Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• whorphan
    Original poster 21 posts

Oh gosh where to start....

1. I reinstalled the game due to all the glitches listed below and now I can't load my saves.
    It just says: "Installing Install in progress. 00% completed."
    MAJOR GAMEBREAKING BUG!
    -----
    These are some of the bugs I experienced before I uninstalled the game:

2. The Bell won't spawn at all. Even though I have all the clues. This breaks the game because you can't get 100% completion.
    3. Man's best friend. Even though I've completed the quest I didn't get the ability. After I found the book of knowledge I got the ability but it's stuck on level 1.
    4. Can't fast travel after confronting Basim and returning to Ravensthorpe
    5. Tracking Quests is broken. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
    example: Map never shows where a member of the order is even though I have all the clues.
    6. When fishing you can clearly see (male) Eivor holding his arms as if he holds a big fish but the fish is not there.

With as this being said, I'm returning the game tomorrow. I've checked if it's possible and apprently, where I live, if a game is as riddled with bugs as this one is it's OK. The fact that you can't play the game after you reinstalled with backed up save files was the last straw.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• whorphan
    Original poster 21 posts

@whorphan
    Since you can't edit more than 10 minutes after posting... sigh...
    7. Male Eivor is referred to as "she" by the children during An Althing For The Half Crown

• MissM16
    213 posts

😞

I know how you feel. I'm rolling with 4 manual save files (updating like every hour) crawling at a snail's pace to avoid these awful bugs. I've never had anxiety playing a game before.

If I hear them drop the she-bomb on my male Eivor I might riot. Give us one person or make them separate people. Twins/siblings with one dead at childbirth... Animus glitch sci-fi babble zapping one into oblivion... whatever. We don't care.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey there! I appreciate you posting about the various bugs you've encountered in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but I would also like to apologize for the aggravation and inconvenience caused. Going down the list:

1. What platform are you playing on when you encounter this "Installation still in progress" error? We have some troubleshooting steps we can provide for this, but the steps can change slightly depending on the platform you're on.
    2. Would you be able to forward some screenshots or a short vide clip showing this error with the Bell not spawning? I'd like to bring this up to our teams to be evaluated further, so any footage would be great to have on hand!
    3. We're aware that players are not receiving the ability after completing 'A Man's Best Friend" and have posted about it on our Known Issues thread. Currently, this is an issue that's still being worked on, but we hope to have more details to share with everyone soon.
    4. The same thing can be said about the issue with not being able to fast travel. Our suggested workaround for this issue is to sleep in your settlement's bed, but we are currently working on a longer-term solution.
    5. Are there specific quests or quest types that aren't being tracked? If you have more details about this issue, please share them on this thread so I can also get this reported to the appropriate teams.
    6. I'm happy to say that this issue with the 'invisible' fish should be resolved in a future update!
    7. We've received similar reports about Eivor's pronouns not matching his/her current gender, but I've let my teams know that you experienced this specifically during "An Althing for the Half-Crown".

I understand that you're looking to return the game due to these issues, but if you are able to provide the requested information for any of the items listed above, that would be extremely helpful.

@MissM16 I'm sorry for any anxiety caused! Have you also encountered the issues mentioned above by whorphan?

Official Response
  • MissM16
    213 posts

@ubiexcellent

Hi

Thank you for asking but thankfully no, I haven't experienced any major bugs yet a reload hasn't fixed.

To be fair, I just got to England so I only encountered minor bugs so far, like getting stuck in a rock and desynchronizing, a quest giver NPC getting stuck on top a chair etc.

I did notice when we first meet Basim and Haytham at the feast in the longhouse... when talking to Haytham, he was eating out of an empty hand. Like taking bites of an invisible apple in his hand. I don't know if that's the same type of bug as Eivor's invisible fish though.

• Elicit85
    17 posts

@ubiexcellent I feel as though the company should start paying out refunds. The support of this game is trash, its been broken since launch and everytime a patch is released. It literally breaks more of the game. In its current state this game is unplayable. The game is defective/broken. And as such, I believe that a class action law suit will be successful.

• wombatsoviet
    14 posts

I'm done with this company. I have removed every single game of theirs from my Steam account and have requested my Ubi account be perma deleted.

• whorphan
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubiexcellent

1. PS4
    2. I would if I could but since I get the "Installing. Install in progress. 00% completed."-error, I can't. But also I didn't sign up to a "beta-tester". This is not me being rude, this is me being very, very tired of buying broken products. I will give it one last try to reinstall and load my saved games. If that doesn't help, I'm out.
    3. Ok. When? The game has been too broken for too long. Again, not me being rude. Just tired of a subpar product that cost me way too much considering.
    4. I've tried every workaround suggested. Didn't work. That's why I tried to reinstall it and that's why I hit another brickwall.
    5. One example that comes to mind is tracking The Order. Not matter if you have all the clues and stand next to the npc, there's nothing on the map. This glitch worked on and off before the 1.04 patch, then it stopped entierly.
    6. Again... Ok. When? Not that it's a major issue but it piles on.
    7. See 6.

The problem, as I see it, is that you shouldn't have rushed to release such a broken game. You know this. Your customers know this. Look at where we are. Your staff don't have to time adress issues in time (due to Covid and such, you're even more limited), the updates sometimes fixes certain issues but also causes new (sometimes gamebreaking) glitches. It's no wonder you can't keep up. If I would've sold broken items to so many customers I would've never ever been welcome in my line of work again. That's something to consider. I hope you take this as constructive critcism.

• whorphan
    Original poster 21 posts

@elicit85 It's time for customers to stop being firstday buyers and stop listening to shill reviewers. Waiting for 6 months to a year won't hurt you. I know I will after this bad experience. I'd gladly pay for a game that works. But expecting a customer to buy a product at full price and then wait (probably months) for them to fix it? Nuh-uh.

• Elicit85
    17 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Elicit85
    17 posts

@whorphan I seriously misread what you said at first and snapped off lol. Luckily I reread it and was like oh yeah, valid point lmfao.

Suggested Topics