Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Greetings everyone! At this time, we are still awaiting an update from the development team regarding this issue. However, if anyone is able to provide their affected saves in the meantime, please do so, then share your support case number here for visibility.

@neilgd Thank you for uploading this video clip to this forum thread. I've made sure our teams have access to this.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Of Blood and Bonds" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Of Blood and Bonds" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • emetlinski
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent Not acceptable practice at all. I'm stuck with this glitch for two months, I paid for the game and I can't play it. Moreover, you guys do not give a refund for this game-breaking bug. I am a patient person and I love all of your games but filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau because that is unbelievable.

• Attached is my case number for reference if that will make any difference. 13692414

• UbiExcellent

@emetlinski I'm sorry I didn't have additional information to share regarding the status of this bug, since I understand this issue is preventing continued gameplay and progress. With this being said, I have shared all the information that I currently have at my disposal with everyone here. As soon as further developments have been made with this investigation, please rest assured that we will share the details with everyone here. Until that happens, we are only able to reiterate that this bug remains under investigation.

Thank you for sharing this case number! I see that our teams have responded to you, but if you have any further questions about the outcome, please let me know.

Official Response
  • emetlinski
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent Why wouldn't you issue a refund to those who request it since this bug is from the Ubisoft part? It is something that prevents me to use the product and not what I paid for.

• UbiExcellent

@emetlinski Generally speaking, digital purchases that have not been launched and are less than 14 days old can be refunded as per Ubisoft's policy on requesting a refund for a digital purchase. However, beyond this I am not able to speculate further, as these decisions are solely made by the E-Commerce team.

Official Response
  • Swaza1979
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubiexcellent Hi

I understand that this is still under investigation, but is it being actively looked at by the teams or sat in a backlog? I initially reported this issue on the 6th December 2020 over 65 days ago. It would be good to know where this issue sits in terms of priority, as I (and the others in this thread) are not able to progress in the game. I have had the game since release so of those 90+ days I've only been able to play it for 26. Having an expectation of when and if this is going to be resolved would be greatly appreciated right now as this isn't up to the levels one would expect for any other product or service.

• ImMiscellaneous
    1 posts

So when is this expected to be fixed?
    it’s frustrating not to be able to advance in the story line bc of this....

• neilgd
    18 posts

No point in bothering guys they clearly don’t care about this issue enough to fix it , if they did it would be fixed by now

• UbiExcellent

@swaza1979 Hey there! As this bug is blocking game progression, this remains a prioritized issue. However, beyond this I'm afraid I do not have further details. I'm incredibly sorry about that, since I can certainly understand how helpful and reassuring it would be to have a set expectation for when this issue will be addressed as you noted. Unfortunately, this is information the team does not have as of yet, which is why we cannot provide it here. In the meantime, please know that we will continue to update this thread, even if it is just to let everyone know that we are still here and actively checking for updates.

Official Response
  • Greebo35
    2 posts

This topic is now over one month old, with some folks (myself included) being unable to progress in the main story. I am stunned with the fact that such a high priority issue has not been solved yet, and that no one is able to offer a clear time frame about when things will start to improve. As players we have done our part, helped where we could by sharing videos, submitting files, etc. But this is clearly not enough. So... now may be a good time to start talking about refunds. Ubisoft sold us a faulty product which does not work as advertised. As such, players have grounds to request refunds either via credit card providers (chargeback) or maybe Ubisoft starts acting up as a grown up business? I do realise that this is not the direction in which the community managers may want this topic to develop, but I would be glad if someone from the Ubisoft team provided clear information about (a) Ubisoft refunds policy in the case of a faulty product, and (b) technicalities: how to make a claim and what are the anticipated processing times. Thank you.

• Mominator04
    2 posts

I am having the exact same issue - does this happen to everyone or just unlucky few?

• Mominator04
    2 posts

@tommetj thank you so much! After reading this I went back as well and rode the horse back instead of Fast Traveling and he was alive! I am just so glad I saw this before I spent more time on side missions. 🙂

• hmrn61
    3 posts

Has now been 3 months since I reported , every patch that comes out I’ve been coming back to see if it’s fixed ..... still broken. No prior saves able to load, no restart mission . I quit

• MetSPECIAL
    2 posts

Hello Everyone, I have had this glitch happen to me as well but I just figured out a way to get around it. For my situation Halfdan was stuck up on the wall outside laying down next to his dog. I was unable to attack him or use most of my abilities. I eventually found an oil jar spawn close by and brought one up to him. The only way I could get it to explode was by using the ability to jump in the air and slam the ground. This caused Halfdan to run around on fire for a few seconds before he would glitch and lay back on the ground. After numerous times I was able to get him to run down the main stairs to the main hall. Down there I was able to pick him up. If you pick him up and drop him right by the throne in the hall there will be an option to speak while he's laying on the ground and I was able to continue on. I have been stuck on this for over a month..... I hope this helps someone!!

Posted clip on My Xbox 1 profile..

MetSPECIAL K

• UbiExcellent

@metspecial Thank you for sharing this workaround! At this time, the teams are still investigating this issue but we will continue to keep everyone here informed as soon as updates become available to us.

Official Response
  • Woudangst
    1 posts

I have the same problem on pc right now. Tried all I can do, but even older saves don't help, and other older saves are just too far back. I really have no interest in going back that far or having to endure a laborious task like glitching an npc towards certain direction, just so that I can HOPEFULLY proceed. I already had many other glitches along the way, mostly minor annoyances, but this something unacceptable, especially considering the age of this thread. I am done.

• UbiExcellent

@woudangst I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with this issue and with the other bugs you mentioned having encountered during your playthrough of Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I've notified the development team that you are also unable to proceed in this quest due to Halfdan being dead and will continue to follow up on this thread as soon as updates have been shared. I also completely understand not wanting to reload an earlier save that would set you back many hours, so no worries about that. Once a fix has been found, this should not be necessary.

Official Response
  • neilgd
    18 posts

@metspecial I did this and it worked! Seriously guys not a joke , get a exploding jar and use the jumping smash ability (can’t remember the actual name) it’ll break the jar which will set Halfdan on fire and he will get up and run away , if you’re lucky he will run to a point where you can interact with the body , pick the body up and take him to the throne . The cut scene will play , honestly dead happy to get that sorted out! If you choose to fight Faravid next tho you will have other things to do involving Halfdan, don’t be concerned tho he will still be dead on the floor but it doesn’t impact anything further , if you feel like the game randomly stops at any point and you don’t know what to do next either fast travel somewhere or save and reload the game, once you speak with Halfdan at Scarborough he will ask you to light the brazier, once you’ve done so, go back to see him and it should finalise the mission. Happy hunting fellas

• UbiExcellent

@neilgd I'm glad to hear MetSPECIAL's workaround helped you get past this bug! I've shared this with the investigating teams in hopes it furthers their investigation of this issue, so a more permanent solution can be found and implemented.

Official Response
  • jegro002
    3 posts

Great Thanks to u @metspecial. It took me like 4 hours. But FINALLY!!! Halfdan run down to the main stairs to the main hall, and i could finally continue with the quest. I have wait 3 months for these moment! So grateful! Thanks again @metspecial!!!

Find oil jarl in Jorvik theatre and Multangular Tower!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics