Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Swaza1979
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi - as others have said, the body cannot be interacted with in that way. You can speak to the dead body, but once that dialog is completed you cannot pick up or booby trap the body. In fact as it is part of a cut scene, you cannot use any weapons or abilities.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@guest-ynbmq8mg Thanks for sharing this workaround!

@Swaza1979 I appreciate you getting back to me with this information. While we do not have any additional details to share regarding this issue, I have requested an update from the development team and will share any new information as soon as it's been provided to me.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent

@silver_zamurai Hi there. I completely understand how frustrating this issue is and am extremely sorry about that. I checked on our on-going report, but no new details have been shared with us by the development team on this issue as of yet. However, since you're on the PC, would you be able to provide your save file(s) perhaps? These would help our teams look into what might be going on, and hopefully help with finding a fix.

Official Response
  • tommetj
    4 posts

Reloading 10 minutes back, to the war in eurviscire, end then walk to the mission " of blood and bonds ", do not fast travel !! If i fast travel, halfdan lies dead on the floor, if i walk, to jorvik, he is alive and i can continue the mission,

Hope this helps for you two, good luck

• tommetj
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiExcellent

@tommetj I appreciate you sharing what resolved this error for you, and have passed it along to our investigating teams. 😊

Official Response
  • PbMan13
    1 posts

I have this same issue.... Frustrating!

I don't have a previous saves game I can load either... Ugh... Game over?

• Jian-Taiko
    2 posts

Of blood and bonds quest, Halfdan’s coronation, Halfdan is lying on the ground and there is no interaction option, no progress with the quest possible. I also experienced not being able to get off my horse, or use other actions. I have this glitch since yesterday, tried a couple of times, doing other quests in between and coming back but still the same issue. When i went to support pages, and wanted to submit a case it said it wasn’t possible and should use the chat, but chat is unavailable. This is a joke. Cannot count the number of glitches that did not allow me to continue with a quest.

• emetlinski
    4 posts

@vladis1980 Any updates there? I have exactly the same issue for 2 months or so. Contacted support team, but no one cares.
    undefined

• Silver_Zamurai
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent hey 🙂 thanks for the reply. How do i upload my save files ?? and i tried loading an earlier save state but no dice. It didnt help. Walked my way towards Halfdan but he is STILL on the ground. Cant interact with him or nothing ( his dog is fine though xD)

• Tazpants
    1 posts

I'm unable to progress in the 'Of Blood And Bonds' quest. I need to take Halfdan to the coronation but he's stuck laying on the ground. The update today didn't fix it as i'd hoped.

• neilgd
    18 posts

Halfdan whilst supposedly on his way to be crowned king of Jorvik is lying face down on the ground where he was talking to Faravid, it’s a game breaker as we can’t complete the arc as “he needs to be present”

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of this issue with "Of Blood and Bonds" whereby the coronation sequence cannot be completed due to Halfdan lying dead on the floor. I've merged several threads for this topic into this new megathread, and we'll be updating this thread from now on with the latest information about the issue and requests for further information if/as necessary. 🙂

If the previously suggested workaround to trap Halfdan's corpse and have an enemy investigate it to make it explode is impossible for you to perform, another workaround suggested by players in the thread (thanks to @guest-ynbmQ8mg and @tommetj for this!) is to reload a save from before spoiler and then travel again to the Royal Hall to start the objective to find Halfdan and walk him back to the ceremony. Hopefully things should proceed as normal from there.

Should that workaround not be possible or effective, then please do rest assured that this is an issue under investigation and the developers are looking for a fix. To aid them in their investigation, we're collecting videos of the issue and save files from affected players, as well as MSINFO / DXDIAG files from PC players who are experiencing the issue. If you would be able to provide any of the aforementioned resources for us to look at, it would be much appreciated! The files can be submitted via a support case, while any videos should be uploaded to a hosting site such as YouTube and then the link shared here, so that we can easily pass the link onto the relevant teams involved in the investigation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and have a nice evening! 🙂

Official Response
  • neilgd
    18 posts

@ubi-woofer

here is a vid of my situation on ps5, you can see him standing up with Synin but if you get close enough he falls over

• neilgd
    18 posts

@neilgd in addition I might as you can see me attempting to use my bow and axe, you cannot, can’t pick up his body or trap him. Can’t really do anything to him

• neilgd
    18 posts

@ubi-woofer hey I’d be happy to supply my save file on ps5 if that’s going to help? No idea how to get it to you tho

• Greebo35
    2 posts

Dear Ubisoft, how on Earth can I submit this as a bug report, while your own ticket system says that due to COVID support is unavailable (chat only)? And then chat... is also not available.

Here is the video:

PC version, from Ubisoft Connect.

• UbiExcellent

@neilgd
    @Greebo35
    Thank you both for sharing these video links! I've added those to the report we have for this issue. Regarding uploading the requested files to a support ticket, please feel free to get in touch with our Support teams over Facebook or Twitter if the email and chat options are not available on the support website. Our Social Support teams will be happy to create support tickets for you which you can then attach these files to.

Official Response
  • neilgd
    18 posts

@ubiexcellent
    hey thanks for trying to help us man I know this isn’t an easy thing to fix, a game this size is gonna have issues . I know this is gonna sound dumb but instead of fixing the bug can’t they just change the requirement of the mission? So instead of Halfdan needing to be present, we can just go to the royal hall for the coronation instead, that little (unnecessary in my opinion) go get Halfdan who’s 2 seconds away from the hall anyway moment is what’s causing the issue in the first place! Just a thought, and I’ll contact the help guys to see how to add my save file

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

@neilgd - Thanks for your understanding! I've taken a look and I can see that you play on PS5. In this case, you may not be able to submit your save file for further investigation, as I believe these can only be collected from PC/PS4. If you're able to access the game on PS4, we'd appreciate you still taking the time to submit your saves for investigation! If you're unable to do so, please don't worry. We're grateful that you took the time to send us a video and provide your report on your experiences of the issue in-game 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics