Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JFord047
    Original poster 1 posts

OK I only have 20 Ubisoft Games loaded onto the computer, so I am not a Heavy Gamer!

But I got Assassins Creed Valhalla for my wife to play.. Loaded it in Via the Ubisoft Connect, into the Ubisoft Library on the computer , it Crashed loading the Windows c++ element of the install, (why it needed it is beyond me as it was already installed on the computer)

So uninstalled - re installed all seemed ok, started it and it stopped on the loading screen !!!

The computer is Fully updated with All the latest Drivers / Patches / Updates etc

Reinstalled it, again and still nothing.

I looked at the support, and the recommendation was to reinstall the Ubisoft Connect software, did that, Nothing! (20 games working OK, was doubtful of a fault, but you cannot moan unless you fallow the dumb stuff as well as the smart!!

A Couple of places said that you needed it on the C Drive to run, kind of makes Sense , if this was developed for the Xbox and the PlayStation , its only going to be a problem if you move it to your external!!!

Still Nothing though, so I once more uninstalled the Ubisoft Connect and re installed it on the C Drive , Low and Behold the game now actually worked!!!

But the defaults for Everything is now the C Drive!!!

I DO not put ANYTHING on the C Drive except my Personal Files and the Operating system Files. In this day and Age where Applications can and do move anywhere WHY DO I NEED TO PUT IT WHERE YOU WANT???

I did not Spend £6000 on a computer for you to dictate how to play your £60 game!!!

So as A Middle ground - you get / I get Idea

A little bit of "Jiggery Pokery"

Create A Folder on the C - drive ( Mines is call "Arrogant")
    go into windows control panel, Administrative tool - Computer management - Storage / Disk Management

On one of your Big Drives (20TB RAID0 one for me) Create a Virtual Disc (dynamically EXPANDING is your best option) 4TB in size

when it asks for the Drive Letter, mount it as the c:\Arrogant Folder

install Ubisoft Connect c:\Arrogant
    Install all of your games into C:\Arrogant\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\

It will All work!!!

Would It have been too Difficult for Ubisoft to add a notice /Caveat on the box or on the site "ONLY RUNS ON MAIN DRIVE - WILL NOT RUN FROM ANY OTHER DRIVE"

ok people like me would not have bought it!!! but at least you would know from DAY 1

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics