to provide any of the additional information from above, please let us know!

@guest-GcEnD0So - I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused following TU 1.2.0. The development team has reopened the investigation into the missing quest marker. Once we have any new updates to share with you all, we will let you know within this thread.

@DonFurinkazan - Sharing a link to the video would be perfect!

@MissVendettaXO - I'd like to clarify the issue you're encountering. Are you unable to hand the brooch to Hunwald, or do you not have a quest marker showing you where to go next? If you're unable to hand the brooch to Hunwald, would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to interact with him? We can then forward this to the development team for further investigation.

@Kakashi712 & @svarigesnus - Thanks for sharing your reports with us. I've passed these along to the development team for a closer look. If possible, would you be able to provide us with a video that shows you're unable to interact with the hospice NPC?

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Harroguk
    10 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

@Kakashi712 & @svarigesnus - Thanks for sharing your reports with us. I've passed these along to the development team for a closer look. If possible, would you be able to provide us with a video that shows you're unable to interact with the hospice NPC?

Like this one

or are you after multiple videos showing the same thing? Can you confirm that the devs were able to access my cloud save for PS5?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Harroguk!

We'd appreciate a couple more videos as part of the ongoing investigation, if players are able to provide these. I have already forwarded the video you provided us, and we've been able to collect your save file for further investigation as well.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • DonFurinkazan
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis

I posted the link to the video in the ticket 13448809 I already opened, here it is :

• andyrewkirk1984
    1 posts

Lost my quest marker xbox1

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@DonFurinkazan - Thank you for sending us a video that shows you have no quest marker, and that there is no body available to investigate in Roaring Meg's Spring. I've passed this video along to the development team to help with both investigations.

@andyrewkirk1984 - Thanks for sending us a video that shows your missing quest marker. I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • captainjack03
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis Sorry for the late reply, perfect glad to hear you received the save files. Thank you!

Also just wanted to say thank you very much as I've noticed the communication from Ubisoft has been much much better in the last few weeks regarding this issue and this is really appreciated. 🙂 Even just letting us know you are still working on it helps to keep us updated, so thank you and keep it up!

Please let me know if you need anything else to proceed.

• a_r_t_z_I
    2 posts

Im using newest versio of game and still cant see the mark on the map

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread. I'd like to provide you all with an update on what investigations are currently taking place with "In the Absence of Ealdorman," as well as provide more information on how you can help if you have been affected by any of these issues.

• Quest objective/marker is missing
      • Comments: Thanks to everyone who has sent us videos! We would also like to collect the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please could you open a support ticket/start a live chat and submit your save for further investigation.
    • Bodies to investigate in Roaring Meg's Spring / the sewers are missing
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: The development team have been taking a closer look at this issue following more reports. Additional videos of the issue and save files would be helpful for them to look further into this.
    • Unable to complete the investigation of the three clues
      • Status: Under Investigation (additional videos / save games welcomed)
      • Comments: This issue remains under investigation, and there are no progress updates to report at the current time. As soon as we receive an update, we'll advise you all of this here.
    • Unable to speak to the hospice NPC with the information you need in order to proceed
      • Comments: Thanks to everyone who has sent us additional videos and save files. If you are able to, please could you submit your save file for further investigation using the instructions provided above.

Please make sure you specify which issue you have been affected by when making a post. We will then pass on any information you have provided to the development team for a closer look.

@captainjack03 - You're welcome! And thank you for those kind words. We try to keep you all updated on investigations as much as we are able to. We don't yet have any new updates from the investigations. Rest assured as soon as we have any new information from the development team, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

@a_r_t_z_I - Thanks for taking the time to send us a video. I've passed this along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis ZzzZZzzZZzzZZzzZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzzZZZ

• MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

I have a riddle that I think you'll all like:

A Dev named "Ubi" - who has 7 AC Valhalla glitches to fix - was walking to St. Ive's. Along the way he received 20,000 emails, 500 bug fix requests, and 7 chickens.

How many glitches went to St. Ive's?

• DancingLemur
    3 posts

I too am unable to complete In the Absence of an Ealdorman. I’m playing on Xbox one and after finding the clue to go to Bolingbroc Castle I headed there. Before entering the castle, I stopped playing and logged out. When I restarted the game, I didn’t have a quest marker and it looked as if I didn’t have an active quest. I tried to load previously saved games, but I could get the quest to reactivate. I went into the castle, but am unable to get anything to happen. I can’t interact with the women in the basement and the dead ealdorman isn’t in the chair. Also, there are 2 men brawling on top of one of the towers, and I can’t interact with them. One of the brawling men is highlighted when I use Odinsight, but, they just keeping punching each other. Thank you.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@dancinglemur Thanks for updating this thread! May I request video footage showing what you've described above as well please?

Official Response
  • MAGASWAGNAR
    15 posts

Why haven't we heard any updates? It's been weeks. Do you think the thousands of paid customers forgot this glitch was game breaking? Do you think we would just forget?

Idea: maybe fix your game?

• DancingLemur
    3 posts

@ubiexcellent I’m happy to provide a video, but I’m not sure how to do that. Is there a link that would provide instructions on how to send you a video of the issue?

• DancingLemur
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • hoopermc
    1 posts

I was hoping that finally after the lastest update the mission marker would show up and I could finally complete this quest. I guess not. Still stuck with no mission marker and no ability to progress.

• LosPoyos
    7 posts

@ubiexcellent can Ubisoft admit its defeat on this bug and provide us A WAY TO SKIP THAT QUEST PLEASE.

After 6 month of patience, thank you very much for nothing.

No marker, and the false lead lady that can't be passed. We all know this quest by heart, there is no benefits to correct that quest. It is bugged, now please unlock us, that is all what we want. We're now levels 400 in zones that are level 160. The rest of game is broken for me.

Some of us made things that go after that first false lead lady in the hospice, there is no way to properly fix it, unless there is a reset button somewhere in the game or a pass button. Thank you.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks! I'm sorry these issues remains at large, but please rest assured the teams are actively working on a fix for each and every one of these reported bugs that occur within "In the Absence of an Ealdorman" as outlined above by my colleague Ubi-Borealis.

@DancingLemur Thanks so much for getting back to me! Are you able to upload the footage you have to a streaming website (such as YouTube), then share the video link with us over the forums?

@LosPoyos I appreciate you sharing this suggestion with us. The team has received similar feedback about the implementation of a 'reset' feature, so I'll be happy to add your idea to the report.

Official Response
  • Lambdouille
    2 posts

After not playing the game for 2 months, I saw that there was this new patch note supposed to fix the quest, and I was so enthusiatic when I saw that it fixed the problem for some players.

So I installed it once more and checked if it was fixed for me as well and see if I'll be able to finish the main story line, and guess what ?

Maybe next time 🤞 ✌

On my side :

• I didn't collect the brooch before the quest but during
    • I had the cut scene
    • I can't handle back the brooch to the m*****f****** Huswald
    • The quest marker disappeared after getting the brooch, enjoyed the autosave to grab a meal, and login back in the game in order to handle the brooch 🙄
    • I tried the manual saving thing, did not work

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics