Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zeus-X-Machina
    Original poster 10 posts

i must be missing something here because it makes no sense to me that after finishing the game and clearing every loot box, big and small, after buying all iron ore, all leather and titanium that a vendor sells as soon as i finished every mission, i am no way near to upgrading my inventory. am i really supposed to go around and break 100 rocks to upgrade one single slot of one single weapon??? is this how it was designed or some weird glitch? can someone confirm?!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Karmachaositgp
    114 posts

@zeus-x-machina It's no glitch. Look at there helix store, they sell all those missing resources you'll ever need to upgrade the in game items. Ubisoft's greed shines once again with there helix store!

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@zeus-x-machina Since I finished the base game way back in December, I can tell you that clearing every single chest on the map (England, Norway) is far from enough from fully-upgrading all pieces of base-game equipment.

Not to mention the River Raid, the Yule, Ostara and Sigrblot festivals, as well as the Mastery Challenge quest added quite a few more pieces of gear to the game.

And I can tell you that the no. of iron yielded from the ores has already been raised significantly compared to when the game was first launched in November last year - each ore back then just gave 1 or 2 iron, when one now gives 5 to 7.

There are a few spots which spawn quite some iron ores in England (the waterfall cave behind Ravensthorpe, a cave near the Salmon pond in a northern region covered in snow, the NE fast-travel point in Hamtunscire, and that fast-travel point to the north of the previous one I believe). If you keep fast travelling among them then you can collect iron in a more efficient way because by the time you go back to the first location, all ores will have respawned. Yes it will be a rather tedious process but at least it is better than spending real money in the Helix Store.

• TheNorfolkian
    599 posts

@imaginaryruins That’s some nice intel. I haven’t even bothered attempting to upgrade everything... only the gear or weapons I want to use. But if I wanted to go on an ore-mining run, your method is sound... I can hear that ore humming already! Hahaha...

• Karmachaositgp
    114 posts

@imaginaryruins
    No its not. I've been done with the entire base game since beginning of December of last year also and looted everything and I have no were near enough to level every base game weapons and armor set let alone the extras from the broken festivals and lame story dlcs. Not even close. You must of got more of those randomly spawning resources then because that would be the only way you would have enough. I have 310+ hours and still don't. You don't get that much from river raids(yes I earned all rewards) besides there buggy and really not fun to grind. The festivals are a joke lol and so are the "mastery challenges" in all there buggy glory.
    The amount of silver and resources you earn I think is based on your level like in odyssey. It's still no were near enough

• Karmachaositgp
    114 posts

@imaginaryruins
    Unless you're way over the top OCD and literally clear every random resource spawn which trying break rocks or even hunt was joke and not fun at all. Not that they give that much any ways(5-7) is not much. DO you remember how many resources you got in origins or even odyssey when you looted a cart transport or arrow stand or when you broke down gear? It was far more than now granted you needed resources for your ship in odyssey but it was still doable without the helix store. Ubisoft does not value players time or players value of there money. You may want to grind and grind and grind because you have nothing better to do but that isn't true for most people : )

Suggested Topics