Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • VicinityThree
    3 posts

Hi.

I have encountered a game-breaking bug.
    I'm supposed to witness Halfdan's coronation, but he is seemingly "dead" on the floor, but moves his arms and legs.
    Was hoping I could lift him up (like when carrying a corpse) but I can't interact with his body at all.

I cannot progress the story further, even after restarting the game.

undefined

• Samkay6
    3 posts

CORONATION OF HALFDEN HES STUCK ON THE FLOOR AND I CANNOT PROGRESS IN THE GAME I DO NOT HAVE A MANUAL SAVE

• ARA025
    1 posts

Having same problem

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@swaza1979 I'm afraid this isn't possible to do on the Xbox, my apologies! However, our teams have shared some workarounds that might help. Please give these a try, then let me know what the results are:

• Booby trapping the body
    • Throwing the body at an enemy

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent

@doktorfysik Thank you so much for uploading those files to your support ticket and for updating me here on the forums. I've made sure these files have been shared with the team that's currently looking into this error and have also let them know that the suggested workarounds did not resolve this issue for you. As soon as more information has been shared with me, I'll do my best to update you here. 😊

Official Response
  • Samkay6
    3 posts

I am stuck on “ of blood and bonds “ HALFDENs coronation he is laying down dead and he needed to get into his house to start the ceremony I cannot progress in the game at all I have opened a ticket with Ubisoft and they said it’s a “ strange event “ has anyone been stuck on this?

• leldene1
    1 posts

Hi! I’m stuck in “Of Blood and Bounds”, “Witness Halfdans coronation”. Halfdan is lying dead on the ground and I can’t continue missions 😞

• Arnozzle
    1 posts

same problem here...did you find a way to fix it?

• javibuan
    1 posts

Halfdan is literally on the ground dead. But the quest says that the ceremony cant start w/o him. I’ve been trying to re-load my saves and deleted and redownloaded it again but nothing. Still the same. I cant get to continue with the main story cause of this.
    Playing on the PS4

• Dereknez
    1 posts

I am over 100 hours into AC Valhalla and I can’t complete the game because “Of Blood and Bonds” mission is bugged. I can’t help but feel cheated. Halfdon is laying down and will not enter the hall for the ceremony. Imagine after all the hours I put into this game and there is no fix. Also every time I spawn in my character and screen wobbles all around like he is drunk. If played every AC game and never had any issues, I am so disappointed.

• divine-wander
    1 posts

Hello,am experiencing problems with the quest ,of bloods and bonds, halfdan is lying on the ground unable to move.How can i fix this?

• cheyanneotw
    2 posts

I'm also having the same issue and this is the only forum I've found that mentions it. In regards to the suggested fix: You can't throw the body at an enemy because it doesn't let you interact with it at all, I'm not sure what "booby trapping" implies but I'm assuming you'd need to be able to interact to do that as well

• cheyanneotw
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent I'm unsure about the booby trapping as I don't have that skill yet, but you're unable to throw the body as you can't "interact" with it at all

• UbiExcellent

My apologies to the both of you for the troubles caused by this issue.

@divine-wander Please try reloading a previous save if you haven't already to see if this resolves the error for you. If it doesn't, please provide your saves if applicable for our investigation.

@cheyanneotw Thank you for answering those questions! I've updated the report with your answers and hope to have more information to share with everyone about this bug soon.

Official Response
  • guest-ynbmQ8mg
    3 posts

My halfdan is also laying face down dead when I found him. I can't interact with him at all. I have tried going to a previous save point I've tried going back as far as five hours prior to me getting here and still it is the same. I have tried to also fast travel away and come back. I have tried to carry, booby trap and I've also tried seeing if one of my abilities would get him to interact and I still can't.

• guest-ynbmQ8mg
    3 posts

@guest-ynbmq8mg and I'm on the playstation 4 not the xbox

• guest-ynbmQ8mg
    3 posts

@swaza1979 go back and re kill the king in your last quest it should work that's what I just ended up having to do to get my halfdan alive and then fast travel back make a bee line for the royal hall hurry and talk to moira and then go straight to halfdan he should be standing up and alive like he's supposed to be

• Silver_Zamurai
    2 posts

@doktorfysik i got the EXACT same bug (PC). How and why is this happening ?! i cant progress further since this is my last arc to complete :(i love this game so much SO - UBISOFT ?! How about a f****** ETA on a fix please ?!

• Swaza1979
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi - as others have said, the body cannot be interacted with in that way. You can speak to the dead body, but once that dialog is completed you cannot pick up or booby trap the body. In fact as it is part of a cut scene, you cannot use any weapons or abilities.

• UbiExcellent

@guest-ynbmq8mg Thanks for sharing this workaround!

@Swaza1979 I appreciate you getting back to me with this information. While we do not have any additional details to share regarding this issue, I have requested an update from the development team and will share any new information as soon as it's been provided to me.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics