Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@smithies89

Wheres the davenport homestead? Is that at the start of the game? Maybe I missed a pile of content.

• fiendtron84
    13 posts

@cell1e

Davenport homestead is from Assassin's Creed 3, so you didn't miss anything.

I think each have their perks. I agree that their was more to do in Davenport, but from what I remember (although its been about year since I played that game so I might not be remembering correctly) that wasn't that much more to do. You had the mini game with Godfrey and Terry, there were animals to hunt. There were also the homestead missions, but I did not like how you had to progress through the story to unlock those missions. It made sense why it worked like that, but I prefer Raventhorpe in the sense that you can do a bulk of the upgrading without having to play through the story. I know to get to level 6 you have to play through the story, but I believe you can still get to level 5 by doing a majority of the raids. I also feel like you benefit more from upgrading Raventhrope than you did Davenport, with the feast buff in mind. When you upgraded Davenport I felt like the biggest perk (if my memory serves correct) was you were able to craft/buy special items in order to craft upgrade pouches. I did not like that you would have to go through a fair amount of the story to max your character out. I feel like with Valhalla you can upgrade your character alot without needing to play through the story.

So to give a black and white answer, I think Davenport was better in the sense that it felt more like a home/community, but Raventhorpe is better in the sense that by upgrading it provides more of a benefit to the gameplay than Davenport did.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@smithies89 Tbh. It feels a bit like they cut content from Raventhrope. I feel like there were meant to be way more side activies / quests there. At least it feels like it. In the beginning you have constant side quests after every region. Then mid game there is nothing. End game there is the epilogue.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@fiendtron84

Oh yes, I did play that game, sadly I liked it even less than Valhalla, I couldnt make sense of the homesteading part of that game and I just played the main story and carried on with the next game in the series.

Maybe if the homesteading was implemented differently or I was smarter I might have preferred the system in AC3 but I find the one in Valhalla is shallow but ok 🙂

• fiendtron84
    13 posts

@souldrinkerlp

Now that you say that, I agree. That thought had not crossed my mind before. Now that you introduced me to that thought, I feel as though they probably have quests written for Raventhrope, and they will add them at a later time to keep players engaged. The only idea I have to support that theory, is that they are going to add the yule festival in the season one free dlc. That makes me think there is the possibility they might add more Raventhrope content.

• fiendtron84
    13 posts

@cell1e

With the Davenport homestead, I feel like they did not do a great job explaining the mechanics. It took me awhile on my first playthrough to understand the benefits of upgrading the homestead. The missions could be fun at times. Though I did not like the biggest reward was being able to craft something that would allow me to craft something better (unless I am forgetting something). It was fun in its own way, but way to tedious to want to do on a second playthrough.

• Belcechus
    36 posts

Raventhorpe without bugs.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

I just wondered... Considering you can't get 100% currently and that the game is so buggy... Maybe there is more content in Raventhorpe but it is just bugged :'D

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@fiendtron84

Yeah I probably should have persevered a bit longer with the homesteading in AC3, I probably missed out on some of the best bits of the game. I usually enjoy that sort of thing, loved the settlement system in FO4.

• JCar4327
    612 posts

@souldrinkerlp I'm going to say there probably isn't much more than what most people have seen in Ravensthorpe.

@Smithies89 I think Davenport was perfect for AC3, watching the homestead grow and interacting with each of the members by helping them with their issues. Really gave you the feeling that you were invested in them. I think they tried to do the same with Ravensthorpe but it just lacks the more intimate feeling you got from interacting with Davenport's residents. However, I feel it does add to the overall essence of the story.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics