Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bushwickedly
    Original poster 109 posts
    1. IF fish are killed by arrow, your hatchet (all underwater attacks), or your normal melee weapon, there's a possibility it'll immediately drop and fall through the map. More likely to happen to large fish (you know, the ones that spawn less than others usually that might take 30 minutes in the sea before it even appears) especially in shallow water near shores, but can happen in deep water too and arrows make it more likely.
    2. Fish have ability to clip through the map and anything else when swimming. See this alot with large fish near a shore edge. It'll do it's jump animation on a short loop from UNDER the map and will be visible with Odin's sight before going back under again after the jump.
    3. Clicking (actually holding the button which is even more obnoxious) Odin's sight 100 times a minute to track fish for 1.057921 seconds per button hold press is atrocious, especially coupled with fish despawning in front of your eyes. Ability to shorten the press and hold like the menu option and allow Odin's Sight to last as long as it does for all other animals would make it bearable.
    4. Fish despawn on the shores of sea areas. Is already known and people are vocal, but adding this as it's NOT the same as them clipping out while swimming and vanishing through the map one at a time or in rare instances, a small school of the small variants.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

Hey Bushwickedly, thank you for reaching out to us here! I can understand the annoyance this can cause while collecting resources and for quests. While you mentioned this happens more frequently for fishs to fall through the map and clip into other terrain, were you able to capture any video clips or screenshots? As for the Odin's sight duration, I can provide this to our team to review as well! If you can provide any links to any video clips or screenshots of this behavior (including the jumping animation underwater) please share them here or create a support ticket providing this information so our team can investigate this closer.

Official Response
  • Bushwickedly

I'll make a video and post it tonight.

• ubi-smash

@bushwickedly Excellent! Thank you Bushwickedly! 🙂

Official Response
  • Bushwickedly

Forgot a couple:

5.If unlocked in skill tree, can NOT auto-loot fish if killing them with your hatchet underwater. If above water or knee-high, etc., and killing them with a normal melee weapon, auto-loot works.

6.Arrows fired into fish are lost forever. Even having the skill that's supposed to make them stay on the map after firing, will not save arrows fired into a fish. They apparently eat them on contact.

Dunno if either 5 or 6 are working as intended or not?

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@bushwickedly I'll add:

- On XSX fish swim sideways a lot, especially when catching them. They are just static and on their side. Not sure if that is intended behavior.

- Fish invisible after catching them when Eivor holds them up.

- Thumbs up on no fish on the coast.

• Bushwickedly

OK, got everything in one short, non-cut video. Fast traveled in from other area to show it happening w/o special circumstances.

1. Beginning, I show no auto-loot with Hatchet underwater.
    2. 30 seconds in, I flail wildly to scare the fish and herd them to the shallow corner. Should be noted, clipping happens anywhere fish are "fleeing" or "fearful" and in shallow water near the ground. Watch closely in corner and you'll see some swim out of bounds on the sides. Ones not glowing with Odin's Sight but otherwise visible, are actually clipping. Usually a large fish will do the jump animation by tree root at the 1:30 mark I'm stabbing into, so testers should see it eventually.
    3. 1:40 mark, I shoot into ground to show arrow recovery.
    4. 1:50 fish vanishes in a magical poof; vanishing through map happens regardless of rune or bow equipped, and can occur with melee strikes too. In deep water, you can see them sink rapidly. ** Those curious, have a sleep gas w/ headshot rune I found in the world, later in-game.
    5. 2:10 mark, fish does NOT disappear and NO arrow is retrieved which I verify arrow retrieval again at end.

https://streamable.com/xgnvzw

https://streamable.com/e/xgnvzw?autoplay=1"

• Bushwickedly

@bushwickedly Adding a "Preview" option to the forum would help as it would allow us to see if a video was properly embedded or not. Between the erroneous flagging as spam and the 300 sec. editing time limit, I couldn't fix the post. Click link in other post

• Bushwickedly

@viralundead Halibut and Flatfish swim sideways. Mean those?

• Bushwickedly

If video acts up, download or watch in 360p. On old lap top and can't tell if site is wonky or my pc is too weak. 360 in settings shows video clear. Had to use a free site as I don't want accounts tied together.

• Strayngel
    83 posts

Yes to all 6 issues, however I DID retrieve ONE arrow from a fish once. Once.

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@bushwickedly No, in my game all fish swim sideways as soon as they are hooked. Also sometimes while swimming underwater fish swim sideways as well, but when using Odin vision from above water they seem fine. It's odd. Not sure if it's just console or not.

• ubi-smash

@Bushwickedly This is perfect! Thank you for sharing this video clip over to me! I have provided this over to our team with the timestamps given so they can review this further. Thanks again!

@ViRaLuNdEaD To add with the fish behavior we have already collected, would you be able to share a video clip of this from the Series X to share with the team?

Official Response
  • ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@ubi-smash Here ya go. You will notice the fish in the middle that I catch is already swimming sideways before I catch it. It's a trout. I hook it and it's static on its side the whole time. When I catch it I hold an invisible fish.

https://streamable.com/zp1vvy

• ubi-smash

@viralundead Excellent! Thank you for getting both items mentioned in the clip! I am provided this to our development team to check into further. 🙂

Official Response
  • ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@ubi-smash Something else to add to this. Today for about 5 min I finally got some fish to spawn on the coast. Tried to catch multiple Flatfish and it was impossible from land and boat. It would never do the final catch animation no matter how close the fish got. My thumb is about to fall off. LOL On boat it literally went directly under me multiple times. I don't have a video and now no fish will spawn on the coast again.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@viralundead I'm sorry to hear about this additional issue you've encountering while fishing, but I've notified the appropriate teams about it. Regarding the lack of fish appearing, this issue is currently being looked into by the team!

Official Response
  • JSRG1840
    80 posts

@viralundead lost count of the number of times I've had this happen to me in various locations. The only workaround I've found is to ignore what's happening on screen in terms of fish location and the temptation to move the line. Instead just keep mashing x until it lands. The system seems to go into a "div 0" loop if you manoeuvre the left stick. If you dont touch it the fish does EVENTUALLY land, though if you're playing a ps4 you wont see the image of holding the big varieties.

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@jsrg1840 Thanks, will try that. XSX is the same with invisible fish. See my video above.

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    27 posts

@ubiexcellent Thank you!

Suggested Topics