Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bushwickedly
    Original poster 109 posts

So, if you want black bear hides, you get TWO black bears in the game (not including Vinland which only drop leather and no skin) and have to literally park your boat on the shore next to their only river spawn, then port in to the boat and out 20 something times, and if lucky, at least one will drop a skin per run. Both bears can drop skins but usually only one does. However, you can find brown bear spawn locations where 6 of them are tightly clustered, and are found elsewhere too.

Please add more black bear spawn locations. Maybe have them chasing rabbits or wolves or something so people can farm both in one go.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

I wonder is this on purpose or whats going on here?
    Its not like they are hard to kill, so why only put 2 of them in the game?

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I don't understand it either. And you need a lot of these skins...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

well about 10 or something, they do respawn fast and i do it together with the dogfangs, almost done now.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I don't see the fun in this. Same with the dog fangs. The other animal stuff was no problem. The reindeer antlers were hard to get at first, but after finding a whole herd of reindeer in Hamtunscire, I had that covered.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

ye i agree its no fun at all, there should have been more black bears in th egame and then they could have just decrease teh droprate or something.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Actually, there should be no black bears in England at all, but that's a different topic. 😉

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

Ye i expected them to be in vinland or norway honestly.
    reindeers shouldnt be in england either for that matter

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 At the time, there probably were reindeer in Scotland. It seems that their extinction in the British Isles was partly because of hunting by Danes. But the largest concentration of reindeer in the game is to be found in the south of England, in Hamtunscire. That's not probable.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

The kind of snakes you see in Valhalla also does not seem to belong there. They were apparently just copy-pasted from the earlier games.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

scotland isnt part of the map and i found reindeer in southest part of england...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

Done collecting them, all i have left is arctix fox pelts 6 or something then onto fishing.

didnt see anything in the patchnotes though

actually back to norway once more, once ur done with all the quests you get one more for a legendary bow..

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 Scotland may not be featured in Valhalla, but if any reindeer were to be found in the British Isles at the time of the game, they lived in Scotland. So I wouldn't have been much surprised to see them just south of Hadrian's Wall, but I never saw even a single reindeer there. Only further south and especially as far south as Hamtunscire, as I have indicated already.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@hroozenbeek Yeah, seems like a bit of an oversight, but it's thankfully not that much time to gather all of the required pelts because they just respawn each time you fast travel - I just ran on my horse from the port fast travel point just west of where they are, and it didn't take more than a few minutes each time. I got a pelt each time I killed one of those bears - whether they made it that way or I just got very lucky, I don't know.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ziggurcat

isnt it weird though that u get these quests from the hunter, fisherman shop and even from the roman statue dude, but not from other shops.
    There quite a few that need several upgrade but there is no one inside and nothing to do

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@asgardian02 I'm not sure which other shops would have applicable items you can find out in the world.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ziggurcat

woodmaker could have chop you wood i dont know, there is plenty chicken and other animals you could have offered to the fowl store.
    etc

• Kormac67
    653 posts

Black bears are one of the easiest preys in the game.
    Park ship there, kill them, fast travel away, fast travel back to ship, repeat.
    And they even always drop a pelt.
    Completing ravens or polar foxes is much harder.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@kormac67

ravens are on all the cursed sites and if you complete them all you will have plenty of feathers in no time.
    Polar foxes are easy too, just use a predator bow and shoot away in norway

• guest-njWiP0aT
    1 posts

Can't find any more black bears after killing two. Tried leaving and coming back, tried meditating and nothing seems to work.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics